Stream-entry is Million times harder than Jhana?

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
auto

Re: Stream-entry is Million times harder than Jhana?

Post by auto »

Joe.c wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:50 pm Anyway, i’m not quite sure what you are referring heart. I think you are mixing up some commentaries with Sutta. As i said it is easier to converse face to face and understood the whole vocabularies. Otherwise sometime one just miss the understanding from writing.
haddaya, ceto.
Sutta what mentions fetter in the heart,
https://suttacentral.net/an3.112/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote:This lust in the heart is what I call a fetter.
Etamahaṁ, bhikkhave, saṁyojanaṁ vadāmi yo cetaso sārāgo.
dhamma being object of the fetter,
https://suttacentral.net/vb16/en/thittila?reference=none&highlight=false wrote:The five types of sense consciousness
are objects of the defilements; are objects of the fetters; are objects of the ties; are objects of the floods; are objects of the bonds; are objects of the hindrances; are objects of the perversions; are objects of the attachments; are objects of the corruptions; are neither-good-nor-bad; have objects; are not mental concomitants; are resultants; are grasped (by craving and false view), are objects of the attachments; are not corrupt, are objects of the corruptions;
what sense consciousness is, can read in mn28, it is sakkaya(clinging aggergates)
https://suttacentral.net/mn28/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote:But when the eye is intact internally and exterior sights come into range and there is corresponding engagement, there is the manifestation of the corresponding type of consciousness.
The form produced in this way is included in the grasping aggregate of form. The feeling, perception, choices, and consciousness produced in this way are each included in the corresponding grasping aggregate.
Joe.c wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:50 pm I suggest just practice and drop any commentaries. If there is any commentaries that you want to check, check it with your own practice. Don’t just blindly or logically think it seems ok.
I practice. You should ask or tell directly what you want to know..
Joe.c wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:50 pm As i said all statement in Sutta can be verified any time by one who practice the path. If it can’t be verified, then put it aside and continue to develop and maintain whatever has been developed.
curious, how do you verify 24/7 samadhi with the suttas?
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

auto wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:42 pm haddaya, ceto.
Sutta what mentions fetter in the heart,
https://suttacentral.net/an3.112/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote:This lust in the heart is what I call a fetter.
Etamahaṁ, bhikkhave, saṁyojanaṁ vadāmi yo cetaso sārāgo.
fetter = samyojana
cetaso => related to citta or mind in general. When you reduce the Citta components (Vedana and Sanna), then there will be no desire for anything at all. The mind will become still, clear, pure. The mind will become still + unified then it will not move to the past, present and future. It just stays as an experience.

This is where the power of jhana can be verified.

Also, You need to use other sutta to verify all. Eventually the whole DO will collapse once you have the wisdom. When there is no desire, the fetters will be broken. Then no deeds on any realms.
Auto wrote:dhamma being object of the fetter,
There are only 10 fetters. I don't see dhamma as fetter unless you are talking about the Avijja (last fetter). At least the target for a householder is a Non Returner. Just make sure the 5 low fetters are broken. And weaken the five high fetters or even broke some of them.
https://suttacentral.net/vb16/en/thittila?reference=none&highlight=false wrote:The five types of sense consciousness
are objects of the defilements; are objects of the fetters; are objects of the ties; are objects of the floods; are objects of the bonds; are objects of the hindrances; are objects of the perversions; are objects of the attachments; are objects of the corruptions; are neither-good-nor-bad; have objects; are not mental concomitants; are resultants; are grasped (by craving and false view), are objects of the attachments; are not corrupt, are objects of the corruptions;
When you have brought the Sati from 5 senses to inside. The mind will remain inside. None of the 5 senses object/consciousness can disturb the tranquil/pure/clear/still mind. The mind will know it is freed from 5 senses.

