Different colour scheme for the forum

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
PeterC86

Re: Different colour scheme for the forum

Post by PeterC86 »

Idappaccayata wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:39 am
PeterC86 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:11 am
Idappaccayata wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:04 am

I know the dynamic mode is slower than static and filter as well, so you might want to try those. Static should be the fastest.
Much faster yes, thanks! This is great! Way better for my eyes.

edit; Have you written a css code that I can try? If so, are you willing to post it? The colour of the static text font could be a little less dark. Else, I might take a dive in the css code world to figure this out for myself somewhere in the future.
I haven't, but I can when I get some extra time this week. Possibly today. I'll post it here!
Only if it pleases you, else don't bother! I am getting used to the text font colour already, and I am already more than satisfied with this tool.
Idappaccayata

Post by Idappaccayata »

PeterC86 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:12 pm
Idappaccayata wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:39 am
PeterC86 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:11 am

Much faster yes, thanks! This is great! Way better for my eyes.

Only if it pleases you, else don't bother! I am getting used to the text font colour already, and I am already more than satisfied with this tool.
No worries, I only messed with it for 5 minutes. There's actually only so much you can target with custom CSS via this filter. There are other extensions that allow for more. Maybe I'll write a custom stylesheet someday if more people want one.

Anyway, feel free to use or discard this as you see fit. I just lightened up the text and lessened the harsh contrast of the background. Just change the mode to static in the extension, then click the orange icon and paste this:

Code: Select all

/* Inline #3 | https://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?p=698562#p698562 */

html,
  body,
  :not([style*="background-color:"]):not(iframe) {
    background-color: rgba(31, 34, 36, 0.86) !important;
  }

:not([style*="border-color:"]),
  ::before,
  ::after {
    border-color: rgba(86, 121, 141, 0.65) !important;
  }

html,
  body,
  :not([style*="color:"]),
  .sr-reader :not([class*="sr-pivot"]) {
    color: rgb(234, 229, 217) !important;
  }

blockquote blockquote blockquote {
    /* background-color: #ebeadd; */
  }

.button:hover,
  .button:focus {
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #f6e3e3, -1px -1px 0 #fff,
      -1px -1px 0 rgba(188, 42, 77, 0.2);
  }

a.button {
    background: #4c4c4c;
  }

A dying man can only rely upon his wisdom, if he developed it. Wisdom is not dependent upon any phenomenon originated upon six senses. It is developed on the basis of the discernment of the same. That’s why when one’s senses start to wither and die, the knowledge of their nature remains unaffected. When there is no wisdom, there will be despair, in the face of death.

- Ajahn Nyanamoli Thero
PeterC86

Post by PeterC86 »

Idappaccayata wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:31 pm No worries, I only messed with it for 5 minutes. There's actually only so much you can target with custom CSS via this filter. There are other extensions that allow for more. Maybe I'll write a custom stylesheet someday if more people want one.

Anyway, feel free to use or discard this as you see fit. I just lightened up the text and lessened the harsh contrast of the background.
Many thanks! I put the rgb of the text border on 140, 140, 140, and of the text font on 180,180,180. Now it is perfect for me! So much more pleasant surfing!

edit; on a second note, the standard static scheme seems better because of the different text font colours, which makes it easier for the mind to differentiate certain pieces of text; like a topic title or username from topic text, etc.

Anyhow, I am more than satisfied, and thank you for putting in the effort and sharing the code!
Idappaccayata

Post by Idappaccayata »

PeterC86 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:58 pm
Idappaccayata wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:31 pm No worries, I only messed with it for 5 minutes. There's actually only so much you can target with custom CSS via this filter. There are other extensions that allow for more. Maybe I'll write a custom stylesheet someday if more people want one.

Anyway, feel free to use or discard this as you see fit. I just lightened up the text and lessened the harsh contrast of the background.
Many thanks! I put the rgb of the text border on 140, 140, 140, and of the text font on 180,180,180. Now it is perfect for me! So much more pleasant surfing!

edit; on a second note, the standard static scheme seems better because of the different text font colours, which makes it easier for the mind to differentiate certain pieces of text; like a topic title or username from topic text, etc.

Anyhow, I am more than satisfied, and thank you for putting in the effort and sharing the code!
No problem at all, you're welcome. Yeah the stylesheet that's applied to static mode is quite limiting for customization. I'm sticking with dynamic mode, personally.
A dying man can only rely upon his wisdom, if he developed it. Wisdom is not dependent upon any phenomenon originated upon six senses. It is developed on the basis of the discernment of the same. That’s why when one’s senses start to wither and die, the knowledge of their nature remains unaffected. When there is no wisdom, there will be despair, in the face of death.

- Ajahn Nyanamoli Thero