What simple fruits could I begin to eat? I have sensory issues with most of them.

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
peppersteak

What simple fruits could I begin to eat? I have sensory issues with most of them.

Post by peppersteak »

I'd like to incorporate more fruit into my diet. I a good amount of all the food groups, aside from fruits/veg. I only really eat apples and bananas. I drink fruit juice and often eat food with little elements of fruit, but I struggle with eating the fruit itself. I have sensory issues with quite a few fruits, where the texture and taste is too overwhelming for me and makes me uncomfortable. Peaches are oddly chewy, raspberry fuzz makes my gag reflex act up, and most of them are just. Really overstimulating when it comes to flavor.

What are some fruits that are pretty basic when it comes to taste and texture? I've been considering mangos, the taste of them is fine to me so far.

I need a steady amount of nutrition and energy as my day goes on, or else I just collapse and can't go further.
SarathW

Re: What simple fruits could I begin to eat? I have sensory issues with most of them.

Post by SarathW »

Do you know anything come as a result of a flower is a fruit?
So pumpkin family they all fruits.
Start with them.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
peppersteak

Re: What simple fruits could I begin to eat? I have sensory issues with most of them.

Post by peppersteak »

SarathW wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:37 am Do you know anything come as a result of a flower is a fruit?
So pumpkin family they all fruits.
Start with them.
How would I purchase pumpkins and properly eat them? I've eaten pumpkin pie, but that's the only way I've ever eaten pumpkin.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

The Cucurbitaceae, also called cucurbits or the gourd family, are a plant family consisting of about 965 species in around 95 genera, of which the most important to humans are: Cucurbita – squash, pumpkin, zucchini, some gourds. Lagenaria – calabash, and others that are inedible. Citrullus – watermelon (C.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

If it were me I'd ask for help at my local grocery store. A sort of guided tour of fruit.
lavantien

Post by lavantien »

peppersteak wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:15 am I'd like to incorporate more fruit into my diet.
Berries are the best fruits. It's low on carbs and very high on vitamins.

Avocados come second. It's been the main fruit for many low carbs high protein diets.

Bananas are not so good as you might thought. It's very high in carbs.

Why high carbs are bad you may ask? Because it entices insulin, which will lead to diabetes, fatty liver and a host of other problems.
"Then the Teacher, being sympathetic, and having compassion for the whole world,
said to me, “Come, monk!” That was my ordination.
Staying alone in the wilderness, meditating tirelessly,
I have completed what the Teacher taught, just as the victor advised me.

In the first watch of the night, I recollected my past lives.
In the middle watch of the night, I purified my clairvoyance.
In the last watch of the night, I shattered the mass of darkness."
- KN Thag 12.2
peppersteak

Post by peppersteak »

lavantien wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:00 am
peppersteak wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:15 am I'd like to incorporate more fruit into my diet.
Berries are the best fruits. It's low on carbs and very high on vitamins.

Avocados come second. It's been the main fruit for many low carbs high protein diets.

Bananas are not so good as you might thought. It's very high in carbs.

Why high carbs are bad you may ask? Because it entices insulin, which will lead to diabetes, fatty liver and a host of other problems.
I'm actually in need of some carbohydrates, I'm pretty thin, plus I get low on energy very quickly.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

Kiwi and Smoothies.
Attachments
Kiwi-Smoothie-SpendWithPennies-5.jpg
k_archive_2ada27382b97ac2b28fd6f56fb89e0a349207abe.jpeg
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.