I find Bible to be the only true book among religions/spiritual teachings, etc

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Ervin

I find Bible to be the only true book among religions/spiritual teachings, etc

Post by Ervin »

Hi everyone. I have copied from one of the other forums what I have written today which is in accordance with my knowledge and which I would like to post here. Here it is:

I have been a seeker in the past. One of my understandings that I want to put forward is that the Bible is first of all the best written book there is. I have read and studied the quran for quite a while, I have read some of eckhart tolle’s teachings, I have looked into buddhism and other teachings.

Anyway, I find the Bible to be the only true book that’s been breathed out by Our Heavenly Father as it’s written in 2 Timothy 3:16: All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

Anyway I firmly believe that the only way to be saved is by accepting God’s One and Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.

It’s written in the the Bible in John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

It’s written in the Bible in John 14:6: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Consider the above verses that there is no eternal life without believing in Jesus Christ.

And the following from the Bible is I believe good for you to know: Proverbs 1:7: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Anyway, you can read the Bible online and you can obviously buy it. Anyway, I urge you to read the New Testament first and then it’s good to read for example the book of Job.

Also I would like to post following which are the first two commandments in the Hebrew Scriptures otherwise known as the Old Testament, which is in the

book of Exodus 20: Exodus 20:1-20

20Then God spoke all these words: 2I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; 3you shall have no other gods before me. 4You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, 6but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments. 7You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

Read the above and think and hopefully act.

Thanks

I have fixed one writing mistake, otherwise it’s the same as I posted on this other forum.

Think about it: Someone Has Created all this that exists.

Thanks
SteRo

Re: I find Bible to be the only true book among religions/spiritual teachings, etc

Post by SteRo »

TOS wrote:The following actions are not permitted at Dhamma Wheel:
i. Proselytizing and evangelizing other paths or doctrines, whether spiritual or secular
https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
Ervin

Re: I find Bible to be the only true book among religions/spiritual teachings, etc

Post by Ervin »

Ok
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Ervin wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:55 am Anyway, I find the Bible to be the only true book that’s been breathed out by Our Heavenly Father as it’s written in 2 Timothy 3:16: All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness
The above obviously appears false because it seems Christianity has been the biggest failure among all the religions. Christianity was disempowered by secularism. Prior to this, the Christian world was probably the most evil in the world (after the Mongols). The Christian world annihilated many cultures & religions and often engaged in brutal inquisitions.

The above failures of Christianity appear to be due to the contradictory teachings of Jesus, where he taught both love & fundamentalism. Jesus own disciples were aggressive zealots and killed people or were killed, such as Stephen (who harassed Jewish priests) and Peter (who killed a man for not giving up his money & property to the new Church). Refer to the Book of Acts.
Anyway I firmly believe that the only way to be saved is by accepting God’s One and Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.
If this is true, why are so many Christians both suffering & calling for wars, including against Christian countries?
It’s written in the the Bible in John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
If the above is true, why has the Christian world been perishing; where, in the West, Cultural Marxism & Judaism, for example, appear to be the predominant religions. Why are Zionists & Wahhabi fake-Muslims able to destroy & attack Christian countries (such as Lebanon, Syria & Armenia) with the approval of the USA?
It’s written in the Bible in John 14:6: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
What is this Father? Did you meet the Father?
Consider the above verses that there is no eternal life without believing in Jesus Christ.
The above verses are mere empty words when attached to by a fool.
And the following from the Bible is I believe good for you to know: Proverbs 1:7: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Buddhism also teaches "fear of doing evil", called "ottappa".
Anyway, you can read the Bible online and you can obviously buy it. Anyway, I urge you to read the New Testament first and then it’s good to read for example the book of Job.
We have already read it. The New Testament is reasonable but is poisoned by its contradictory Jewish fundamentalism. Love & fundamentalism cannot co-exist. The early Christians were not condemned for their love of humanity but for their "hatred of mankind" (per Tacitus).

