Risk of taking vaccine jab

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
Kumara

Re: Risk of taking vaccine jab

Post by Kumara »

Spiny Norman wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:39 am It's mostly the unvaccinated who have "paid dearly".
Any statistics to back that up?

Actually, I know you can't produce reliable statistics, because data on adverse effects has been suppressed. But perhaps we'll get to see it as the FDA gradually release it.
Kumara

Post by Kumara »

Jhana4 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:52 am The worst that will happen is that you might feel not so great for a day or two.
Definitely not true.
Eharp

Post by Eharp »

I doubt anyone here, unless they have advanced degrees and experience in immunology, have the background or understanding to parse any "statistics" and what they mean. Incredible amounts of misinformation, "experts" with their own agendas, and straight up lies have created a thicket of views. The only stats I need are the overflowing ICU wards, and morgues with bodies stacked in refrigerated trucks that we witnessed before the vaccines where available and among the unvaccinated during each new surge, and the growing list of my friends who refused to get vaccinated who are no longer with us. No matter what side you are on, you can find "stats" to back you up. I prefer listening to the science and the medical experts I trust. I got the jab and every booster since as soon as it was available. Those I know who didn't, did not live with regret for long.
Kumara

Post by Kumara »

mikenz66 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:33 amThe death rate for nonvaccinnated is higher than for vaccinated. See, for example:
https://theconversation.com/most-covid- ... its-179648
It says: "Unfortunately, some commentators talked about that ratio as if it was all a real benefit of vaccination. It wasn’t."
Kumara

Post by Kumara »

Eharp wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:59 am I doubt anyone here, unless they have advanced degrees and experience in immunology, have the background or understanding to parse any "statistics" and what they mean. Incredible amounts of misinformation, "experts" with their own agendas, and straight up lies have created a thicket of views.
Would that include you?
Eharp

Post by Eharp »

[/quote]

Would that include you?
[/quote]

That would include both of us.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

KathyLauren wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 pm I was in hospital for three weeks

Knowing how bad it was with the protection of vaccines, I might have died without them.
maybe it was partly the reason… for being in the hospital

:shrug:
Last edited by cappuccino on Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
cappuccino wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:43 am

Knowing how bad it was with the protection of vaccines, I might have died without them.

That's a fair question. Since the vaccines were designed to artificially and specifically fixate the body's attention on the (now redundant) original version of COVID-19, it could have come at the expense of the body's natural ability to respond generally to all viral infections, including subsequent variants. Or so one theory goes...

Perhaps it's best to get off the booster train, let your last dose be your last, and allow the distortive effects of the vaccine to (hopefully) wane.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Kumara wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:44 am
Spiny Norman wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:39 am It's mostly the unvaccinated who have "paid dearly".
Any statistics to back that up?

Actually, I know you can't produce reliable statistics, because data on adverse effects has been suppressed. But perhaps we'll get to see it as the FDA gradually release it.
I followed our local stats (Switzerland) both in regards to vaccine side effects and hospitalisations until mid last year. These vaccines (mRNA) are pretty heavy compared to the traditional vaccines, i.e. show a significantly higher rate of serious side effects. But they are also very effective against the risk of hospitalisation. Our hospital cohort has largely been the un-vaxxed, even though the majority (especially the elderly) are vaxxed, so if the vaccine was ineffective, you'd expect many more vaxxed people in the hospital than unvaxxed, but it's been the opposite.

And yeah, I am not an immunologist, but do have an advanced degree in stats (and a phd in probability theory). Mike's been sharing good info IMO, but once one's mind's made up, we tend to shut out anything that contradicts it and look for confirmation.
_/|\_
Eharp

Post by Eharp »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:57 am

Perhaps it's best to get off the booster train, let your last dose be your last, and allow the distortive effects of the vaccine to (hopefully) wane.

Metta,
Can I respectfully ask what qualifies you to give medical advice?
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:57 am Greetings,
cappuccino wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:43 am

That's a fair question.
Is it, though? Or is it unfounded speculation?
retrofuturist wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:57 am Since the vaccines were designed to artificially and specifically fixate the body's attention on the (now redundant) original version of COVID-19, it could have come at the expense of the body's natural ability to respond generally to all viral infections, including subsequent variants. Or so one theory goes...
The variants have a lot in common, so not redundant. And that the vaccine interferes, rather than enhance the body's ability to fight the infection is something that needs to be backed up. Otherwise it's just more speculation.
retrofuturist wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:57 am Perhaps it's best to get off the booster train, let your last dose be your last, and allow the distortive effects of the vaccine to (hopefully) wane.
Sounds like you've made your mind up about the vaccine, but based on what?

Here most people aren't interested in more shots anyway. At least not now. I can list many anecdotal cases like other posters above, they seem more compelling than stats to many people. Weighing competing risks is not easy, but in my mind, there is no doubt that covid vulnerable people should get fully vaxxed and probably everyone over 60 anyway. 40-60 is borderline and under 40 has always been more about public health than individual benefit, IMO, i.e. stemmimg the spread.
_/|\_
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Eharp wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:56 am Can I respectfully ask what qualifies you to give medical advice?
I'm not claiming to have any qualifications.

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
retrofuturist wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:57 am That's a fair question.
Dan74 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:03 am Is it, though?
Of course it is. What do you think an hypothesis is?
Dan74 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:03 am Sounds like you've made your mind up about the vaccine, but based on what?
Thanks for sharing your experiments at mind-reading with us.

Metta,
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

How is this adding to the discussion, Paul?

If I said, "I think it is fair to ask if you're a Chinese spy, sent to promote CCP's nefarious agenda", would that be constructive? Or unfounded speculation?

Or you just like to shoot the breeze?

Never mind. Delete.
Last edited by Dan74 on Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
_/|\_
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Dan74 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:15 am unfounded speculation
you can't understand: this vaccine is dangerous
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.