Is Cannabis oil available in pharmcy in Thailand?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
polo

Is Cannabis oil available in pharmcy in Thailand?

Post by polo »

I am having pains from my hemorrhoids and I intend to use cannabis oil. I will be arriving in Thailand on the 26 Feb., 2020.
I read in the paper that in Thailand cannabis oil is now available in pharmacy. Is this true?
I need it badly. The pain is sometimes very bad.
Anyone on this forum know? Thanks
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Is Cannabis oil available in pharmcy in Thailand?

Post by DNS »

I don't know about the availability of cannabis there, but just wanted to mention or recommend getting treated for the hemorrhoids. See a doctor or clinic about that. It is typically from chronic constipation. Foods high in fat and too much protein tend to cause constipation.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Drinking a cup of hot water with lemon juice in the mornings and/or evenings and also taking a teaspoonful of olive oil or rapeseed oil before meals can help with constipation.
polo

Post by polo »

DNS wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:12 pm I don't know about the availability of cannabis there, but just wanted to mention or recommend getting treated for the hemorrhoids. See a doctor or clinic about that. It is typically from chronic constipation. Foods high in fat and too much protein tend to cause constipation.
Too many cooks spoil the broth, too many doctors kill the patient. Oh, I am just joking. Yes, I am eating a lot less meat and fat since i have this problem. My problem must be due to old age.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Preparation H, my friend ... preparation H.

Works like a charm
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Aloka wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:53 pm Drinking a cup of hot water with lemon juice in the mornings and/or evenings and also taking a teaspoonful of olive oil or rapeseed oil before meals can help with constipation.
:twothumbsup:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
polaris

Post by polaris »

Pondera wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:26 pm Preparation H, my friend ... preparation H.

Works like a charm
It may works like a charm. But just saying preparation H is not doing any good at all.
What exactly is prepartion H? A cream a lotion or Herbal ? You need to let me know where
do I buy it and pharmacy has them ? Or I need a prescription?
I am waiting for your reply.
My pain in the behind is still there,it comes on and off. So please hurry with your reply,metta.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

polaris wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:46 am
Pondera wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:26 pm Preparation H, my friend ... preparation H.

Works like a charm
It may works like a charm. But just saying preparation H is not doing any good at all.
What exactly is prepartion H? A cream a lotion or Herbal ? You need to let me know where
My pain in the behind is still there,it comes on and off. So please hurry with your reply,metta.
Preparation H is a cream. I’ll be downright truthful with you - it has an applicator, but the best way is the direct way. Ie. put a bit on your finger and go for a dive ;)

Now. I don’t know what it’s ingredients are. But I would simply ask the pharmacist. It will be in the isle. No prescription needed.

Don’t be shy. If you live in North America, it will be there. Or try amazon. I’m sure you can get it there to.

hemorrhoids come in a couple of forms. There’s the internal one - which I suffer from occasionally. And then there’s “piles” - the ones that appear around the butt-hole.

Either way, they can be frustrating and uncomfortable. Mine flares up once every four years I’d say. I’ve used preparation-H every time and it goes away in a couple of weeks with consistent, daily application.

But I’ve never had the external ones. So, maybe someone else can speak to that particular malady.

I’ve heard that you can get external piles removed surgically. You may want to consider that if creams don’t work.

Short version. No prescription needed. Ask the pharmacist. Widely available in N. America. Works like a freaking charm!
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
polaris

Post by polaris »

Pondera wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:56 am

Works like a charm
Preparation H is a cream. I’ll be downright truthful with you - it has an applicator, but the best way is the direct way. Ie. put a bit on your finger and go for a dive ;)

Now. I don’t know what it’s ingredients are. But I would simply ask the pharmacist. It will be in the isle. No prescription needed.

Don’t be shy. If you live in North America, it will be there. Or try amazon. I’m sure you can get it there to.

hemorrhoids come in a couple of forms. There’s the internal one - which I suffer from occasionally. And then there’s “piles” - the ones that appear around the butt-hole.

Either way, they can be frustrating and uncomfortable. Mine flares up once every four years I’d say. I’ve used preparation-H every time and it goes away in a couple of weeks with consistent, daily application.

But I’ve never had the external ones. So, maybe someone else can speak to that particular malady.

I’ve heard that you can get external piles removed surgically. You may want to consider that if creams don’t work.

Short version. No prescription needed. Ask the pharmacist. Widely available in N. America. Works like a freaking charm!
Thank you for your early reply . I am now living in Thailand and will be here for quite a while. I am Malaysian and I doubt Malaysia pharmacy has this preparation H. In Thailand I doubt even more that they have Preparation H. I may be wrong but I do believe pharmacy in 3rd world countries promote medicine that the suppliers give them the highest commission. Corruption is an institution in many 3rd world countries. A tourist once asked me, "Is there corruption in Malaysia?" I said,"Corruption is an institution in Malaysia " The tourist looking at me with mouth wide open.
I will go and ask soon. Hopefully . I give myself 10 percent chances of getting this cream that you said work like miracle. I am sure it's a good thing for my hemorrhoids. ( it's external just 2 small ones but a time they shrink and appear to heal then they flare up again.) I have reduced my meat consumption as well as fat to very low and I take multi-vitamins to make up the B12 .
2019 was a bad year for me because 3 maladies came at me almost at same time. I had blood in my stool, the whole toilet bowl was red I was shocked. After I ate a lot homemde Kimchi they stop and there is at times traces of blood. I don't understand why Kimchi was so effective. Then I have this pain from the hemorrhoids and also same time I have IBS. Imagine how busy I was dealing with all these problems.
I am lucky because I manage to control my IBS . I never knew IBS was such an embarassing malady. You map out where the toilets are when you go out shopping because you need to run there quick. I ate a lot of veggie and fibre foods so it helps and avoid a lot of foods that I normally ate. My diet is so tasteless now but then it is healthy so I mentally prepared myself to eat for healing my bowel.
Once again thank you for your information on Preparation H.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

