Forbidden questions

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
maniture_85

Forbidden questions

Post by maniture_85 »

I have made questions that monks and expert meditators refuse to clearly answer.
Which texts should i read in order to find informations i need?
Ceisiwr

Re: Forbidden questions

Post by Ceisiwr »

Well, what’s the questions?
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
maniture_85

Post by maniture_85 »

I've decided to keep them for myself and stop asking here.
I'm going to try to meet a monk soon and ask those questions personally.
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Seems like both the answers AND the questions themselves are forbidden. :jumping: :rofl:
bodom

Post by bodom »

I wonder what the point of this thread is then? If you would like it to be closed please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

maniture_85 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:49 pm I've decided to keep them for myself and stop asking here.
I'm going to try to meet a monk soon and ask those questions personally.
It's a bit hard to point you in the right direction if we have no idea what kind of questions you have. You don't have to say what the questions are specifically, but letting us know what kind of topics they are about would help.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

I'm guessing the questions need long complex answers, and Maniture wants simple answers.

There are no forbidden questions. There ARE answers which can't be understood by people who don't have a lot of meditation experience.
santa100

Post by santa100 »

maniture_85 wrote:I have made questions that monks and expert meditators refuse to clearly answer.
Which texts should i read in order to find informations i need?
Just wanna make sure those questions are not part of the Acinteyya...
maniture_85

Post by maniture_85 »

I'm sorry if i've used a wrong approach.
Please don't take my last post as offensive. When i say "I've decided to keep them for myself and stop asking here." it's just what i've done the last period. I'm looking online for informations as i've already done in the past, and i decided to write the post because i'm not finding anything which goes into details. I guessed in any religion there might be themes that are used to be taken more privately or discuted rarely, and based on this was my request. Maybe these specific themes are collected in precise texts or chapters in a writing, i'm just guessing, at the end i'm quite ignorant about suttas and the whole texts.

Thanks for your answer James, you helped me a lot in the past. Let me quote
"There ARE answers which can't be understood by people who don't have a lot of meditation experience."

My point is not about understanding. I just had any answer. And it's ok, i'm not accusing anyone. Anyone is free about his choices, expecially the spiritual ones. According to what i wrote i will no longer ask directly here, i prefer to ask in person. Please don't take it personally because it's not my intention to be offensive.

You can close the Topic :smile: I will make other attempts.