Hi, Danish Theravade Buddhist . .

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
jbrooks79

Hi, Danish Theravade Buddhist . .

Post by jbrooks79 »

Hi, I'm a Danish Buddhist reader, studied Theravada Buddhism for twenty years now, read a bunch of stuff, Dhammapada, the ' Power of Mindfulness ', other stuff, on buddhanet.net, and generally like Buddhism, find it nice, amazing . .

I currently make video games, as a hobby, and I want to make a game about enlightenment . .

I've meditated a lot, and use various prayer beads, to help in . .

I've also meditated on the law of karma, in deep meditation, and I believe it's true, ' works ' . . :)
jbrooks79

Re: Hi, Danish Theravade Buddhist . .

Post by jbrooks79 »

I have had very bad PTSD, and used Buddhism to survive it . . I made some charts, based on mindfulness, about what it did, and I used meditation, and Buddhist reflection to beat it, make it through . . This is sort of mindfulness ' picture ', of what hard PTSD did to me, after a war, that was illegal . .

jbrooks79

Post by jbrooks79 »

When I followed the teachings of the Buddha, to overcome bad karma, I got better, felt better . . That's my story, my life . .

Has Buddhism ever done something grand, for you, something big, like saving your life, from mental problems, suffering, etc etc . .

<3

It took me a long time to realize the Iraq war was illegal, I didn't follow the news, so it's been a harsh awakening, to realize it . . In the end, Buddhist teachings saved me from it, essentially . . It kept my ' soul ' alive, or ' citta ', during all this . . I am grateful . . .
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

jbrooks79 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 am I currently make video games, as a hobby, and I want to make a game about enlightenment . .
I've meditated a lot, and use various prayer beads, to help in . .
I've also meditated on the law of karma, in deep meditation, and I believe it's true, ' works ' . . :)
:thumbsup:
jbrooks79

Post by jbrooks79 »

Thanks, Good times . .:)
jbrooks79

Post by jbrooks79 »

Twenty years ago, I was punched in the head at martial arts, in Aalborg, Denmark, and I heard a voice, shouting at me, ' I Am evil ', I fell back and, when I hit the wood floor, I heard some glass, or mirror break . . I looked up, and saw black, writhing snakes on my stomach, ' in ' it, and then I blinked, it was gone . . It lasted two seconds . .

After that, I became very religious, and studied Buddhism for 12 years, until I got lonely studying on my own, and some Buddhists recommended I join a Church instead, for religious company, support . . That's when I started saying the Rosary, and developed one of my own, over time . . Now I found this website, and I also learnt a lot from buddhanet.net on my own, in the first twelve years, reading Dhammapada in the hospital, because the voice made me sick, playing games, saw movies . .

I focused mainly on mindfulness, and over time starting meditating on lying, how it affected the mind . . Whenever I told a white lie, intentionally, I would meditate afterwards, on my mind, and it unsettled me, disturbed . . I knew the law of karma was true, on my own, because the Buddha's teachings had led me there, after much mindfulness . .

After the Iraq war, I had a massive spiritual breakdown, and I made the chart above, in mindfulness, to show how it felt . . I used Buddhist principles to study it, how to lessen it, and I survived . . In all, it was one of the worst experiences of my life, regardless of what the politicians said, or lied about, it was bad karma, sin . . In the end, the teachings of the Buddha, and the rosary saved me, but now I see Buddhists use Malas, and I am keen to start saying the prayers of the Buddha, the Three Jewels, 108 times, while meditating on Buddha, his teachings . . I combined the rosary with meditations on virtues, since the Buddha taught that, to meditate in his 32 virtues, and made my own rosary, and it saved my life, my soul . .

But, now I really want to get back to Theravada Buddhism, and try to get better at it, since I found it saved my life, and I need the insurance, the protection . .

I can't wait to see what comes next, if there are some nice Buddhists here, I'm from Denmark, a bad nation, it seems . . But, I kept the faith, and focused on the Buddha, that saved me . . That's my story, what about you, why are you here, what's up . .
jbrooks79

Post by jbrooks79 »

My doctor was bad . .
Last edited by jbrooks79 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB