Life on Earth a Simulation.Is Nibbanna a glitch in the matrix?

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Akashad

Life on Earth a Simulation.Is Nibbanna a glitch in the matrix?

Post by Akashad »

Hello,

I have posted an account of my prebirth experience or prebirth memory PBE.

Long story short I was born with memories of before birth.This I always had before any input from any religion.my whole family knows I can remember before i was born because they've heard me yap about it since I was a toddler. They look at me with a mix of indifference and curb your enthusiasm nobody cares attitude.

Anyways there are thousands of us who remember and because we recognize each others memories as our own.I am not sure whether we share similar experiences or we were all ONE when we experienced it.Because their memories are so similar,to the point that it was my memory their talking about so were we the same being??Like did our consciousness split??There's definitely a collective consciousness happening at some level as I can't really seperate my memory from theirs until it comes to the lower level of choosing parents etc.I feel like a separation must have occured the further we are from the Source and develop our own individuality.

Certain words or phrases they use feels like only someone who has this experience would use that word or phrase.

They use phrases like:

I came from the All That Is
The Always Have Been
From The No Beginning and No Ending

Me personally would say I came from the that That Is.

So it's very similar language that I know makes no sense to a lot of peoole reading it but to me bring back memories of a time or place of something primordial.Something about an empty universe.

I never gave this primordial memory much thought because I couldn't fit it chronologically the only comfort i have is knowing it was real because it's not a wispy memory it just seems to happen at a very long time ago that causes me a lot exhaustion when I dwell on it too long.

I remember a time or place where there was no individual I or me.Think about the big bang.Like that kind of place.The universe.Or think about the Creation of the World and God floating over the empty water.why was there water in empty space.Its that type of very primordial memory.

It was just "being " (verb) as in A Just There.

This Just there..has Always been Just there...

It's like you were Always Just There but now only came to realise that you were Just There.

I'm sorry it's so confusing to describe.

If I would draw this in a painting it would be a painting of a universe so star and galaxies and in the middle there's this stream of invisible water in outer space going through and you couldn't see its beginning or ending because there is none.again why would i combine water with space.But that impression is strong.

It is The Is.

This is where I came from.

So already my Buddhist mind is scrambling to think what on earth realm is this place.

Like where is The Is located in the 31 realms of existence.

Ofcourse i know it's a higher realm and I know it's not the deva realms because we didnt have physical bodies.We were like orbs of light or fields of energy or semi humanoid that communicated telepathically.

Also a lot of references to God or the gods.It confused me as a kid because when I think of God I think of plurality.

There were many gods and even if there was one God it gave all of us the impression that when it spoke it was the voice of a lot of gods speaking as One.We can feel each others emotions,feelings it was fluid like I am you and you are me.I think that's where all the unconditional love comes from.Simply because were ONE.

But this gave me a clue as to what this realm is.I know people think oh they're just affected by their christian or Muslim religion thats why their bringing God into the picture .No I REMEMBER God was definitly in the picture.I am not even a believer or religious but there is Such a Being.There is a God or Gods.But their not the Creator of the universe.They do radiate warmth and unconditional love but they also urge you to take rebirth on earth which some of us were quite terrified about.I wasnt upset but more like oh let's get this over and done with quickly.Life on earth is so fast for us.

it's a realm where A God being lives in.

One such person who remember remembers seeing us all come out from the mouth of Brahma.He actually used the word Brahma.lol.Like we were shattered pieces from Brahma consciousness.So we're we all part of Great Brahma???

I know you cant be reborn in the brahma realms without jhana but I wasnt even a buddhist when I first started practicing meditation and i got concentrated very quickly.So my mind stream must be familiar with that mind state.Meditation especially samadhi just feels like going home to me.Going back to the Source.Its my home.

It's where I've spent aeons in.or a forever in.

I look at it the same way an alien trapped on earth would look up to the sky and describe his home planet.

I know a lot of people say let go,move on everything is impermanent.Vippasanna.

But that's cause they only have 30-80 years worth of memories where people who can remember spending a very long time like atleast have a strong impression of what 1 forever feels like and it's so exhausting that I dont even allow myself to fully experience the feeling. some people can remember numerous past lives tracing back to the creation of this universe but past lives is not what we are concerned about its the returning to this brahmin or space like realm over and over again.Its so much harder for us to just let go and move on we have loved ones in this realm and it's a brahma realm so you can imagine the amount of "souls' or beings there who mean you well and radiate unconditional love to you.Its very difficult to let go.They truly radiate a warmth of love you will not find on earth.If people cant even let go of their friends and families who were mean to them when they die here on earth just imagine how much harder it is for us having spent a lot of rebirths with loving beings.

