note of thanks

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Sanjay PS

note of thanks

Post by Sanjay PS »

This body and mind is impermanent , both while strong and healthy , and while sick and dying .

What comes next , one is not sure , hence , i take this opportunity in expressing my great gratitude to DW forum in bringing together like minded people, in exchanging cordiality and learning , which has remained in the past , remains in the present and will remain in the future , the essence and spirit of Dhamma .

While some have hit hard , some soft , some supported , some quiet and some aloof , the metta , the good will , and the generous wishes has been a common denominator in the few exchanges that i have had in Dhamma Wheel . There are many noble and evolved people in this forum , it was a privilege in going through their posts , my admiration and inspiration in their wisdom helped my kindergarten of learning . Dhamma , indeed is a long path , a highway to Nibbana that leads by way of knowing in letting go, in even the learning .

I request forgiveness , should my experiences and understanding , rubbed the other way . They were unintentional and unknowing . If any of my thoughts escaped cordiality and good will , and seemed intentional and knowing , i seek forgiveness .

Just as we would not like to harm and hurt ourselves , may we also not harm and hurt others . For the good of many , for the benefit of many , may we all grow and glow in Dhamma , nourished on by the unmatched milk of kindness.
The Path of Dhamma

The path of Dhamma is no picnic . It is a strenuous march steeply up the hill . If all the comrades desert you , Walk alone ! Walk alone ! with all the Thrill !!

U S.N. Goenka
SarathW

Re: note of thanks

Post by SarathW »

:twothumbsup:
Hi Sanjay
Please to see that you see some value in Dhamma Wheel community.
I call Dhamma Wheel "My virtual temple"
:)
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

:anjali:
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
sattva

Post by sattva »

Today, in the USA, it is Thanksgiving Day, seems appropriate to give thanks for all the wonderful people and things in our life, like Dhamma Wheel!

I saw this awhile back and thought I would share it.
Attachments
10299195_10152095285790669_8389652408562858541_n (439x437) (2) (200x199).jpg
10299195_10152095285790669_8389652408562858541_n (439x437) (2) (200x199).jpg (68.06 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
Ben

Post by Ben »

“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..