Suggestions, Comments and Feedback for the Study Group

Where we gather to focus on a single discourse or thematic collection from the Sutta Piṭaka (new selection every two weeks)
SDC

Re: 📍 Nutriment (āhāra) Part One (Week of October 3, 2021)

Post by SDC »

ToVincent wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:09 pm
Buddha didn't wait for people to interpret wrong meanings, wrong grammar, or a modern interpretation of a lousy knowledge of the philosophy of his time.
Did He?

Etc., etc.

What I also find pointless is the sophistry to cover that.

Sorry to be so frank and blunt.
That's the way "I am" — but it's not my real self.
Once again, you don’t have to say sorry, and I understand why you don’t agree with how I’ve done things this week. I’ll take what you’ve said into consideration going forward - in the same way I have taken your compliments in the past the same way.

The points you raise are things found widespread on this forum and in the community in general. I’d like to see these things sorted just as much as you, but I’m not looking to do that here in the Study Group.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
dharmalotus48

Re: Suggestions, Comments and Feedback for the Study Group

Post by dharmalotus48 »

Can we please resume these sessions?
SDC

Post by SDC »

dharmalotus48 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:41 am Can we please resume these sessions?
I’m aiming for July.
dharmalotus48

Post by dharmalotus48 »

SDC wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:03 pm
dharmalotus48 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:41 am Can we please resume these sessions?
I’m aiming for July.
Great. Your Thread is a fantastic addition to the community.

I have followed some of your past discussions, your way of engagement is the true way to discuss the dhamma.
SDC

Post by SDC »

dharmalotus48 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:04 am
SDC wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:03 pm
I’m aiming for July.
Great. Your Thread is a fantastic addition to the community.

I have followed some of your past discussions, your way of engagement is the true way to discuss the dhamma.
Much appreciated!
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
yamadwipa

Post by yamadwipa »

I'm currently studying Jataka and Udana 😊