When I lost consciousness (losing blood,theatre,operation table,NDE) they came so even though buddhist are taught to believe that gods dont really visit earth they have their own lives,they sure will if your their familiars,tribe or they know you.They loved you unconditionally even when your a human in a pathetic state and dont recognise them the look on their face like pure I wish you the Best but at the same time the other gods (they travel in groups of five) are like Be quiet! don't say anything!They clearly dont want to wake me up or reveal anything.They just look at me the same way you look at a sick relative but not wanting to wake them up.They looked like they were biting their tongues not to say what they really want to say but then just accepted it , surrendered to the universe and left.

These guides or gods tell us we will return to this realm after death.Pepole who remember several lives always return to this realm.I remember after my past life going to this realm.

But what if your death was awful? Wont you go to a lower realm?

It did not matter I died in the middle of the street,another person died by suicide and you'd think that our mind would be all over the place with panic and fear but it was engulfed in peace,contentment and bliss and that's what brought me to this realm.

The power of wholesomeness that engulfed us was like the entire ocean sitting on us so theres not much hope for panic and fear or negative thoughts to arise even though our death was awful.The mind will turn to whatever takes precedence.

It's not much the manner of our death but I guess the accumulation of karma that seemed to engulf us at the last moment of death with bliss and contentment that brings us to this place.

That underlying warmth is my baseline and probably has been for the past aeon so this explains why we keep returning to this realm.Maybe it's not permanent but it lasts aeons we cant remember a time we did not return here.

My question is why do we keep returning to this realm?

A realm where we can consciously choose our rebirth for the purpose of developing I think 35 divine qualities such as compassion,empathy,resilience etc.Everytime we die we return there to that higher realm.

We choose our parents,locations,circumstances we plan all our sufferings.Not everything is planned but major ones are.When we deviate a god from this realm will transform into a human and guide us back or just pop/whisper ideas into our head.

How on earth are we consciously entering wombs and consciously being born consciously choosing parents consciously choosing births consciously dying etc.and returning to this higher realm.Most of us can remember.

Life on earth seems to be a simulation for us we're just taking turns choosing every suffering imaginable not all at once but little by little building up our stamina coming back here to rest then doing it again.all in the name of developing these divine qualities.

For example Buddhists say you cant choose your rebirth, karma just chooses for you.I understand all of us also have limited options for example I had two lives I could choose from,but I chose this life.so it's not like we could choose anything we could only make do with which conditions were ripe at the time that we were there.

I remember going through a reviewing process like a screening like in the theatre where I saw my current life or future life at that time.I saw the template.I saw how I would look like.

it reviewed the plan for this life.And I saw myself get into a horrific accident (it truly was horrific when it happened I was dragged on road rugged sharp gravel road,my skin was hanging loose you could wrap it around me like a scarf i was basically skinned alive but I felt nothing but peace even bliss). I saw this before i was born.This coincides with other people who report choosing the different suffering that would take place and seeing the life they will be reborn into.

We are consciously choosing these sufferings so that we can react to it wholesomelly and get extra brownie points for developing divine qualities.

Why...

??

What is the real glitch...the dhamma coming to show me that there is another way...

Or that earth and all its religion including buddhism is the matrix and this realm is the real Truth.

Why the hell are beings consciously choosing to suffer over and over again.We all can remember to some extend previous lives but their so miniscule I can't even be bothered to stay and listen to a dhamma talk about past lives let alone listen to heated arguments with monastic (has happened ) about why it's not necessary to believe in past lives as a Buddhist.like dude I wasnt even a buddhist in my past life and I had to deal with past lives.rebirths gonna happen like rains gonna fall regardless if your buddhist, christian or hindu.

The real question for people like me with PBE is not previous lives but why on earth are do we keep returning to this space like realm and who are these guides/gods and why do we keep returning here to choose more rebirth filled with suffering to get more divine qualities.

Were we Brahma? and we just split into differently souls or expression i feel so exhausted.

What is the purpose?

Is the Dhamma the glitch that reveals the truth and these realms with gods and guides part of the matrix?

