"A rose between two thorns"

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Sam Vara

"A rose between two thorns"

Post by Sam Vara »

A friend just sent me this picture, of Ajahn Sucitto at a meeting at Cittaviveka on Sunday. I'm the thorn on the far side.

Ceisiwr

Re: "A rose between two thorns"

Post by Ceisiwr »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:46 pm A friend just sent me this picture, of Ajahn Sucitto at a meeting at Cittaviveka on Sunday. I'm the thorn on the far side.

You look quite happy. Also a lovely picture on the wall.
“In the same way, great king, when a bhikkhu sees that these five hindrances are unabandoned within himself, he regards that as a debt, as a sickness, as confinement in prison, as slavery, as a desert road.

“But when he sees that these five hindrances have been abandoned within himself, he regards that as freedom from debt, as good health, as release from prison, as freedom from slavery, as a place of safety.”

Sāmaññaphalasutta
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:46 pm A friend just sent me this picture, of Ajahn Sucitto at a meeting at Cittaviveka on Sunday. I'm the thorn on the far side.
:thumbsup: It's good to see photos of the faces behind the words here at DW.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

You look like Robert Deniro. A semi young, good looking gentleman, you do. :twothumbsup:
It/ That / Their
Sam Vara

Post by Sam Vara »

Pondera wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:37 am You look like Robert Deniro. A semi young, good looking gentleman, you do. :twothumbsup:
You're too kind, sir. We're all Goodfellas here...
Radix

Post by Radix »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:46 pm I'm the thorn on the far side.
Don't be so humble, you're not that great.
Sam Vara wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:00 amWe're all Goodfellas here...
There you go!
mjaviem

Post by mjaviem »

Sam Vara wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:00 am
Pondera wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:37 am You look like Robert Deniro. A semi young, good looking gentleman, you do. :twothumbsup:
You're too kind, sir. We're all Goodfellas here...
Yes don't fall to praise. In that picture you look to be practising "this body is not me, not mine, not myself...". Keep at that :tongue:
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Sam Vara wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:46 pm
:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
Johann

Post by Johann »

It's always interesting how physical appearing old act-ually young are... Keeping Uposatha faithful changes both in very quick time, good householder.