MEDITATE.

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Jarmika

MEDITATE.

Post by Jarmika »

retrofuturist

Re: MEDITATE.

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Jarmika,

That's good advice. Maybe if I had, I wouldn't have been awake from midnight until 3am last night! Too many things on my mind... I'm moving house this weekend.

:shock:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Thanks for sharing the great message (incl. a picture). Hopefully I get not to much attached to the picture so that it would disturb my evening meditation. So holy. :tongue:
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
xtracorrupt

Post by xtracorrupt »

Always try and meditate, always try and keep a wholesome mind
theres is no need for needing
acinteyyo

Post by acinteyyo »

No, try not! Do or do not! There is non try. - Yoda
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.