Or

Or is the gods and guides and this realm the Truth,the glitch that reveals the truth and the dhamma with its 31 planes of existence and buddhism part of the matrix?

Thank you.

I posted a few peoples accounts of prebirth experiences PBE just in case people thinking I'm making this phenomenon up please read the comments too a lot of people remember no joke..One of them The Remember can remember numerous lives there are people who can remember multiple lives it's not just him and this is without meditation so spontaneous memory.

Just like my memory are spontaneous.But i cant remember that far or anything past my most recent previous life.None of us seem to be focused on our previous life mostly focusing on this intermediate realm and what our purpose or mission is.

Make me confused about this life,

Should I focus on Nibanna or developing my soul mission or divine qualities.Every part of my being tells me I need to be developing these divine qualities.I dont know what is true anymore.

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

Start at 7.40 for the below video for PBE
[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

confusedlayman

Re: Life on Earth a Simulation.Is Nibbanna a glitch in the matrix?

Post by confusedlayman »

Akashad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:12 pm Hello,

I have posted an account of my prebirth experience or prebirth memory PBE.

Long story short I was born with memories of before birth.This I always had before any input from any religion.my whole family knows I can remember before i was born because they've heard me yap about it since I was a toddler. They look at me with a mix of indifference and curb your enthusiasm nobody cares attitude.

Anyways there are thousands of us who remember and because we recognize each others memories as our own.I am not sure whether we share similar experiences or we were all ONE when we experienced it.Because their memories are so similar,to the point that it was my memory their talking about so were we the same being??Like did our consciousness split??There's definitely a collective consciousness happening at some level as I can't really seperate my memory from theirs until it comes to the lower level of choosing parents etc.I feel like a separation must have occured the further we are from the Source and develop our own individuality.

Certain words or phrases they use feels like only someone who has this experience would use that word or phrase.

They use phrases like:

I came from the All That Is
The Always Have Been
From The No Beginning and No Ending

Me personally would say I came from the that That Is.

So it's very similar language that I know makes no sense to a lot of peoole reading it but to me bring back memories of a time or place of something primordial.Something about an empty universe.

I never gave this primordial memory much thought because I couldn't fit it chronologically the only comfort i have is knowing it was real because it's not a wispy memory it just seems to happen at a very long time ago that causes me a lot exhaustion when I dwell on it too long.

I remember a time or place where there was no individual I or me.Think about the big bang.Like that kind of place.The universe.Or think about the Creation of the World and God floating over the empty water.why was there water in empty space.Its that type of very primordial memory.

It was just "being " (verb) as in A Just There.

This Just there..has Always been Just there...

It's like you were Always Just There but now only came to realise that you were Just There.

I'm sorry it's so confusing to describe.

If I would draw this in a painting it would be a painting of a universe so star and galaxies and in the middle there's this stream of invisible water in outer space going through and you couldn't see its beginning or ending because there is none.again why would i combine water with space.But that impression is strong.

It is The Is.

This is where I came from.

So already my Buddhist mind is scrambling to think what on earth realm is this place.

Like where is The Is located in the 31 realms of existence.

Ofcourse i know it's a higher realm and I know it's not the deva realms because we didnt have physical bodies.We were like orbs of light or fields of energy or semi humanoid that communicated telepathically.

Also a lot of references to God or the gods.It confused me as a kid because when I think of God I think of plurality.

There were many gods and even if there was one God it gave all of us the impression that when it spoke it was the voice of a lot of gods speaking as One.We can feel each others emotions,feelings it was fluid like I am you and you are me.I think that's where all the unconditional love comes from.Simply because were ONE.

But this gave me a clue as to what this realm is.I know people think oh they're just affected by their christian or Muslim religion thats why their bringing God into the picture .No I REMEMBER God was definitly in the picture.I am not even a believer or religious but there is Such a Being.There is a God or Gods.But their not the Creator of the universe.They do radiate warmth and unconditional love but they also urge you to take rebirth on earth which some of us were quite terrified about.I wasnt upset but more like oh let's get this over and done with quickly.Life on earth is so fast for us.

it's a realm where A God being lives in.

One such person who remember remembers seeing us all come out from the mouth of Brahma.He actually used the word Brahma.lol.Like we were shattered pieces from Brahma consciousness.So we're we all part of Great Brahma???

