New Book by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Coëmgenu

Re: New Book by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu

Post by Coëmgenu »

un8- wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:20 pmI found a similar one by Ven Punnaji, check it out, he has similar views

on page 34 (link below)
There was a brief period of time when I was nearly a Puññajist myself. IMO, of the secular-style teachers, his re-defining of DO is the most internally coherent and matched to the Pāli suttas. I don't agree with it, but acknowledge its coherency.
"...and so concludes the exposition of the originated," spake Thomas the Bodhi Wizard. Then, he summarized in a verse:

"I tell you as I told my darling Auntie Wanda,
'It's all a ball of wibbly-wobbly Dharma-Wharma.'"

They rejoiced and lauded.

(Dharmatā verse from the Sūtra of Dubious Import)
Ceisiwr

Re: New Book by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu

Post by Ceisiwr »

Coëmgenu wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:13 pm
un8- wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:20 pmI found a similar one by Ven Punnaji, check it out, he has similar views

on page 34 (link below)
There was a brief period of time when I was nearly a Puññajist myself. IMO, of the secular-style teachers, his re-defining of DO is the most internally coherent and matched to the Pāli suttas. I don't agree with it, but acknowledge its coherency.
I think the key takeaway there is "re-defining".
“When there are words, there is the fetter of birth and death. When words do not exist, there is nirvāṇa. Those who have words have birth, death, arising and cessation; those who have no words have no birth, no death, no arising and no cessation.”

EĀ 30:1