AN 5.162 meaning of pasāda - I don't think it means 'confident' here

Explore the ancient language of the Tipitaka and Theravāda commentaries
frank k

AN 5.162 meaning of pasāda - I don't think it means 'confident' here

Post by frank k »

http://notesonthedhamma.blogspot.com/20 ... think.html

I'm not sure on the grammar though, on the causative version of pasāda and who/what the object of confidence is
www.lucid24.org/sted : ☸Lucid24.org🐘 STED definitions
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages
Johann

Re: AN 5.162 meaning of pasāda - I don't think it means 'confident' here

Post by Johann »

The 6 objects of reflections (Buddha, Dhamma, Sangha, ones virtue, Liberality, devalike goodness), good householder, are the basic objects toward calming the mind by cleaning, purification. Those are, how ever, only avaliable for those having a base on them (e.g. Ariya-savaka) or who are actually touched, meet them, right here/there [...And one gains confidence in that person (Gems) who we formerly resented but we are overcome by their confidence inspiring conduct.]

It's good to seach for those very attentive, as the base is hard to be gained. One addicted to Saññās would just gain very losy calm if meeting a "pure translater".

Keeping the Uposatha of the Noble-Ones might give calm. While this here, long time undertaken, the Uposatha of the Cowboys, does not merit much.

Would good householder believe if saying that scholars are incapable to recognize the fifth, as long not willing to surrender?

Yet all open to rejoice with their usual attainments to gain sometimes a calmed mind by meeting a star.

For good householders possible access if able to take part on the share of merits:

Given this Sutta, a devoted Upasika made a read in Khema-language. New gone forth Bhante got it to listen this afternoon, the good finding in regard of mudita by Nyom Frank. Heard, he then, after being asked how he feels, told that he shortly was trampled "Before I always thought that there are no Arahats in this world". Asked then whether he would have a hindrance to not rejoice with himself, a fault, he told that he hasn't and followed then the advice to make now use of this base for calm in seeking seclution.

Would good householder believe if Atma (my person) tells him, that the Buddha, Dhamma, Sangha in pure form arise always at once, right there, in this pattern?
ម្នាលអាវុសោទាំងឡាយ ចិត្តជ្រះថ្លា ព្រោះមកភប់ប្រសព្វនឹងបុគ្គលដែលមានគុណគួរឲ្យជ្រះថ្លាបំផុត។

Oh Avuso, (be/do) citta-satisfied, ifgbecause coming into touch with puggala possessing goodness (guṇa), worthy/proper to give/have highest satisfaction (be satisfied)