i have tested positive for covid. any advice is appreciated

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
salayatananirodha

Re: i have tested positive for covid. any advice is appreciated

Post by salayatananirodha »

Ceisiwr wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:58 pm
salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:55 am i am going to go to the clinic tomorrow and maybe take paxlovid if i can afford it. (idk how much it is). i am going to take some zinc as well. i'm vaccinated pfizer x4. having chills feeling warm and some achey-ness (sp?) and sore throat
Unless your zinc levels are low I don’t know why you would be taking it. Remember, too much of most things is bad for you. That includes zinc, vitamins etc. Regarding COVID, if you have had the jab then you should be fine. However, you really shouldn’t be listening to what I or others say. Going to strangers on the internet for medical advice, strangers who are usually ill-informed themselves, is a bad idea.
i am kind of in between, the covid information divides into sort of two camps. i use my senses to investigate. definitely think it's ok to ask for help online. buddhists are mostly good hearted people. i already know standard recommendations. i've been jabbed four times and i still got sick. perhaps it could be a lot worse without.

zinc comes out thru your pee, so it's hard to have too much
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Radiate metta and have positive thoughts...

Also see 10 or 8 advice buddha gave to malungaputta
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

I've been taking a vitamin C and a vitamin D tablet daily, plus a "hair skin and nails vitamins" capsule throughout the pandemic.
I've also had the vaccinations, eaten sensibly, got some gentle exercise and also worn a mask in places where I come into contact with others.

I live in a busy capital city so might have been near to a few people with Covid, including someone next door who died in hospital with it. but I'm fine so far. I think not worrying too much and being occupied with other things makes a difference.
I also have a friend in another area who's just recovering from it and she said it was like having a cold but she seems to be ok now.
Ceisiwr wrote: you really shouldn’t be listening to what I or others say. Going to strangers on the internet for medical advice, strangers who are usually ill-informed themselves, is a bad idea.
:goodpost:

zerotime

Post by zerotime »

salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:36 pm
i am kind of in between, the covid information divides into sort of two camps. i use my senses to investigate. definitely think it's ok to ask for help online. buddhists are mostly good hearted people. i already know standard recommendations. i've been jabbed four times and i still got sick. perhaps it could be a lot worse without.
you can get good information from world reputed Physicians inside the FLCCC site:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:36 pm i've been jabbed four times and i still got sick. perhaps it could be a lot worse without.
I was sick the last 2 weeks

No vaccine…
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
thepea

Post by thepea »

salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:55 am i am going to go to the clinic tomorrow and maybe take paxlovid if i can afford it. (idk how much it is). i am going to take some zinc as well. i'm vaccinated pfizer x4. having chills feeling warm and some achey-ness (sp?) and sore throat
The meat that one consumes should contain everything the body requires for healthy immune system to function. This and clean fluids (water).
rekoW

Post by rekoW »

Did u survive? vaccinated pfizer x4 is like Muhammad Ali or Bruce Lee or Hulk Hogan or Rafael Nadal. Kapow! the virus with Pfizer fists of steel !
Johann

Post by Johann »

Start to do merits, good householder. Those having done merits, established in the Dhamma, having a refuge, don't have much reasons for worry.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

thepea wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:12 pm
The meat that one consumes should contain everything the body requires for healthy immune system to function. This and clean fluids (water).
Not all of us consume the flesh of animals. I'm a vegetarian and haven't eaten meat for a number of years - and I still appear to have a healthy immune system.

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

How are you feeling now salayatananirodha?

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

rekoW wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:36 am
Did u survive? vaccinated pfizer x4 is like Muhammad Ali or Bruce Lee or Hulk Hogan or Rafael Nadal. Kapow! the virus with Pfizer fists of steel !
i had a very rough first day, then a less rough but still rough two days, then a couple of unpleasant days and by the sixth or seventh day i was mostly well.
day (-1) had sore throat and day (0) had sore throat and cough, also a serious brain fog moment and felt hot and maybe fatigued?
like i was saying before i had snorted ketamine and i thought it affected my sinuses and the general malaise flew under the radar
when i had flu like symptoms including body ache is when i took home test (i have had these things before which pertained to musculoskeletal issues so i wasn't alarmed)
day 1 felt very hot and generally horrible
day 2 and 3 were very snotty, like face full of snot
day 4 and 5 i dont remember
shortness of breath presented itself when walking outside day 4 and 5, went away by day 6
i summoned all of these sympathies and then failed to update everyone, shame on me, but it is possible that some advice and/or thoughts and 'prayers' helped. i was the only one in my household who got it apparently but four other people at work got it
idk how i got it but i can speculate
i followed advice on the vitamins, including black seed oil and quercetin (with bromelain)
cough lasted for a solid two weeks after but that also seems like it's gone away
for a short time i will feel somewhat safe from the virus but i also think i will continue not caring because it was hard enough for me as someone who is more introverted to avoid doing things i want to do, even unwholesome things. went and danced in a nightclub (didn't drink fyi) that was packed and clearly no one cared. my mom just avoids me now maybe thats not a bad thing

i personally cant confirm or deny that the vaccine helped. i am not anti-vax i just was surprised that i got as sick as i did two months after second booster. i can't know how it would have been if i hadn't (infection was still milder than many others) but i've long thought that thought experiments are flawed :heart:
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Well thanks for letting us know of your progress, your reflections and your exploits. In order to prevent there being too many conversations on corona viruses and injections etc. we can draw a line under this particular topic.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."