Hello all.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Buckwheat

Hello all.

Post by Buckwheat »

Howdy,
I read Siddhartha by Herman Hesse about 12 years ago because my high school English teacher was trying to save me from a downward spiral. It seems to have worked, because since then I searched lots of religions, settled on Buddhism a while back, and then practiced at a Zen temple for about six months before moving back to Sacramento, California and now I attend a multi-disciplined Buddhist sangha. I have since fallen in love with the Thai Forest tradition as espoused on Access to Insight.

I came to Dhamma Wheel because I have a long range goal of teaching the Dhamma, and I figured this would be good practice for understanding where a person is coming from, helping where I can, and sharing my own path with others. More than anything, I hope to learn some things that I can take to the cushion and turn into calm, wise, love. I'm excited to find this new venue to explore!!

Thanks,
Scott
Sotthī hontu nirantaraṃ - May you forever be well.
retrofuturist

Re: Hello all.

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Scott,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome Scott!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hello:

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:buddha2:
cooran

Post by cooran »

Welcome Scott :group:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
lawphotog

Post by lawphotog »

welcome to the forum

nice to know you

with metta,

laurence
manas

Post by manas »

Hi Scott, and welcome!
Buckwheat wrote: I have since fallen in love with the Thai Forest tradition as espoused on Access to Insight.
I can relate to that, as that particular site has helped me more than any other (apart from here, of course).

metta
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
Buckwheat

Post by Buckwheat »

Thanks, everybody. I am really enjoying this forum. Seems like a great vibe, and all participants should take pride in it.
Sotthī hontu nirantaraṃ - May you forever be well.