I know you cant be reborn in the brahma realms without jhana but I wasnt even a buddhist when I first started practicing meditation and i got concentrated very quickly.So my mind stream must be familiar with that mind state.Meditation especially samadhi just feels like going home to me.Going back to the Source.Its my home.

It's where I've spent aeons in.or a forever in.

I look at it the same way an alien trapped on earth would look up to the sky and describe his home planet.

I know a lot of people say let go,move on everything is impermanent.Vippasanna.

But that's cause they only have 30-80 years worth of memories where people who can remember spending a very long time like atleast have a strong impression of what 1 forever feels like and it's so exhausting that I dont even allow myself to fully experience the feeling. some people can remember numerous past lives tracing back to the creation of this universe but past lives is not what we are concerned about its the returning to this brahmin or space like realm over and over again.Its so much harder for us to just let go and move on we have loved ones in this realm and it's a brahma realm so you can imagine the amount of "souls' or beings there who mean you well and radiate unconditional love to you.Its very difficult to let go.They truly radiate a warmth of love you will not find on earth.If people cant even let go of their friends and families who were mean to them when they die here on earth just imagine how much harder it is for us having spent a lot of rebirths with loving beings.

When I lost consciousness (losing blood,theatre,operation table,NDE) they came so even though buddhist are taught to believe that gods dont really visit earth they have their own lives,they sure will if your their familiars,tribe or they know you.They loved you unconditionally even when your a human in a pathetic state and dont recognise them the look on their face like pure I wish you the Best but at the same time the other gods (they travel in groups of five) are like Be quiet! don't say anything!They clearly dont want to wake me up or reveal anything.They just look at me the same way you look at a sick relative but not wanting to wake them up.They looked like they were biting their tongues not to say what they really want to say but then just accepted it , surrendered to the universe and left.

These guides or gods tell us we will return to this realm after death.Pepole who remember several lives always return to this realm.I remember after my past life going to this realm.

But what if your death was awful? Wont you go to a lower realm?

It did not matter I died in the middle of the street,another person died by suicide and you'd think that our mind would be all over the place with panic and fear but it was engulfed in peace,contentment and bliss and that's what brought me to this realm.

The power of wholesomeness that engulfed us was like the entire ocean sitting on us so theres not much hope for panic and fear or negative thoughts to arise even though our death was awful.The mind will turn to whatever takes precedence.

It's not much the manner of our death but I guess the accumulation of karma that seemed to engulf us at the last moment of death with bliss and contentment that brings us to this place.

That underlying warmth is my baseline and probably has been for the past aeon so this explains why we keep returning to this realm.Maybe it's not permanent but it lasts aeons we cant remember a time we did not return here.

My question is why do we keep returning to this realm?

A realm where we can consciously choose our rebirth for the purpose of developing I think 35 divine qualities such as compassion,empathy,resilience etc.Everytime we die we return there to that higher realm.

We choose our parents,locations,circumstances we plan all our sufferings.Not everything is planned but major ones are.When we deviate a god from this realm will transform into a human and guide us back or just pop/whisper ideas into our head.

How on earth are we consciously entering wombs and consciously being born consciously choosing parents consciously choosing births consciously dying etc.and returning to this higher realm.Most of us can remember.

Life on earth seems to be a simulation for us we're just taking turns choosing every suffering imaginable not all at once but little by little building up our stamina coming back here to rest then doing it again.all in the name of developing these divine qualities.

For example Buddhists say you cant choose your rebirth, karma just chooses for you.I understand all of us also have limited options for example I had two lives I could choose from,but I chose this life.so it's not like we could choose anything we could only make do with which conditions were ripe at the time that we were there.

I remember going through a reviewing process like a screening like in the theatre where I saw my current life or future life at that time.I saw the template.I saw how I would look like.

it reviewed the plan for this life.And I saw myself get into a horrific accident (it truly was horrific when it happened I was dragged on road rugged sharp gravel road,my skin was hanging loose you could wrap it around me like a scarf i was basically skinned alive but I felt nothing but peace even bliss). I saw this before i was born.This coincides with other people who report choosing the different suffering that would take place and seeing the life they will be reborn into.

We are consciously choosing these sufferings so that we can react to it wholesomelly and get extra brownie points for developing divine qualities.

Why...

??

What is the real glitch...the dhamma coming to show me that there is another way...

Or that earth and all its religion including buddhism is the matrix and this realm is the real Truth.