Also, the Book of Job is evil, where God is a friend of Satan and they both sadistically & brutally torture a man. :o
book of Exodus 20: Exodus 20:1-20

20Then God spoke all these words: 2I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
The Hebrews were placed into slavery because of the actions of Joseph, who originally put the Egyptians into slavery and engaged in evil nepotism. Refer to Genesis 47.13.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
The above god according to Buddhism is an "asura" (violent). Since the above god is different to "The Father" of Jesus, who supposedly forgives, it appears the Bible is illogical and contradictory with two different gods. This is obviously why Jews reject Christianity.
but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments. 7You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
The Kingdom of Israel, composed of Ten Tribes, became extinct. The tribe of Judah, probably due to learning how to bribe external powers, survived. Yet Jews have suffered many difficulties since. Now Christians are suffering many difficulties in the world. It appears the above quote has been proven false. For example, where was god during the holocaust? :shrug:
Read the above and think and hopefully act.
The above is just words about following the Torah, which is similar to the Five Precepts & other moral recommendations in Buddhism. However, what makes Buddhism different to Judeo-Christianity is Buddhism does not hate other religions, to the point of attempting to exterminate them. Buddhism has, for example, coexisted with many religious beliefs in South East Asia for many centuries.
Think about it: Someone Has Created all this that exists.
The above is illogical. You are saying someone created a world with famines, drought, disease, birth defects, women dying during childbirth, earthquakes, hurricanes and great evil of greed, uncontrollable lust, violence & fear. Sorry but you have not made any sense. You appear to be say your god created all of the evil & suffering in this world.

In conclusion, the New Testament contains many moral & spiritual truths but appears was poisoned by Jewish fundamentalism. Only one drop of poison into a glass of pure water will poison the water. It seems Christianity was poisoned from the very beginning. Unlike the perfect Lord Buddha, it appears Jesus did not teach a complete Dhamma-Vinaya (Doctrine & Discipline)
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Very impressive, Ervin. You are on a Buddhist forum. If you really want people to hurt you, you should try a Muslim board. All we are going to do is call you names, laugh at you, and use some mild insults.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Ervin wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:31 amOk
What do you mean by spiritual teaching?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

u can follow any religion as it fit to you .. there is nothing to announce or convince others ..

however since human life and buddha teaching is precious, u are missing jackpot and wont hit another for long long time..
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Ervin has joined this forum nearly 10 years ago. That's a long time. Within 10 years it is possible to lose and regain interest in buddhism multiple times. It's also dependent on the environment one is living in, the people one associates with. If one lives in a christian environment without buddhist communities chances are very low that an initial interest in buddhism will remain or even grow stronger.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

I was in eighth grade when I chose Buddhism and didn't meet a single Buddhist until college. Nonpracticing, of course. And then after graduation I finally met some serious Buddhists. That was when I realized that Buddhists aren't any better to be around than Christians and that meeting them in person is a bad idea.
perkele

Post by perkele »

Inedible wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 am Very impressive, Ervin. You are on a Buddhist forum. If you really want people to hurt you, you should try a Muslim board. All we are going to do is call you names, laugh at you, and use some mild insults.
Speak for yourself.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

