Buddhist wallpaper dump

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
poto

Buddhist wallpaper dump

Post by poto »

I've had a bit of a hard time finding high resolution Buddhist themed wallpapers, so I thought I'd dump what I have.

All images should be 1280x1024 or higher and suitable for a wallpaper. Might be an occasional smaller one and a rare duplicate that found their way in, please don't complain. Might be a few that are just landscapes in there too. Wallpapers are from a bunch of different Buddhist traditions, some are Theravadin, Zen, Tibetan, etc.

download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ILF8KIQR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mirror:
http://rapidshare.com/files/307097291/b ... s.rar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All copyrights to their respective owners. If these links die, let me know and I'll fix it.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis
BlackBird

Re: Buddhist wallpaper dump

Post by BlackBird »

thank you, very much Poto
:anjali:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
A Medic

Post by A Medic »

Sweet. I'll check it out.
Lombardi4

Post by Lombardi4 »

LauraJ

Post by LauraJ »

Thanks a lot :)
Dharma Wheel
Buddha Blog

Conquer the angry man by love. Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness. Conquer the miser with generosity. Conquer the liar with truth. -The Dhammapada
poto

Post by poto »

I'm glad y'all enjoyed them. :)

Stefan, thanks for your contributions.

btw, if anybody wants some specific wallpaper edited or resized, let me know. I'm not as talented as a graphic designer, but I can do a few minor things with photoshop.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C. S. Lewis
zavk

Post by zavk »

Thanks Poto.

Here's one that I like a lot: http://www.mandolux.com/archive/2005/0102.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thumbnail here:

I like how the Buddha rupa has signs of aging and decay on it.
With metta,
zavk
Thales

Post by Thales »

"Just as the ocean has a single taste, the taste of salt, so this Dhamma and Discipline has a single taste, the taste of release."

~Ud 5.5
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

wow stefan ty those are beautiful :)
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig