Calories

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
tellyontellyon

Calories

Post by tellyontellyon »

What do people think about how many calories we really need. What can sustain us?
🥣
“To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Calories

Post by DNS »

tellyontellyon wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:13 am What do people think about how many calories we really need. What can sustain us?
🥣
See this previous thread and my post here:
viewtopic.php?p=576748#p576748

https://www.calculator.net/bmr-calculator.html

Put in your age, height, and weight you'd like to be. Don't put your current weight if you're overweight because it will come up with a high calorie amount to sustain that. Put the weight that you should be.

We don't need that much! Not too many calories are needed, that's why so many people suffer with obesity, eating well beyond the amount to sustain us. And that's why one meal a day provides plenty of nourishment and calories for the day.
thepea

Post by thepea »

DNS wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:49 pm
tellyontellyon wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:13 am What do people think about how many calories we really need. What can sustain us?
🥣
See this previous thread and my post here:
viewtopic.php?p=576748#p576748

https://www.calculator.net/bmr-calculator.html

Put in your age, height, and weight you'd like to be. Don't put your current weight if you're overweight because it will come up with a high calorie amount to sustain that. Put the weight that you should be.

We don't need that much! Not too many calories are needed, that's why so many people suffer with obesity, eating well beyond the amount to sustain us. And that's why one meal a day provides plenty of nourishment and calories for the day.
One meal doesn’t cut it for high physical jobs where there is no way to regulate or take breaks.
Like concrete finishing, or framing where climbing is continuously going on.
I think one meal a day is good for low physical jobs.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

thepea wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:37 pm One meal doesn’t cut it for high physical jobs where there is no way to regulate or take breaks.
Wrong topic you posted in. This isn't the one meal a day thread. This is about calories, not one meal a day. But yes, those with more physically strenuous activities will need more calories and the link I posted shows that.
thepea

Post by thepea »

DNS wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:56 pm
thepea wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:37 pm One meal doesn’t cut it for high physical jobs where there is no way to regulate or take breaks.
Wrong topic you posted in. This isn't the one meal a day thread. This is about calories, not one meal a day. But yes, those with more physically strenuous activities will need more calories and the link I posted shows that.
The caloric intake is what I was referring to. It’s not a matter of 11:30 eat x amount of calories and you are done for the day. This is the case for meditators and people with low intensity jobs, but for high output work you can’t eat a big lunch and then jump up onto the wall and climb around. You need to eat according to your energy levels. These can fluctuate for many reasons, weather conditions being a big one. When it’s cold you can really use calories in the afternoon to burn and keep you warm.
Sometimes there is a deadline or on concrete pour you can’t just leave you are stuck there until it’s finished which can run into dark. You absolutely have to keep your calories up or you can get dizzy. If you get opportunities to break often then you can recover without calorie intake but when you have to keep going with a certain intensity you have to keep putting calories into the body.
Not the healthiest lifestyle but karmas a bitch.