buying/using gun

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
DooDoot

Re: buying/using gun

Post by DooDoot »

confusedlayman wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:30 pm But jesus is not bodhisattva he was a puthujana ...
in the Pali suttas, the term 'bodhisatta' refers to an unenlightened puthujjana. in other words, both jesus and all bodhisattva are puthujjana
confusedlayman wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:30 pmby the way thanks for suggesting me a activity to do in free time if i go there after final confirmation
you are welcome. it appears you, SteRo, Jesus and Bodhisatva share the same characteristic. the buddha said:
Cunda, it is impossible that one who is himself sunk in the mire should pull out another who is sunk in the mire.

MN 8
i hope you going to Israel to learn computing or electronic surveillance. but if you are going to the land of self-tribal-cherishing to learn the amoral Mahayana, that is a strange thing i have ever heard :mrgreen:
Last edited by DooDoot on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
bodom

Post by bodom »

Mr Man wrote:I wouldn't take the exceptions to the rule as an endorsement of violent self-defence.
Whose doing that?

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

confusedlayman wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:36 am after covid, i might be going to some country like israel and live for sometime where all citizens are recommended to own their own gun ..
Its not wise to go to a country if you have wrong views about that country, its culture, its laws and its people.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

perkele

Post by perkele »

DooDoot wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:29 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:36 am after covid, i might be going to some country like israel and live for sometime where all citizens are recommended to own their own gun ..
Its not wise to go to a country if you have wrong views about that country, its culture, its laws and its people.
But how could he better gain right views about that country, its culture, its laws and people, than by going to that country?
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

I found these images when I was a monk, and thought they were interesting and provocative.
1597708034504.jpg
1597708002996.jpg
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

perkele wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:43 pm But how could he better gain right views about that country, its culture, its laws and people, than by going to that country?
Research the internet about Israel gun ownership. Before you travel to any foreign country, you should research many things.

[james]

Post by [james] »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:52 pm I found these images when I was a monk, and thought they were interesting and provocative.
No doubt, for some, owning, carrying, using a weapon calms the mind.
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

DooDoot wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:51 pm if you are going to the land of self-tribal-cherishing to learn the amoral Mahayana, that is a strange thing i have ever heard :mrgreen:
What is it amoral that you are referring to ?
You always gain by giving
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

Well I'm joining the army reserve so my karma will only go downhill from here.🙄
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

bodom wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:55 pm
Mr Man wrote:I wouldn't take the exceptions to the rule as an endorsement of violent self-defence.
Whose doing that?

:namaste:
I don't know but in my opinion it isn't.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

sentinel wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:25 am What is it amoral that you are referring to ?
Non-conceptuality. Non-duality. Suspending judgments of 'good' & 'evil'. Attempting to abandon thought rather than abandoning craving.

sentinel

Post by sentinel »

DooDoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:17 am
sentinel wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:25 am What is it amoral that you are referring to ?
Non-conceptuality. Non-duality. Suspending judgments of 'good' & 'evil' while engaging in sexual misconduct with naive students. Attempting to abandon thought rather than abandoning craving.
Ah...but that isnt mahayana if i am not mistaken . That was one person having wrong action and affected the whole community . I have known many mahayana practioners whom are very stricts in vinaya though and aims at eliminating defilements . And they do explains that their cultivation establishes on learning the four noble truth and eight fold path as their foundation . However , i hope this is not to mix up with Theravada position in explaining the Buddha teachings in its entirety .
Anyway , i am not going to fall into wrong speech mocking at people as i gradually understand the dhamma now .

Thanks
You always gain by giving
Bimbisara

Post by Bimbisara »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:35 pm From our inalienable human rights.
Let's agree that it's our inalienable human right to have access to breathable air. And yet industrial pollution exist, and people die of it.

I suspect that reification of human concepts is no match against reality, sorry.
Bimbisara

Post by Bimbisara »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:52 pm I found these images when I was a monk, and thought they were interesting and provocative.
Two additional slogans in what I think is a similar vein:

"SHOUTING: A LOUDER WAY TO BE QUIET."

"Beef: It's made of vegetables, so it's vegan friendly!"
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Bimbisara wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:08 pm
Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:35 pm From our inalienable human rights.
Let's agree that it's our inalienable human right to have access to breathable air. And yet industrial pollution exist, and people die of it.

I suspect that reification of human concepts is no match against reality, sorry.
Breathable air isn't a human right, nor is food or water.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”