Arahats today to arise

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.
Johann

Arahats today to arise

Post by Johann »

Good householder Jack used to raise such questions. Off-topic there, and asked from a personal, lesser scriptual view, thought to put it under Dhammic-stories here:
Jack19990101 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:13 pm Pay my respect to Buddha Dhamma Sangha.
Pay my respect to Ven Bhante who is here conversing with us.
I have a question to Bhante -
Is attainment to arahant ship still occurring?
Is the attainment to arahantship occurring in many, in not many yet not rarity, or in rarity?

Hope this is not a question which carries inconvenience to Bhante who is bound by Monks' rules.
I will pleasantly to take Bhante's answer in his best knowledge, in his experience with Noble Sangha, in his speculation.
Good Jack, my person wouldn't be formal bond (aside of not speaking what isn't true), nor is he bound by dangers of desires, but as a matter of anyhow not always conductive, open for suspecting, he will try to fit the circumstances in regard of benefical for the goal:

Is attainment to arahant ship still occurring?
For one in the sphere of getting aware: sure. For those far of Nissaya, no.

Is the attainment to arahantship occurring in many, in not many yet not rarity, or in rarity?
This days people firm in faith, lay or monastic is very, very rare. Even to find people and areas where basic right view has still a possistion is very, very rare.
Within this group of basic right view and right view (firm Saddha) there are likewise less who seek after renouncing with an effort. Such as a real Pabbajito is very very rare (there are of course much more renouncer with wrong view: the wanderers of other sects from the Buddhas time haven't disappeared and the Uposatha of the cow-boys and especially that of the Jains is very, very common within the tradition since long).
My person, as far as seen, thinks that it isn't different elsewhere then here, where he dwells, just that covered and painted more pleasing with intelectual shine.
Currently he knows of maybe a hand full having really left home and with right view.

Meeting an Arahat will be very rare and difficult in this times because it all lies far outside the common perception. An Arahat appearing outside of a borderland, between modern society, absolutly impossible. Wildness and forests disappear and Kings looking for there dwelling, still after protecting them are soon gone.

So it's good to put much effort into this soon total disappearing live and attainment, because soon, when arising, will spend only very short time till passing away.

This Dhamma is timeless and open as well here: One who sees the Dhamma, sees the Arahat, seeing/perceiving the Arahat one sees the Dhamma.

May he take the gained here, for the highest goal for himself and the benefit of many.

Mudita
Jack19990101

Re: Arahats today to arise

Post by Jack19990101 »

Sadhu, Bhante.

May Bhante his body doing well, free of illness, enough requisitions.
May all beings doing well, body and mind.
Johann

Re: Arahats today to arise

Post by Johann »

Metta is one way, combined with strong confidence in the Dhamma, once heard, to reach not only borderlands but also arrive at domain of the Noble Ones, having seen Arahat arising for oneself.