I lied on my blood donation form today

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
un8-

Re: I lied on my blood donation form today

Post by un8- »

bpallister wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:51 pm how will this karma ripen, and when?
My spouse works in this field, they track everything and everyone. One time she found out a donator had cancer when they tested the blood and called the person who took the blood and they informed the donator they should see a doctor ASAP.

If your lie ends up harming someone you will go to jail and face severe fines.

edit: just read that you injected some stuff and lied about it, I think prison time is in your kamma-vipaka, also don't be surprised when the family of the victim seeks revenge on you.
There is only one battle that could be won, and that is the battle against the 3 poisons. Any other battle is a guaranteed loss because you're going to die either way.
sphairos

Post by sphairos »

But those are harmless substances and in , likely, almost untraceable amount in his blood. Why everyone is so upset. They can only hurt someone who has just had a heart transplant or smth.

But, yes, OP, you shouldn't do it. I would understand if you needed money hard, but you seem to be Ok with the money.
How good and wonderful are your days,
How true are your ways?
sphairos

Post by sphairos »

Coëmgenu wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 pm I can't donate blood because I'm gay.
One of my suspicions about you is confirmed (very unimportant one, tbh)

Another my suspicion is that you are veeeeery faaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaattt. Is it true?
How good and wonderful are your days,
How true are your ways?
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

I'm 190 lbs, 5 feet 11 inches tall, and have dreamy blue eyes.

Anything else you speculate about my body?

:oops:
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
samseva

Post by samseva »

bpallister wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:36 pm here's the thing tho. If i had told the truth (i lied on one question) i would have not been able to donate. so i want to donate to thin out my blood a little and to help other beings, but i cannot because i have been injecting some vitamin T and peptides--if i tell the truth.
What is "vitamin T"?
Justsit

Post by Justsit »

samseva wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:53 pm
bpallister wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:36 pm here's the thing tho. If i had told the truth (i lied on one question) i would have not been able to donate. so i want to donate to thin out my blood a little and to help other beings, but i cannot because i have been injecting some vitamin T and peptides--if i tell the truth.
What is "vitamin T"?
Testosterone.

"if I tell the truth?" Do you?
samseva

Post by samseva »

bpallister wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:51 pm [...]
This might be useful:
Conclusion: Hemoglobin concentrations were elevated in donors on TRT, and significant numbers had hemoglobin levels above those recommended by current guidelines. These data also suggest that repeat blood donation was insufficient to maintain a hematocrit below 54%. Our findings raise concerns about the persistent risk of vascular events in these donors, particularly when coupled with the misperception by patients and health care providers that donation has reduced or eliminated the risks of TRT-induced polycythemia.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28150363/
greentea

Post by greentea »

Lmao that "wanted to help out other human beings" is such a cope, you wanted to thin out your blood that's it. Shouldn't donated your blood to TM if you wanted to help out "human beings" with your trt blood.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

OP, this is a pretty unskillful thing to do and could cause harm. It is also likely that your reasons for lying were less highly elevated than you say (you didn't want them to turn down your blood for the benefit of others? Or was it that your ego would be hurt?). I would recommend getting your sila together and seeking out a in-person teacher and probably a psychotherapist would help too. Try first the blood clinic to correct your comments. Blood is screened at labs but not for everything inclusive of exogenous hormones.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

TRobinson465 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:43 am Considering this lie was for whats possibly a legit safety concern for the recipeint. this is bad and you should tell them right away, lest if something happens the karma will be worse than just the act of lying.

This is serious and unambigous. It would be a different story if this was something benign, for instance a few years ago in the US there was a lifetime ban on blood donations for men who had ever had sexual contact with another man. Lying about this would still be a breach of the 4th precept, but it would be much more ambigious morally since that rule was based on long disproven junk science, and the only way to donate blood b4 the rule was revoked was by lying about it if you had had such contact.

This is not that case. Correct it right away if you can, that was not a benign lie and you're putting somebody else's health at risk.
the question about gay sex was on there too i think
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

I just sent them a text letting them know that I lied on that question.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

dharmacorps wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:09 pm OP, this is a pretty unskillful thing to do and could cause harm. It is also likely that your reasons for lying were less highly elevated than you say (you didn't want them to turn down your blood for the benefit of others? Or was it that your ego would be hurt?). I would recommend getting your sila together and seeking out a in-person teacher and probably a psychotherapist would help too. Try first the blood clinic to correct your comments. Blood is screened at labs but not for everything inclusive of exogenous hormones.
My concern was that I wouldn't be able to donate.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

samseva wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:15 pm
bpallister wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:51 pm [...]
This might be useful:
Conclusion: Hemoglobin concentrations were elevated in donors on TRT, and significant numbers had hemoglobin levels above those recommended by current guidelines. These data also suggest that repeat blood donation was insufficient to maintain a hematocrit below 54%. Our findings raise concerns about the persistent risk of vascular events in these donors, particularly when coupled with the misperception by patients and health care providers that donation has reduced or eliminated the risks of TRT-induced polycythemia.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28150363/
i had bloodwork done last week. triglycerides slightly elevated but everything else was in range.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

sphairos wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm But those are harmless substances and in , likely, almost untraceable amount in his blood. Why everyone is so upset. They can only hurt someone who has just had a heart transplant or smth.

But, yes, OP, you shouldn't do it. I would understand if you needed money hard, but you seem to be Ok with the money.
I don't get any money from it. I just do it out of the goodness of my heart. although according to some on here, I'm one bad mofo
SDC

Post by SDC »

bpallister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:39 am
sphairos wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm But those are harmless substances and in , likely, almost untraceable amount in his blood. Why everyone is so upset. They can only hurt someone who has just had a heart transplant or smth.

I don't get any money from it. I just do it out of the goodness of my heart. although according to some on here, I'm one bad mofo
What you did was reckless, dishonest, selfish and inconsiderate, but you didn’t do it with the intention of hurting another. Just curious — why do you take testosterone? Feel free not to respond.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3