As Sariputta said in SN 47.12 and there is another Sutta.
SN 47.12 wrote:Suppose there was a king’s frontier citadel with fortified embankments, ramparts, and arches, and a single gate. And it has a gatekeeper who is astute, competent, and intelligent. He keeps strangers out and lets known people in. As he walks around the patrol path, he doesn’t see a hole or cleft in the wall, not even one big enough for a cat to slip out. He thinks, ‘Whatever sizable creatures enter or leave the citadel, all of them do so via this gate.’
Auto wrote:what sense consciousness is, can read in mn28, it is sakkaya(clinging aggergates)
I have explained above the sati+wisdom will be there to keep out. The mind will remain still and not engage into the 5 senses or even the mind movement. The whole 5 aggregates become muted due to there is not upadana.

When you are in Jhana: form is just a form/sight, feeling will be reduced on Rupa Jhana --> then feeling is just feeling, Sanna will be reduced (in ayatana) --> then sanna is just sanna, Sankhara also being reduced (perfectly only for an arahant), consciousness will be reduced and ceased on the 8th and sannavedayitanirodha.
Auto wrote: I practice. You should ask or tell directly what you want to know..
Good. :clap:
Auto wrote: curious, how do you verify 24/7 samadhi with the suttas?
There are many parts of Sutta mentioned it. Some of it:
1. Buddha always suggested practice jhana so one doesn't regret it. He meant that if one achieved unification of mind, then one doesn't have to suffer in Sensual Realm or even human realm anymore. Much has been done to end of suffering.
2. Also on Jhana formula, the 3rd jhana say:
.. personally experiencing the bliss of which the noble ones declare, ‘Equanimous and mindful, one dwells (viharati) in bliss.’
This can only means all ariya maintain 3rd jhana in Daily life. 4th jhana will be difficult to maintain in daily life because one needs to perfectly still mind and body.
3. Power of jhana because of developed faculties such as dispassion/cease toward eating lot of food, money, job, family, sex, etc.
4. many more.

That's how I understood.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
auto

Post by auto »

Joe.c wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:11 pm ..
2. Also on Jhana formula, the 3rd jhana say:
.. personally experiencing the bliss of which the noble ones declare, ‘Equanimous and mindful, one dwells (viharati) in bliss.’
This can only means all ariya maintain 3rd jhana in Daily life. 4th jhana will be difficult to maintain in daily life because one needs to perfectly still mind and body.
From sn54.11 can assume that the perfected one still develops the mind. Cultivates samadhi.. what leads to blissful meditation(vi­hārā).
It seem practicing(developing, cultivating) jhana and then dwelling in it are two different instances. Perhaps that's why it is confusing?
https://suttacentral.net/sn54.11/en/sujato?layout=sidebyside&reference=none&notes=asterisk&highlight=false&script=latin wrote: For those mendicants who are perfected—who have ended the defilements, ..
the development and cultivation of immersion due to mindfulness of breathing leads to blissful meditation in the present life, and to mindfulness and awareness.

Ye ca kho te, bhikkhave, bhikkhū arahanto khīṇāsavā vusitavanto katakaraṇīyā ohitabhārā anuppattasadatthā pari­k­khīṇa­bha­vasa­ṁ­yojanā sammadaññāvimuttā, tesaṁ ānāpānassatisamādhi bhāvito bahulīkato diṭṭha­dhamma­sukha­vi­hārāya ceva saṁvattati satisampajaññāya ca.
wrote:For those mendicants who are trainees—who haven’t achieved their heart’s desire,
—the development and cultivation of immersion due to mindfulness of breathing leads to the ending of defilements.
anyway it seem you got to retract or the very least adjust the 24/7 claim.
wrote:“Mendicants, I wish to go on retreat for three months.
“icchāmahaṁ, bhikkhave, temāsaṁ paṭisallīyituṁ.
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

auto wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:28 pm
anyway it seem you got to retract or the very least adjust the 24/7 claim.
No i won't retract. If one lose their samadhi before end of life, that means one will comeback to human world again.

Only things, i will adjust is only one who has fully developed samadhi can stay in samadhi 24/7.

I'll leave it at that.

Good luck.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
auto

Post by auto »

Joe.c wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:34 am ..
ok.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

I think if u reguerly know how to enter jhana and value it over sensual pleasure u can go to brahma world even if we
die on streets

If u die while inside jhana and even its first time u enter jhana then surely rebirth will be in brahma plane
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...