This is important

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
pegembara

Re: This is important

Post by pegembara »

pegembara wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:43 pm
Joe.c wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:06 am
pegembara wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:54 am ...
Don't try to comprehend the final knowledge. Majority (almost all) people overshoot those and lack of understanding before walk the path. Alas, some people even abandon the path before even entering it. Lol.

People try to understand anatta, anicca,and dukkha. But when ask have you seen nobles?

They said no need. Then how can a right view arise without associate noble and seen nobles? Lol.

Since you think you have understand. Then get rid of dukkhas and asava(s) that cause the avijja. Then turn avijja to vijja. From there know all the worlds and the drawbacks such as brahma worlds, kama loka, hell, ghost, human and animal worlds.

Note: this knowledge needs to be personally know and seen and comprehend. Can't be only by reading book or someone tell you.

Without this understanding, one will never be completely happy. 😁

Then, maybe you will know or maybe not. 😁
Dear Joe,

The Buddha had it “made” and still felt miserable because he fully understood dukkha. That’s the very first step.

This knowledge has to be seen and comprehended. Something felt deeply in your bones. Without this understanding you will never be able to break free.

The solution is transcendence but first you have to really wallow in the mud.
"There are these five facts that one should reflect on often, whether one is a woman or a man, lay or ordained. Which five?

"'I am subject to aging, have not gone beyond aging.' This is the first fact that one should reflect on often, whether one is a woman or a man, lay or ordained.

"'I am subject to illness, have not gone beyond illness.' ...

"'I am subject to death, have not gone beyond death.' ...

"'I will grow different, separate from all that is dear and appealing to me.' ...

"'I am the owner of my actions,[1] heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator. Whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that will I fall heir.' ...

"These are the five facts that one should reflect on often, whether one is a woman or a man, lay or ordained.
You have it backwards!
However, With solution know. Then you will find happiness here and now. Hence life will be happy with the take up of the practice that is N8FP. This N8FP is the path to end of dukkha.
And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

pegembara wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:52 pm ...
Looks like you will never understand. 😅🤣 Good luck. Can't help for now.

Let me correct this wrong approach.
The solution is transcendence but first you have to really wallow in the mud
This is a wrong approach. You don't need to be wallowed in the mud to see the solution. The mud will lead you to birth, sick, oldage and death, why would one need to experience it again? That will be silly.

Buddha has announced the problem & path, one just needs to understand the problem and follow the exact path. The path is a shortcut to Nibbana if you follow the correct path, N8FP.

So, the path is to give up all things/behaviors that lead to birth, sick, oldage and death.

Btw, Hopefully your life is not full of suffering. 😁

As Buddha said in DN 9, MN 13:
DN 9 wrote: ...
I teach the Dhamma for the giving up of these three kinds of existences:

‘When you practice accordingly, corrupting qualities will be given up in you and cleansing qualities will grow. You’ll enter and remain in the fullness and abundance of wisdom, having realized it with your own insight in this very life.’

Poṭṭhapāda, you might think: ‘Corrupting qualities will be given up and cleansing qualities will grow. One will enter and remain in the fullness and abundance of wisdom, having realized it with one’s own insight in this very life. But such a life is suffering.’

But you should not see it like this.

Corrupting qualities will be given up and cleansing qualities will grow. One will enter and remain in the fullness and abundance of wisdom, having realized it with one’s own insight in this very life. And there will be only joy and happiness, tranquility, mindfulness and awareness. Such a life is blissful.
Looks like most/majority people see it that life is suffering. 😅 Which is wrong way of thinking according to Buddha in DN 9. Or maybe they haven't reached the path.😅
MN 13 wrote: ...
But I am capable of experiencing perfect happiness for one day and night without moving my body or speaking. I am capable of experiencing perfect happiness for two days … three days … four days … five days … six days … seven days. What do you think, reverends? This being so, who lives in greater pleasure, King Bimbisāra or I?’

‘This being so, Venerable Gotama lives in greater pleasure than King Bimbisāra.’”
But if one reach samadhi, One will always happy inwardly. There is no desires, no asavas.

So, if someone say there is no solution, he/she is not Buddha's disciple. He is a puthujjana for sure.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
pegembara

Post by pegembara »

deleted
Last edited by pegembara on Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.
pegembara

Post by pegembara »

Joe.c wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:45 am So, if someone say there is no solution, he/she is not Buddha's disciple. He is a puthujjana for sure.
This we can agree.
The problem is life itself. The solution is to recognize that there is no point in finding a solution as there is none.
"But if one reach samadhi, One will always happy inwardly. There is no desires, no asavas."
The solution is to realize that there is no solution in any world except to let go of conditioned phenomena as per OP, not withdraw in samadhi. The problems don't go away when you come out of samadhi/concentration. Doesn't matter where you are at - material or immaterial world. It's all the same. THERE IS NOWHERE TO HIDE.

Sabbe sankhara anicca/dukkha.

Verse 277: "ALLconditioned phenomena are impermanent"; when one sees this with Insight-wisdom, one becomes weary of dukkha (i.e., the khandhas). This is the Path to Purity.

Verse 278: "All conditioned phenomena are dukkha"; when one sees this with Insight-wisdom, one becomes weary of dukkha (i.e., the khandhas). This is the Path to Purity.

First, come the recognition and realization, and then come the start of the N8FP...not putting the cart before the horse.
"However, With solution know. Then you will find happiness here and now. Hence life will be happy with the take up of the practice that is N8FP. This N8FP is the path to end of dukkha."
The solution is transcendence but first you have to really wallow in the mud
1. Life in any world is unstable, it is swept away: this is the first summary of the Dhamma taught by the Blessed One who knows and sees, accomplished and fully enlightened. Knowing and seeing and hearing this, I went forth from the home life into homelessness.

2. Life in any world has no shelter and no protector: this is the second summary of the Dhamma taught by the Blessed One who knows and sees.

3. Life in any world has nothing of its own; one has to leave all and pass on: this is the third summary of the Dhamma taught by the Blessed One who knows and sees ...

4. Life in any world is incomplete, insatiate, the slave of of craving: this is the fourth summary of the Dhamma taught by the Blessed One who knows and sees.
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

pegembara wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:09 am
Good luck. Can’t help for now.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

Life as a human is always about competition. Heaven is lack of competition caused by abundance. With abundant power comes lack of fear. With lack of fear you don't have the need for financial and political power. Financial and political power are not real power.
money is worthless toilet paper • the tongue has no bone (a person might say one thing but it cannot be further from the truth) • you cannot teach a goat math as in you cannot teach the dhamma to a dumb person