Sadhguru

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Mahabrahma

Re: Sadhguru

Post by Mahabrahma »

confusedlayman wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:01 pm
Inedible wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:43 pm One of the things I specifically remember reading was that Buddha went to the best teachers of his time, mastered their teachings, and said they did not lead to Nibbana. The thing that made him The Buddha and not just another Arhat was that he found the way on his own without help from anyone else. His initial reaction was doubt that anyone could learn it.
who is the best teacher living now?
Yes, it could be you. You can reach the Buddha's level too, if you want. There are many who learn from Buddhism and attain Enlightenment, and finding them out is an inner-thing.
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
StrivingforMonkhood

Post by StrivingforMonkhood »

Mahabrahma wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:19 am I don't believe Sadhguru thinks any part of Buddhism is false, and He actually practices some of it's doctrine. This makes Him at least part Buddhist, and His desire to practice Sanatana Dharma is a supplement on His Path. It seems to me like He is an Enlightened fellow. :namaste:
I saw a talk he gave where he praised the Zen Buddhism lifestyle as a beautiful way to become enlightened. Also, he discusses why he considered the famous Tibetan Buddhist guru Milarepa to have been highly enlightened. So, he has great respect for Buddhism; in fact, many of his teachings are very Buddhist. There are some differences, of course, as a he's a yogi mystic.

I particularly find his Shambhavi Mudra meditation with mantras as absolutely beautiful.

He's interesting. I've learned some fabulous things from him. He seems as if he's on the Path to Enlightenment, which the yogi path also leads to (Dharmic religions).

I don't want to judge. I am only going by his online teachings.

:namaste:
May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness

We are already Buddha
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Inedible wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:41 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:01 pm who is the best teacher living now?
You are your own best teacher. Buddha answered that one on his last day. No one else can put in the time meditating for you. I have spent a lot of time looking for anyone who might be able, but without success. Plenty of them will take your money anyway.
Your best teacher confirms what you already know.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

SarathW wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:01 am
Inedible wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:41 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:01 pm who is the best teacher living now?
You are your own best teacher. Buddha answered that one on his last day. No one else can put in the time meditating for you. I have spent a lot of time looking for anyone who might be able, but without success. Plenty of them will take your money anyway.
Your best teacher confirms what you already know.
I have heard a saying that we all know the Truth deep down inside, some just deny it and run away from themselves.

-Dhammapada.
StrivingforMonkhood

Mahabrahma wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:04 amI have heard a saying that we all know the Truth deep down inside, some just deny it and run away from themselves.
Each of us is already Buddha, dear friend. It's simply that we have failed to realize this. We are ignorant.

We are already Buddha
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:35 pm
Mahabrahma wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:04 amI have heard a saying that we all know the Truth deep down inside, some just deny it and run away from themselves.
Each of us is already Buddha, dear friend. It's simply that we have failed to realize this. We are ignorant.

That is a very good way of looking at it. I have noticed, however, the difference between the fully Enlightened and those that are not. Anyone can become fully Enlightened at any point in time, and already are from the point they attain Enlightenment for infinite Eternity in all directions. The only thing that matters in proper Buddhist Teaching is an approach with Love. If you are Teaching the most fallen people that they are Buddhas and they come to believe in themselves, repent, and then attain Buddhahood then there is nothing wrong in that Teaching. There are many who use this approach, and I do too. However, what I Love doing the most is showing people the Love they have so that it shines forth into Buddhahood instantly, and that is done in whichever Way I can truly and best connect to them. If someone has truly become Enlightened, sometimes I note when, even if it is in their distant past, to me it is part of their story and I show them that they are a Buddha without any hindrance. In that case it is something they already know, but when they are able to be open about it, they feel perfect. It is that of giving obasencies to Buddhas, for they deserve the Highest respect, because they Love everyone.

:anjali:
:buddha1:

-Dhammapada.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Great video.
Why am I not Happy in Life?

Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

SarathW wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:15 pm Great video.
Why am I not Happy in Life?

Yes this is a wonderful lecture. He certainly reminds me of the Hindu Avatar of Vasudev in His philosophy, and that is Sadhguru's name (Jagadish Vasudev). Also this talk perfectly draws from the core Sikh Teaching that all souls are equal. Sikhs who are initiated into the Khalsa wear turbans and never shave their beard, Sadhguru appears to follow this wide Spiritual Tradition, and when I was thinking that He was a Sikh, in the lecture He said the words "I am one". Sikhs preach Nirvana as well, in conjunction to the Hindu practice of worshipping the Immaculate Lord and chanting His Names. Their Scriptures have many authors and draw from many Spiritual Traditions. But yes, I know that Sadhguru generally advertises Hinduism as His Vehicle, but He intends His lectures to all people.

-Dhammapada.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Actually, he does not want to commit to anyone.
He pretends that he enlightened on his own effort.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Sadhguru debates Jewish Rabbi in Los Angeles, California.
To me, Jewish Rabbi makes more sense than Sadhguru.
What exactly the message of Sadhguru in this discussion?
Is he doing eel wriggling?

SarathW

Post by SarathW »

The One Intelligent Thing That Alexander Did

Is this a true story? If so what is the source?

Delhi - Archaeological site:

https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/393/

SarathW

Sadhguru on Darwin's Theory of Evolution, Science or religion?

Post by SarathW »

Sadhguru on Darwin's Theory of Evolution, Science or religion?
If you want to go back word follow God, If you want to go forward follow Darwin.

StrivingforMonkhood

I just saw a recent video of Sadhguru talking politics with a group of people outside. No one seemed to be wearing masks. In the comment section, I found it terribly disheartening what I was reading about; in other words, Sadhguru seems to have been saying some things that I find disturbing.

I am very upset about some of things I have discovered.

I'm judging no one. Very upset.

I think I know what someone is all about, and I am completely and profoundly wrong.

Peace and enlightenment :namaste:

We are already Buddha
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:00 pm I just saw a recent video of Sadhguru talking politics with a group of people outside. No one seemed to be wearing masks. In the comment section, I found it terribly disheartening what I was reading about; in other words, Sadhguru seems to have been saying some things that I find disturbing.

I am very upset about some of things I have discovered.

I'm judging no one. Very upset.

I think I know what someone is all about, and I am completely and profoundly wrong.

Peace and enlightenment :namaste:
What u found
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Sadhguru is talking about the cast problem in India. Perhaps you will be surprised to learn how bad it is. It is worse than the color discrimination in the USA.