Unemployed and poor

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
mario92

Re: Unemployed and poor

Post by mario92 »

Cittasanto wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:14 pm Why would they discriminate?
mario92 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:02 pm
Cittasanto wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:02 am Hi Mario
What jobs are you looking for?
Any time I have been unemployed it has never been for long and I live on a small(ish) island of 80,000 people.
Are you discounting certain lower paid jobs?

Kind regards
Cittasanto
Hello thank you, im looking for internet jobs, i think people discriminate me thats why i cant have a normal job. My past job was with my family bussiness but due to unsecurity i had to leave it. Maybe coding may works i was thinking of it before.
For many reasons is a long story one of them is that, i have gay looking. Maybe low testosterone or karma is the cause. And other reason is that people discriminate people that takes pills for sleep in a really hard way. They are really harsh.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

mario92 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:59 am

Hello thank you, im looking for internet jobs, i think people discriminate me thats why i cant have a normal job. My past job was with my family bussiness but due to unsecurity i had to leave it. Maybe coding may works i was thinking of it before.
For many reasons is a long story one of them is that, i have gay looking. Maybe low testosterone or karma is the cause. And other reason is that people discriminate people that takes pills for sleep in a really hard way. They are really harsh.
Tell us more.
Where do you live?
What kind of work can you do well?
What does your family & friends say?
Why the pills, what pills?
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

mario92 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:59 am

How you look is somewhat adjustable. But your pill taking is no-one elses business so they would only know if you told them.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

mario92 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:02 pm My past job was with my family bussiness but due to unsecurity i had to leave it.
I remember you writing about your work at the family business. That sounds like the ideal job. You still have bosses, but they are (probably) your parents, so will be more forgiving when you make a mistake. Just because they are family, you still have to do your duties and still have to take orders from them. Don't take them for granted and just do that, in my opinion.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

i'd look to get back into the family business. Blood is thicker than water and it's better to rely on family as your boss as opposed to some stranger. I've often wished, especially when i was younger, that my parents owned a business.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thank You all, thanks to My giving to My family and to the Sangha Maybe, i think it created good kamma to be able to be hired by My father as construction worker, i had tried many other options, but i couldnt succeed, but now i have Well paid job and relaxed.
pudai

Post by pudai »

Pointing out personal suffering makes one even poorer especially to people that go through all manners of it intentionally and try to remain quiet about it in body speech and mind...

The silly thing is the 227 rules and ten precepts arent suffering enough for some... I just imagine the average house holder not even knowing precepts and then having to do more than five every full moon; Like oh no kill me now... ! just cant take that suffering. But those are the one's that are really poor and dont even know it... kings and queens of samsara every; One.

My practice isnt that good for those that dont know and maybe the worst for those that do... a heaven opens up I give it the finger a messiah sort shows up I throw them into hell. I simply dont see the four immeasurables as a part of the path to giving up anything... just round after round of ignorance death sickness and rebirth with those four as the support for it.

Spend some time in the bardo(nidana) Sidpa of becoming youll know what I mean with direct experience. dana being a free gift sit in them all as dhamma doors sitting there until someone says yay good for you youve finished buddhism just doesnt happen... its a path that is more often abandoned and philosophized than traveled.

But no I see you as close to free but for some reason want to jump back on the horse that kicked you off instead of sit down and abandon all that does not allow you to live simply.

I'm covered in my own feces of accumulation no matter how many times abandoned it accumulates back through sato sampajano... like sea shells on a beach picked clean then a storm more shells picked clean another storm again and again... the body accumulates and reborn through merit so what good is accumulating that?

my "maras" favorite thing to say is "thou shalt not kill..." but he's the one that threw the cakkra of destruction so :p so until my parinibbana you silly goose; your kamma.
The six senses accommodate; All the factors of existence... The All.
Apart from; The All... Nothing exists.
The senses are empty of a self & what belongs to a self.