Guatama Buddha is Jesus Christ Himself, you will come to this conclusion soon enough. Some people reject the Holy Spirit and live in misery, but it is also not good to reject the other paths that Jesus Christ has created for this world for us to be saved through. Spirituality is all very serious Love, do not blaspheme it or you may have trouble with your Dharma. The lies heard about great Spiritual people are perpetuated by demons and liars. You can be a Buddhist, a Christian, a Muslim, a Sikh, a Jewish person, a Jain, a Hindu. a Zorostrian, a Baha'i, or just in Love with someone, and as long as you practice the path of peace and accept the Gateway to Heaven as Jesus when He opens the door for you, you will be saved. God is Jesus Christ and He has set up all the religions on the planet, with Expedient Means and various Avatars and plenary portions and portions of plenary portions of His direct expansions. But it's all Him. If you are ignorant of this you will live in a sadness until you wake up. Something will always be missing, or you won't be connecting to a part of yourself. Those who don't understand how Buddha is God have trouble accessing the wonders of life and Love, and their own Buddhahood. Remember, all things are possible with God, don't let anyone hurt your faith, if you stay with any manifestation of Jesus, be it Buddha or another Avatar, you will be saved.
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:50 am Guatama Buddha is Jesus Christ Himself, you will come to this conclusion soon enough. Some people reject the Holy Spirit and live in misery, but it is also not good to reject the other paths that Jesus Christ has created for this world for us to be saved through. Spirituality is all very serious Love, do not blaspheme it or you may have trouble with your Dharma. The lies heard about great Spiritual people are perpetuated by demons and liars. You can be a Buddhist, a Christian, a Muslim, a Sikh, a Jewish person, a Jain, a Hindu. a Zorostrian, a Baha'i, or just in Love with someone, and as long as you practice the path of peace and accept the Gateway to Heaven as Jesus when He opens the door for you, you will be saved. God is Jesus Christ and He has set up all the religions on the planet, with Expedient Means and various Avatars and plenary portions and portions of plenary portions of His direct expansions. But it's all Him. If you are ignorant of this you will live in a sadness until you wake up. Something will always be missing, or you won't be connecting to a part of yourself. Those who don't understand how Buddha is God have trouble accessing the wonders of life and Love, and their own Buddhahood. Remember, all things are possible with God, don't let anyone hurt your faith, if you stay with any manifestation of Jesus, be it Buddha or another Avatar, you will be saved.
only u can save yourself
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

confusedlayman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:12 am
Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:50 am Guatama Buddha is Jesus Christ Himself, you will come to this conclusion soon enough. Some people reject the Holy Spirit and live in misery, but it is also not good to reject the other paths that Jesus Christ has created for this world for us to be saved through. Spirituality is all very serious Love, do not blaspheme it or you may have trouble with your Dharma. The lies heard about great Spiritual people are perpetuated by demons and liars. You can be a Buddhist, a Christian, a Muslim, a Sikh, a Jewish person, a Jain, a Hindu. a Zorostrian, a Baha'i, or just in Love with someone, and as long as you practice the path of peace and accept the Gateway to Heaven as Jesus when He opens the door for you, you will be saved. God is Jesus Christ and He has set up all the religions on the planet, with Expedient Means and various Avatars and plenary portions and portions of plenary portions of His direct expansions. But it's all Him. If you are ignorant of this you will live in a sadness until you wake up. Something will always be missing, or you won't be connecting to a part of yourself. Those who don't understand how Buddha is God have trouble accessing the wonders of life and Love, and their own Buddhahood. Remember, all things are possible with God, don't let anyone hurt your faith, if you stay with any manifestation of Jesus, be it Buddha or another Avatar, you will be saved.
only u can save yourself
Jesus is inside you, that's part of the philosophy of having Buddha-Nature. If you don't want to reach out to an external saviour, that can make sense, but you will never be alone. The power of Buddha's Teachings are already guiding you to where you want to be, and when you get there you will find yourself equal to the Buddha and equal to Jesus.

-Dhammapada.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:59 am Jesus is inside you, that's part of the philosophy of having Buddha-Nature.
:roll:
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

SteRo wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:23 pm
Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:59 am Jesus is inside you, that's part of the philosophy of having Buddha-Nature.
:roll:
Have you ever heard the saying that Love has a name? That's what I'm talking about. If you can't grasp at the reality of Jesus and Buddha being the same person, then understand as many people do that Jesus is a Buddha, and the Buddhas, all share the same Love, and the Love within your heart comes from the Buddha. Buddha is Love, and the sooner you realize and Spiritually accept that Love, Buddha will be you.

-Dhammapada.