Can monks criticises the behavior of temple supporters?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Joe.c

Re: Can monks criticises the behavior of temple supporters?

Post by Joe.c »

User13866 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:44 am Draw this 'certainly can' out from the texts for me if you can do.
Go look up yourself. There are plenty. Try to widen the knowledge. Don’t be limited.
you wrote: When Ven. Sariputta was ill and Ven. Maha Moggalana arranged special food for him, did Ven. Sariputta not turn over the bowl as soon as he learned that getting that food was no coincidence?
Where is this story in Sutta?

O btw, did you see the quoted phrase? the monk Suggested to him. There can be any situation at that time that he might not explained details that we don’t know.

For example, the monk saw so many food is being wasted when the country (Sri lanka) is in recession/problem etc. Why not ask the supporter to save up for their own good and many more reasons.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

SarathW wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:18 am I was happy he asked me what he like and perhaps it was easy for me too.
Maybe the oil food is inappropriate for him as a lot of Dana is generally very rich.
I am also aware a lot of monks have trouble with food-related sicknesses.
Good. It is 2 way communications and As long it is reasonable.

But if the monk ask for some extravaganza feast, then one might need to be wary. 😅

As Buddha said: Food is used to support the holy life of this physical body, nothing else. As long as the body is comfortable, then it is ok.

Also on AN 9.20
AN 9.20 wrote:…Householder, regardless of whether a gift is coarse or refined, if it is given attentively, respectfully, with one’s own hand, not as if throwing it away, with the view that something will come of it: Wherever the result of that gift comes to fruition, one’s mind will incline to the enjoyment of splendid food, will incline to the enjoyment of splendid clothing, will incline to the enjoyment of splendid vehicles, will incline to the enjoyment of the splendid five strings of sensuality.

And one’s sons & daughters, slaves, servants, & workers will listen to one, will lend ear, will make their minds attend for the sake of knowledge.

Why is that?

Because that is the result of attentive actions.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
User13866

Post by User13866 »

Joe.c wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:40 pm
User13866 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:44 am Draw this 'certainly can' out from the texts for me if you can do.
Go look up yourself. There are plenty. Try to widen the knowledge. Don’t be limited.
What was i thinking asking you this...
asahi

Post by asahi »

It seems oily foods are not good for health . If one is a vegetarian (especially lay people) you might cut down soy bean or beans as too much of it would cause kidneys problem . Monks dont eat after noon hour so it lessen the possibility of burdening to the kidneys .
No bashing No gossiping