Robertk in Bangkok from today

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
robertk

Robertk in Bangkok from today

Post by robertk »

Hi
I will be in Thailand for the first time in almost 3 years . And meeting with the Thai teacher Sujin Boriharnwanaket from 10am July 8 at
the Dhamma study and Support foundation in Bangkok, for discussions on the development of vipassana.
https://goo.gl/maps/ZU64Cagw8h8zauMj7

please come along if interested.
NotMe

Re: Robertk in Bangkok July 8

Post by NotMe »

robertk wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:07 am Hi
I will be in Thailand for the first time in almost 3 years . And meeting with the Thai teacher Sujin Boriharnwanaket from 10am July 8 at
the Dhamma study and Support foundation in Bangkok, for discussions on the development of vipassana.

I am not envious (rinse and repeat, Lee). Sounds marvelous. I'm interested! You paying? Sure, I'll come along then!

Can't wait to hear of your adventures' fruits.

Metta

:anjali:
robertk

Post by robertk »

NotMe wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:38 pm
robertk wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:07 am Hi

I am not envious (rinse and repeat, Lee). Sounds marvelous. I'm interested! You paying? Sure, I'll come along then!

Can't wait to hear of your adventures' fruits.

Metta

I can pay for your taxi fare if you reside in Bangkok? :thumbsup:
NotMe

Post by NotMe »

robertk wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:44 pm I can pay for your taxi fare if you reside in Bangkok? :thumbsup:
How generous of you, with the price of gas .. wait a minute ... they peddle those doohickeys - you are a cheap skate! <grin>

Enjoy! :broke:

Metta

edit to add: They peddle or paddle taxis - like we here in Oklahoma are asked about life in teepees - I have to explain we are more civilized now, we have outhouses & lotsa corncobs 'cause they don't compost easily.
robertk

Post by robertk »

NotMe wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:59 pm
robertk wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:44 pm I can pay for your taxi fare if you reside in Bangkok? :thumbsup:
How generous of you, with the price of gas .. wait a minute ... they peddle those doohickeys - you are a cheap skate! <grin>

Enjoy! :broke:

Metta

edit to add: They peddle or paddle taxis - like we here in Oklahoma are asked about life in teepees - I have to explain we are more civilized now, we have outhouses & lotsa corncobs 'cause they don't compost easily.
ha. I think the last time I was on one of those tricycles that they peddle was in Calcutta - over 20 years ago!
NotMe

Post by NotMe »

robertk wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:55 am ha. I think the last time I was on one of those tricycles that they peddle was in Calcutta - over 20 years ago!
Yeah, that would’ve been about the same time as when I was last in an out house. I imagine they’re both equally scary.

Metta

robertk

Post by robertk »

I am back in Bangkok for a week from this Saturday if anyone wants to meet up.
Will be discussing Dhamma again with Sujin Boriharnwanaket.
robertk

Re: Robertk in Bangkok from today

Post by robertk »

I arrive in Bangkok late tonight and leave Sunday morning if anyone is available to meet. :heart:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Robert,

Enjoy!

:meditate:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
robertk

Post by robertk »

I am meeting with Sujin Boriharnwanaket from August 1 to August 5 everyday for English discussions in Bangkok. People from several countries will be there.
I am staying at a hotel on the river nearby if anyone wants to meet for lunch :)