The Shambhala Prophecy

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.
Kusala

The Shambhala Prophecy

Post by Kusala »

IT"S HERE...

"The Kalachakra prophesies the gradual deterioration of mankind as the ideology of materialism and consumerism spreads over the earth. As people become divided and battle amongst themselves, resources are plundered, the land is left to die and when the “barbarians” are finally about to take total charge and humanity is at the brink of total annihilation, the Shambhala Warriors emerge.

It is said that this uprising is not an external battle but an uprising from within. An uprising of the heart, with not weapons of destruction but with the sharp sword of inner Discernment, held within the wise sheath of Awareness. With these tools the Shambhala Warriors begin to cultivate compassion, wisdom and love. The Shambhala Warriors are not picked or chosen, they are everyday people that choose to rise up and live in alignment guided by their inner heart compass. "

https://www.shambhalaliving.com.au/podc ... 2147585423
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
Aloka

Re: The Shambhala Prophecy

Post by Aloka »

That's not from the Pali canon nor is it a Theravada teaching, it's the name of an ancient Tibetan Buddhist mythical kingdom.

There's lots of myths and fantasies in Tibetan Buddhism. There's another one about "Gesar of Ling" who's a warrior king and appears at some time or another with an army to save Tibet.

:anjali:
lavantien

Re: The Shambhala Prophecy

Post by lavantien »

I think their main subscription is Hinduism. Not very Dhammic.

"Hindu texts such as Vishnu Purana mention Shambhala as the birthplace of Kalki, the final incarnation of Vishnu who will usher in a new Golden Age. The Prophecy of Shambhala has particular relevance in ancient mythology about the future which seems very relevant today."

Even a blind person can see that the world is going downhill, both sociality and spirituality. I don't trust anyone with courses to sell.
"Then the Teacher, being sympathetic, and having compassion for the whole world,
said to me, “Come, monk!” That was my ordination.
Staying alone in the wilderness, meditating tirelessly,
I have completed what the Teacher taught, just as the victor advised me.

In the first watch of the night, I recollected my past lives.
In the middle watch of the night, I purified my clairvoyance.
In the last watch of the night, I shattered the mass of darkness."
- KN Thag 12.2