Why the hell are beings consciously choosing to suffer over and over again.We all can remember to some extend previous lives but their so miniscule I can't even be bothered to stay and listen to a dhamma talk about past lives let alone listen to heated arguments with monastic (has happened ) about why it's not necessary to believe in past lives as a Buddhist.like dude I wasnt even a buddhist in my past life and I had to deal with past lives.rebirths gonna happen like rains gonna fall regardless if your buddhist, christian or hindu.

The real question for people like me with PBE is not previous lives but why on earth are do we keep returning to this space like realm and who are these guides/gods and why do we keep returning here to choose more rebirth filled with suffering to get more divine qualities.

Were we Brahma? and we just split into differently souls or expression i feel so exhausted.

What is the purpose?

Is the Dhamma the glitch that reveals the truth and these realms with gods and guides part of the matrix?

Or

Or is the gods and guides and this realm the Truth,the glitch that reveals the truth and the dhamma with its 31 planes of existence and buddhism part of the matrix?

Thank you.

I posted a few peoples accounts of prebirth experiences PBE just in case people thinking I'm making this phenomenon up please read the comments too a lot of people remember no joke..One of them The Remember can remember numerous lives there are people who can remember multiple lives it's not just him and this is without meditation so spontaneous memory.

Just like my memory are spontaneous.But i cant remember that far or anything past my most recent previous life.None of us seem to be focused on our previous life mostly focusing on this intermediate realm and what our purpose or mission is.

Make me confused about this life,

Should I focus on Nibanna or developing my soul mission or divine qualities.Every part of my being tells me I need to be developing these divine qualities.I dont know what is true anymore.

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

Start at 7.40 for the below video for PBE
[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

u can do unconditinal love even in metta here in this life.

How u validate ur memory is real? If u can enter samadhi easily then try jhana and recollection of past lives.. u will get real answer. Past life remembering will be first person view like reliving same thing again
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

confusedlayman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:45 pm

How u validate ur memory is real? If u can enter samadhi easily then try jhana and recollection of past lives.. u will get real answer. Past life remembering will be first person view like reliving same thing again
Hi,

I am actually not as interested in jhana.My practice seem to revert to things like sila,dana and brahmaviharas.I seem to care more about stuff like this.I know they seem really mundane especially when people hit you with emptiness and 5 aggregates or satipathana sutta but I care more about the basic buddhist trainings.Its where my heart is.

I am also not interested in reviewing past lives that sort of practice will lead quickly to disenchantment or letting go.

I'm on earth on a mission to develop divine qualities so I cant be practicing stuff like that.Anything to do with vipassana I steer clear from.It leads to a serious degree of letting go that I'm afraid I will not care anymore about developing these qualities.

I was meditating a lot and thinking of impermanence a lot and now I can barely let go of this haunting impermanence mark of existence that keeps hounding me and I cant afford to think like that because I have to develop these qualities.I am here for that purpose.Im not here to let go yet.

I also dont think it's a choice I tried practicing anapanasati.And this meditation on it's own can clear your mind enough to perceive the three characteristics to some degree and my life got so difficult like external situations piled up so badly that I was forced to switch to brahmaviharas so I feel like something is blocking me from pursuing any type of serious letting go.i honestly think my karma will run out if I keep pushing it cause I'm not here for that.

Hopefully you can understand my dilemma.🙁
Last edited by Akashad on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

I wouldn't dwell on it. Even if you do have some memories and they are not false or a dream or something otherwise conceived, they might be distorted and you can't be sure. Anyway that existence godly as it were, ended. So what difference is it to you now. I wouldn't start developing any world-views based on that.

People report remembering similar things all the time, just look at the members of scientology, there you can find hundreds if not thousands of people who hold that they remember same events pertaining to that doctrine of genesis and, to them, it seems real and some will probably bet their lives on it.

This is in regards to people remembering the same things. There is suvh thing as confirmation bias and people probably base their views and identity around these things so they become very attached. These experiences by their nature are vague, are loosely defined and thus open to interpretation, so there is just a lot of potential for false confirmation.

I am not invalidating your experience and i am in no position to analyze it but i don't see what the big deal is. According to the Dhamma you have been born a god more times than there are people alive today, so what use is dwelling on the past?
Last edited by User1249x on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Akashad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi,

I am actually not as interested in jhana.My practice seem to revert to things like sila,dana and brahmaviharas.I seem to care more about stuff like this.I know they seem really mundane especially when people hit you with emptiness and 5 aggregates or satipathana sutta but I care more about the basic buddhist trainings.Its where my heart is.

