Why does Classical Theravada become your favorite choice, rather than all the other paths?

A forum for members who wish to develop a deeper understanding of the Pali Canon and associated Commentaries, which for discussion purposes are both treated as authoritative.
mjaviem

Re: Why does Classical Theravada become your favorite choice, rather than all the other paths?

Post by mjaviem »

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:15 am .
  • Why?
I know little about theravada and less about the other traditions.

What I like about buddhism is that it doesn't rely on miracles or on forces of gods or magical forces. What I like about theravada is that it doesn't rely on undefinable aspects of the universe. I see theravada more "down to earth" so to speak. And I like that it's more concerned with our experience and the mind (rather than objects of the world like in science). And I like it's about our existence (or non-existence one could say) and about an escape and concepts like those that are to me philosophically intriguing. Yet the whole point is not about entering into philosophical debates without making progress but to try and see for one self, to watch our own heart (mind) and practise and get free.
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Re: Why does Classical Theravada become your favorite choice, rather than all the other paths?

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:52 pm
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:15 am Why?

Buddha is the first enlightened in our time

perhaps the only enlightened teacher still

umm!

:heart:

🅢🅐🅑🅑🅔 🅓🅗🅐🅜🅜🅐 🅐🅝🅐🅣🅣🅐

Self ...
  • "an entirely and perfectly foolish idea" :D ~ MN22
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:54 pm
cappuccino wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:52 pm Buddha is the first enlightened in our time

perhaps the only enlightened teacher still

umm!
well perhaps
"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine." -Socrates
Good for Your Soul