Fund raising for buddhist Monk without lodgings.

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
Mr Man

Re: Fund raising for buddhist Monk without lodgings.

Post by Mr Man »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:36 am I don't believe anyone is actually doing that. Just as the Buddha spoke of suitable localities for a monk, it appears that the monk's current locality is too degenerate to provide suitable support for a properly practicing bhikkhu. If he needs a bus fare to somewhere less degenerate, I would be happy to chip in a few bucks (assuming that the site taking the transaction did not apply ludicrous fees for exchange rates etc., as some do) but would not do so, simply to keep him housed in the same degenerate locality.

Where is the monks current locality Paul?
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Mr Man,
Mr Man wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:15 am Where is the monks current locality Paul?
This has already been explained in the OP. You can read his words as well as you can read mine.

:thanks:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:21 am Greetings Mr Man,
Mr Man wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:15 am Where is the monks current locality Paul?
This has already been explained in the OP. You can read his words as well as you can read mine.

Metta,
Did you mean California, as a whole, is too degenerate? I would have imagined that California is the state which supports most Theravada monastics.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Mr Man wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:30 am Did you mean California, as a whole, is too degenerate?
That's for the bhikkhu in question to determine - it's his life... it's got nothing to do with me.

:focus:

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:32 am Greetings,
Mr Man wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:30 am Did you mean California, as a whole, is too degenerate?
That's for the bhikkhu in question to determine - it's his life... it's got nothing to do with me.

Metta,
You said it and I am just asking you to clarify your meaning. That's surely not that difficult.

Or if you do not wish things that you say to be questioned you could refrain from saying them.

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Mr. Man,
Mr Man wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:42 am You said it and I am just asking you to clarify your meaning. That's surely not that difficult.
It has already been explained, and I have already explained the criteria in question.
Mr Man wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:42 am Or if you do not wish things that you say to be questioned you could refrain from saying them.
It has been explained. Not that this would stop your sealioning, of course.

Please desist from disruptive meta-discussion.

For a second time...

Metta,
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Further detail on the suitability of lodgings, locales and people etc., courtesy of the Blessed One.
AN 10.54 wrote:‘I say that there are two kinds of lodging: those you should frequent, and those you shouldn’t frequent.’ That’s what I said, but why did I say it? Take a lodging of which you know this: ‘When I frequent this lodging, unskillful qualities grow, and skillful qualities decline.’ You should not frequent that kind of lodging. Take a lodging of which you know this: ‘When I frequent this lodging, unskillful qualities decline, and skillful qualities grow.’ You should frequent that kind of lodging. ‘I say that there are two kinds of lodging: those you should frequent, and those you shouldn’t frequent.’ That’s what I said, and this is why I said it.

‘I say that there are two kinds of market town: those you should frequent, and those you shouldn’t frequent.’ That’s what I said, but why did I say it? Take a market town of which you know this: ‘When I frequent this market town, unskillful qualities grow, and skillful qualities decline.’ You should not frequent that kind of market town. Take a market town of which you know this: ‘When I frequent this market town, unskillful qualities decline, and skillful qualities grow.’ You should frequent that kind of market town. ‘I say that there are two kinds of market town: those you should frequent, and those you shouldn’t frequent.’ That’s what I said, and this is why I said it.

‘I say that there are two kinds of country: those you should frequent, and those you shouldn’t frequent.’ That’s what I said, but why did I say it? Take a country of which you know this: ‘When I frequent this country, unskillful qualities grow, and skillful qualities decline.’ You should not frequent that kind of country. Take a country of which you know this: ‘When I frequent this country, unskillful qualities decline, and skillful qualities grow.’ You should frequent that kind of country. ‘I say that there are two kinds of country: those you should frequent, and those you shouldn’t frequent.’ That’s what I said, and this is why I said it.

‘I say that there are two kinds of people: those you should frequent, and those you shouldn’t frequent.’ That’s what I said, but why did I say it? Take a person of whom you know this: ‘When I frequent this person, unskillful qualities grow, and skillful qualities decline.’ You should not frequent that kind of person. Take a person of whom you know this: ‘When I frequent this person, unskillful qualities decline, and skillful qualities grow.’ You should frequent that kind of person. ‘I say that there are two kinds of people: those you should frequent, and those you shouldn’t frequent.’ That’s what I said, and this is why I said it.”
:buddha1:

Metta,
TamHanhHi

Post by TamHanhHi »

Is there a reliable way to contact this monk? I may be able to help.
"Just as a large banyan tree, on level ground where four roads meet, is a haven for the birds all around, even so a lay person of conviction is a haven for many people: monks, nuns, male lay followers, & female lay followers."AN 5.38
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Hi, in forex trading using 10 euros, i made 50 euros profit in morning in just 3 hrs just to spend on something like ebooks but just realized since i have money now, I would like to donate to the website. Do they accept skrill wallet? or netteller waller? money is there in wallet.
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
mirco

Post by mirco »

Hi, everyone!

Candana Bhikkhu now is living at the Dharma Nikethanaya Vihara in Milano, Italy.

Here you can listen to his Dhamma talks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgEw96 ... gfLZuwwB9A

The weekly class continues at Zoom: 2x1 hour meditation followed by ~1 hour talk, incl. Q&A. Join/leave at any time. Every Saturday, 8:30am Pacific time. (4:30pm GMT, 17:30 CEST, 21:00 IST, 10:30pm WIB), Link: https://uclahs.zoom.us/j/275044644?pwd=Meditation, Meeting-ID: 275044644 ask for password

There also will be a book by him, soon.

With Metta,
Mirco
Garrib

Post by Garrib »

mirco wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:34 pm Hi, everyone!

Candana Bhikkhu now is living at the Dharma Nikethanaya Vihara in Milano, Italy.

Here you can listen to his Dhamma talks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgEw96 ... gfLZuwwB9A

The weekly class continues at Zoom: 2x1 hour meditation followed by ~1 hour talk, incl. Q&A. Join/leave at any time. Every Saturday, 8:30am Pacific time. (4:30pm GMT, 17:30 CEST, 21:00 IST, 10:30pm WIB), Link: https://uclahs.zoom.us/j/275044644?pwd=Meditation, Meeting-ID: 275044644 Password: "Meditation" with capital M.

There also will be a book by him, soon.

With Metta,
Mirco
Very good!