I am also not interested in reviewing past lives that sort of practice will lead quickly to disenchantment or letting go.

I'm on earth on a mission to develop divine qualities so I cant be practicing stuff like that.Anything to do with vipassana I steer clear from.It leads to a serious degree of letting go that I'm afraid I will not care anymore about developing these qualities.

I was meditating a lot and thinking of impermanence a lot and now I can barely let go of this haunting impermanence mark of existence that keeps hounding me and I cant afford to think like that because I have to develop these qualities.I am here for that purpose.Im bot here to let go yet.

ok may u attain whatevrr u wish but make sure mara is not interfering
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

confusedlayman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:58 pm
Akashad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi,

I was meditating a lot and thinking of impermanence a lot and now I can barely let go of this haunting impermanence mark of existence that keeps hounding me and I cant afford to think like that because I have to develop these qualities.I am here for that purpose.Im bot here to let go yet.

ok may u attain whatevrr u wish but make sure mara is not interfering
Thanks I hope you attain the Jhanas too.I really think you will🙏🙏maybe I'll bump into you in the brahma realms.i mean if I make it back that is.😋
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

Akashad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:56 pm I also dont think it's a choice I tried practicing anapanasati.And this meditation on it's own can clear your mind enough to perceive the three characteristics to some degree and my life got so difficult like external situations piled up so badly that I was forced to switch to brahmaviharas so I feel like something is blocking me from pursuing any type of serious letting go.i honestly think my karma will run out if I keep pushing it cause I'm not here for that.

Do you realize that the gods don't develop the brahmaviharas to culmination? Your report of experience with what you call vipassana to me sounds very subjective. Are you sure you were being trained correctly, grasped it correctly, practiced according to your personality type and that the bad corcumstances occured as direct result of that practice? Think about, here you are seemingly saying that insight development leads to bad results... It is like saying i learned how a game works and started getting bad results, which self-contradictory.
Last edited by User1249x on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

User1249x wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:08 pm
Akashad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:56 pm I also dont think it's a choice I tried practicing anapanasati.And this meditation on it's own can clear your mind enough to perceive the three characteristics to some degree and my life got so difficult like external situations piled up so badly that I was forced to switch to brahmaviharas so I feel like something is blocking me from pursuing any type of serious letting go.i honestly think my karma will run out if I keep pushing it cause I'm not here for that.

Do you realize that the gods don't develop the brahmaviharas to culmination? Your report of experience with what you call vipassana to me sounds very subjective. Are you sure you were being trained correctly, grasped it correctly, practiced according to your personality type and that the bad corcumstances occured as direct result of that practice? Think about, here you are seemingly saying that insight development leads to bad results...
He wants not to cessation of existance if i understand correctly
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

Do you realize that the gods don't develop the brahmaviharas to culmination? Your report of experience with what you call vipassana to me sounds very subjective. Are you sure you were being trained correctly, grasped it correctly, practiced according to your personality type and that the bad corcumstances occured as direct result of that practice? Think about, here you are seemingly saying that insight development leads to bad results... It is like saying i learned how a game works and started getting bad results, which self-contradictory.
No it's not that vippasanna leads to bad results.It leads to the Great Release.The best result.
Its just as confusedlaymen stated I'm not seeking cessation. I am more concerned about practices of brahmaviharas,samadhi or dana,sila.I am not sure why as of this moment but its where my heart is.

Things like empathy,compassion,helping others.Is my practice.Its my Nibanna.Or my goal.

If I practiced vippasanna like intensively like it's fine if it's not too intensive but if it was non stop I mean..

Think about it...

The world would be..like...

Empty.

Like literally rise and fall..no man,no woman,no child,no animals.

Which is Great.

but that's not what I'm on earth for.

So to me it would literally block my practice to be doing vippasanna practice.

