Welcome back to Paul (retro)

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
DNS
Site Admin

Welcome back to Paul (retro)

Post by DNS »

Welcome back to Paul (retrofuturist) as Admin for Dhamma Wheel!

Paul (retro) has agreed to return as Admin for Dhamma Wheel. Many of you know that he is a co-founder and was quite instrumental, actually the leading figure in the formation of Dhamma Wheel seven and a half years ago.

And much, much thanks to Ben and Tiltbillings for their service as admin and moderators for the past several years. They have worked tirelessly in the formation of this forum too and in moderating duties and worked around the clock getting rid of spammers.

:anjali:
Nicolas

Re: Welcome back to Paul (retro)

Post by Nicolas »

Welcome back, and thanks again to all the moderators for the great and often ungrateful work you do for us!
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

I knew you'd be back! :thumbsup:

Buddha save me from new-agers!
Cormac Brown

Post by Cormac Brown »

Very welcome back, Paul. May all the administrators work in harmony to encourage and promote true Dhamma, for the benefit of all beings.
Wordy Warfare, trans. M. Walshe:

"Monks, do not wage wordy warfare, saying: 'You don't understand this Dhamma and discipline, I understand this Dhamma and discipline'; 'How could you understand it? You have fallen into wrong practices: I have the right practice'; 'You have said afterwards what you should have said first, and you have said first what you should have said afterwards';[1] 'What I say is consistent, what you say isn't'; 'What you have thought out for so long is entirely reversed'; 'Your statement is refuted'; 'You are talking rubbish!'; 'You are in the wrong'; 'Get out of that if you can!'

"Why should you not do this? Such talk, monks, is not related to the goal, it is not fundamental to the holy life, does not conduce to disenchantment, dispassion, cessation, tranquillity, higher knowledge, enlightenment or to Nibbana. When you have discussions, monks, you should discuss Suffering, the Arising of Suffering, its Cessation, and the Path that leads to its Cessation. Why is that? Because such talk is related to the goal... it conduces to disenchantment... to Nibbana. This is the task you must accomplish."

SN 56.9
Nibbana Sutta, trans. Ven. Thanissaro:

"There is that dimension, monks, where there is neither earth, nor water, nor fire, nor wind; neither dimension of the infinitude of space, nor dimension of the infinitude of consciousness, nor dimension of nothingness, nor dimension of neither perception nor non-perception; neither this world, nor the next world, nor sun, nor moon. And there, I say, there is neither coming, nor going, nor staying; neither passing away nor arising: unestablished,[1] unevolving, without support [mental object].[2] This, just this, is the end of stress."

Udana 8.1
Metta,

Cormac
“I in the present who am a worthy one, rightly self-awakened, am a
teacher of action, a teacher of activity, a teacher of persistence. But the
worthless man Makkhali contradicts even me, (saying,) ‘There is no
action. There is no activity. There is no persistence.’ "
AN 3.138, trans. Ven. Thanissaro
bodom

Post by bodom »

:thumbsup:

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Welcome back!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
The Thinker

Post by The Thinker »

Many thanks :clap:
"Watch your heart, observe. Be the observer, be the knower, not the condition" Ajahn Sumedho volume5 - The Wheel Of Truth
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

David N. Snyder wrote:Welcome back to Paul (retrofuturist) as Admin for Dhamma Wheel!

Paul (retro) has agreed to return as Admin for Dhamma Wheel. Many of you know that he is a co-founder and was quite instrumental, actually the leading figure in the formation of Dhamma Wheel seven and a half years ago.

And much, much thanks to Ben and Tiltbillings for their service as admin and moderators for the past several years. They have worked tirelessly in the formation of this forum too and in moderating duties and worked around the clock getting rid of spammers.

Welcome back, Paul.

Does this mean that Ben and Tilt are standing down?
_/|\_
robertk

Post by robertk »

That is great news for Dhammawheel!
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome back, Paul! :group: :group:

With metta,
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Nicolas wrote:Welcome back, and thanks again to all the moderators for the great and often ungrateful work you do for us!
My words exactly.

Anjali
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Buddha Vacana

Post by Buddha Vacana »

Welcome back, Paul. :hello:
Looking forward to fruitful exchanges on the forums.
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Welcome back, Paul.
Dan74 wrote:Does this mean that Ben and Tilt are standing down?
That appears to be the case. Their usernames are in blue now, indicating "former staff" I believe.

Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Tex

Post by Tex »

Welcome back and thanks to all who keep dhammawheel going.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greeting everyone,

Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to having the opportunity to serve this community once more.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."