polaris wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:05 pm
Pondera wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:56 am

Thank you for your early reply . I am now living in Thailand and will be here for quite a while. I am Malaysian and I doubt Malaysia pharmacy has this preparation H. In Thailand I doubt even more that they have Preparation H. I may be wrong but I do believe pharmacy in 3rd world countries promote medicine that the suppliers give them the highest commission. Corruption is an institution in many 3rd world countries. A tourist once asked me, "Is there corruption in Malaysia?" I said,"Corruption is an institution in Malaysia " The tourist looking at me with mouth wide open.
I will go and ask soon. Hopefully . I give myself 10 percent chances of getting this cream that you said work like miracle. I am sure it's a good thing for my hemorrhoids. ( it's external just 2 small ones but a time they shrink and appear to heal then they flare up again.) I have reduced my meat consumption as well as fat to very low and I take multi-vitamins to make up the B12 .
2019 was a bad year for me because 3 maladies came at me almost at same time. I had blood in my stool, the whole toilet bowl was red I was shocked. After I ate a lot homemde Kimchi they stop and there is at times traces of blood. I don't understand why Kimchi was so effective. Then I have this pain from the hemorrhoids and also same time I have IBS. Imagine how busy I was dealing with all these problems.
I am lucky because I manage to control my IBS . I never knew IBS was such an embarassing malady. You map out where the toilets are when you go out shopping because you need to run there quick. I ate a lot of veggie and fibre foods so it helps and avoid a lot of foods that I normally ate. My diet is so tasteless now but then it is healthy so I mentally prepared myself to eat for healing my bowel.
Once again thank you for your information on Preparation H.
Well. You’re welcome. And thank you for opening up the stigma about those nasty little things.

I wish you the very best. I’m sorry to hear about pharmaceutical corruption in your area.

I haven’t personally checked, but I wouldn’t be surprised if amazon carries the product.

Cheers
Justsit

Post by Justsit »

There is a native American plant called witch hazel, which is an astringent. It causes swollen tissues to shrink, and is often used in the US for hemorrhoids. Use the pre-soaked pads or just put some on a piece of cotton or soft cloth and apply to the painful areas. Works very well on internal and external.

I checked online re: availability in pharmacies in Thailand, and found this website [http://www.thayersthailand.com/th/. If you prefer the English translation, just click in the upper right corner on the American flag. I'm guessing if they have a website in Thai, they probably have the product in Thailand. Maybe you can find some?
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

polaris wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:05 pmIn Thailand I doubt even more that they have Preparation H.
I've often seen it in the medical stores of Thai monasteries, which means it's probably quite readily available – the sort of thing that you could buy at Boots.
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
polaris

Post by polaris »

Justsit wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:11 pm There is a native American plant called witch hazel, which is an astringent. It causes swollen tissues to shrink, and is often used in the US for hemorrhoids. Use the pre-soaked pads or just put some on a piece of cotton or soft cloth and apply to the painful areas. Works very well on internal and external.

I checked online re: availability in pharmacies in Thailand, and found this website [http://www.thayersthailand.com/th/. If you prefer the English translation, just click in the upper right corner on the American flag. I'm guessing if they have a website in Thai, they probably have the product in Thailand. Maybe you can find some?
Thank you Justsit,very kind of you. I will try and ask the pharmacy if they have . If anything good comes out of it I will post it here on this forum. Metta
polaris

Post by polaris »

Dhammanando wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:57 am
polaris wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:05 pmIn Thailand I doubt even more that they have Preparation H.
I've often seen it in the medical stores of Thai monasteries, which means it's probably quite readily available – the sort of thing that you could buy at Boots.
I remember I saw Boots pharmacy in Chiang Mai. I just try to find Boots pharmacy in Bangkok because I am now stuck in Bangkok with the lockdown. The general (mr chan o cha) said , "you aren't going anywhere, just enjoy your holidays in your guesthouse ".
Thank you Dhammanando for the informations. Metta
polaris

Post by polaris »

Justsit wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:11 pm There is a native American plant called witch hazel, which is an astringent. It causes swollen tissues to shrink, and is often used in the US for hemorrhoids. Use the pre-soaked pads or just put some on a piece of cotton or soft cloth and apply to the painful areas. Works very well on internal and external.

Hey Justsit,that photo is good. I will just show that photo on my phone . I hope it's not too expensive.. Thanks for the wonderful photo. Metta