Gods dont develop brahmaviharas to culmination but they develop it nonetheless.They radiate a very strong degree of loving kindness I never really encountered on earth.Like more saturated.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Akashad wrote: I dont know what is true anymore.
I follow what Buddha said

hence I'm not confused
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

confusedlayman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Do you realize that the gods don't develop the brahmaviharas to culmination? Your report of experience with what you call vipassana to me sounds very subjective. Are you sure you were being trained correctly, grasped it correctly, practiced according to your personality type and that the bad corcumstances occured as direct result of that practice? Think about, here you are seemingly saying that insight development leads to bad results...
He wants not to cessation of existance if i understand correctly
I do want cessation but I want to develop the 35 divine qualities of PBE which is our mission on earth first i just feel completely drawn like every cell of my being want to develop them and I won't trade it for cessation no matter what.🙏
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

cappuccino wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:33 pm
Akashad wrote: I dont know what is true anymore.
I follow what Buddha said

hence I'm not confused
🙏🙏🙏
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

Akashad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:32 pm Gods dont develop brahmaviharas to culmination but they develop it nonetheless.They radiate a very strong degree of loving kindness I never really encountered on earth.Like more saturated.
And then they become reborn as pigs and act like the average grainfed hog. Whereas the stable ones are fully released, being attained to the unconditional bliss they are the envy of the gods.

You speak of the removal of taints in very bland words, you say it is the highest but use words like 'a bot' etc, seems like your mind is bent on god realms.

Consider this;
Bhikkhus, to the bhikkhu practicing the perception of non-attachment to all the world and abiding much in it, the manifold beauty of the world, keeps away, it shrinks and rolls away. The mind stretches out and gets established in equanimity or loathing.

“And what, Ānanda, is the perception of non-delight in the entire world? Here, a bhikkhu refrains from any engagement and clinging, mental standpoints, adherences, and underlying tendencies in regard to the world, abandoning them without clinging to them. This is called the perception of non-delight in the entire world.
You might want to give it a try to test your godly inclinations you might just find that the romance quickly shrinks and rolls away. Just reflect on the drawbacks.

It's one of the key perceptions to be established;
There is the case where a monk remains focused on unattractiveness with regard to the body, percipient of loathsomeness with regard to food, percipient of non-delight with regard to the entire world, (and) focused on inconstancy with regard to all fabrications. The perception of death is well established within him. He dwells in dependence on the five strengths of a learner — strength of conviction, strength of conscience, strength of concern, strength of persistence, & strength of discernment — ... he attains [eventually] the immediacy that leads to the ending of the effluents. -an4.163 asubha sutta
Going to Brahma realms is like working really hard just to go on a mediocre vecation and getting demoted at work for taking time off.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

User1249x wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:51 pm
Akashad wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:32 pm Gods dont develop brahmaviharas to culmination but they develop it nonetheless.They radiate a very strong degree of loving kindness I never really encountered on earth.Like more saturated.
And then they become reborn as pigs and act like the average grainfed hog. Whereas the stable ones are fully released, being attained to the unconditional bliss they are the envy of the gods.

You speak of the removal of taints in very bland words, you say it is the highest but use words like 'a bot' etc, seems like your mind is bent on god realms.

Consider this;
Bhikkhus, to the bhikkhu practicing the perception of non-attachment to all the world and abiding much in it, the manifold beauty of the world, keeps away, it shrinks and rolls away. The mind stretches out and gets established in equanimity or loathing.

“And what, Ānanda, is the perception of non-delight in the entire world? Here, a bhikkhu refrains from any engagement and clinging, mental standpoints, adherences, and underlying tendencies in regard to the world, abandoning them without clinging to them. This is called the perception of non-delight in the entire world.
You might want to give it a try to test your godly inclinations you might just find that the romance quickly shrinks and rolls away. Just reflect on the drawbacks.

It's one of the key perceptions to be established;
There is the case where a monk remains focused on unattractiveness with regard to the body, percipient of loathsomeness with regard to food, percipient of non-delight with regard to the entire world, (and) focused on inconstancy with regard to all fabrications. The perception of death is well established within him. He dwells in dependence on the five strengths of a learner — strength of conviction, strength of conscience, strength of concern, strength of persistence, & strength of discernment — ... he attains [eventually] the immediacy that leads to the ending of the effluents. -an4.163 asubha sutta
Going to Brahma realms is like working really hard just to go on a mediocre vecation and getting demoted at work for taking time off.

good anology
Akashad

Post by Akashad »

User1249x wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:51 pm Going to Brahma realms is like working really hard just to go on a mediocre vecation and getting demoted at work for taking time off.

If i spend my life practicing samadhi,developing wholesome qualities it will inevitably lead me there.

If confusedlaymen practices and dwells in jhana depending on what degree he'll also end up there.

So less to do with how mediocre of a vacation it sounds.

And more to do with you reap what you sow.