SarathW

What is Anuttariya Dhamma?

Post by SarathW »

What is Anuttariya Dhamma?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
santa100

Re: What is Anuttariya Dhamma?

Post by santa100 »

SarathW wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:30 am What is Anuttariya Dhamma?
AN 6.30 wrote:"Bhikkhus, there are these six unsurpassed things. What six? The unsurpassed sight, the unsurpassed hearing, the unsurpassed gain, the unsurpassed training, the unsurpassed service, and the unsurpassed recollection"
Ven. Bodhi's note in "In the Buddha's Words":
The “six things unsurpassed” (cha anuttariya) are explained at AN 6:130: the unsurpassed sight (i.e., the sight of a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed hearing (i.e., hearing the Dhamma from a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed gain (i.e., the gain of faith in a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed training (i.e., training in the higher morality, higher mind, higher wisdom as taught by a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed service (i.e., service to a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed recollection (i.e., the recollection of a Buddha or his disciple). The “four analytical knowledges” (catasso patisambhida) are the analytical knowledges of meaning, doctrine, language, and ingenuity. The fruits of stream-entry, etc., are explained in chapter X
Johann

Post by Johann »

Maybe good to add, good householder, that selling Dhamma books isn't "unsurpassed service", likewise sharing not given, buying Dhamma books isn't "unsurpassed gain", likewise download under comon-creativity. Those are not "unsurpassed sight" if coming across. Hearing via youtube, or i-generated, isn't "unsurpassed hearing".... so possible difficult if to less and back-guiding commentaries on it.

There are tips on how to buy it on https://readingfaithfully.org/book-revi ... khu-bodhi/ ...
santa100

Post by santa100 »

Johann wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:55 pm Maybe good to add, good householder, that selling Dhamma books isn't "unsurpassed service", likewise sharing not given, buying Dhamma books isn't "unsurpassed gain", likewise download under comon-creativity. Those are not "unsurpassed sight" if coming across. Hearing via youtube, or i-generated, isn't "unsurpassed hearing".... so possible difficult if to less and back-guiding commentaries on it.

There are tips on how to buy it on https://readingfaithfully.org/book-revi ... khu-bodhi/ ...
Johann, no such thing as forbidden info from copyrighted Dhamma books, for ultimately, the book author only recites what the truly original author (the Buddha) and His disciples (the various monks who wrote the Comys.) said. If any, we should pay the sum of money to that ultimate original author.
Johann

Post by Johann »

There tip, to where there are tips to buy it, are hopefully understood as point to the i-dot on the peak of not getting the Aṭṭhakathā (meaning) aside the words, good householder.

Maybe paying Robin Hood and his robbers to get it free?

Here we go...
santa100 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:29 pm
Johann wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:55 pm Maybe good to add, good householder, that selling Dhamma books isn't "unsurpassed service", likewise sharing not given, buying Dhamma books isn't "unsurpassed gain", likewise download under comon-creativity. Those are not "unsurpassed sight" if coming across. Hearing via youtube, or i-generated, isn't "unsurpassed hearing".... so possible difficult if to less and back-guiding commentaries on it.

Johann, no such thing as forbidden info from copyrighted Dhamma books, for ultimately, the book author only recites what the truly original author (the Buddha) and His disciples (the various monks who wrote the Comys.) said. If any, we should pay the sum of money to that ultimate original author.
What if following the Anuttariya Dhamma and follow at first, or seek, after those who follow the Anuttariya Dhamma.

Neither the Buddha, nor his disciples, had, do and will be involved in trade and receive even money for teaching. Why? Because the go after real ultimately, and not hypocratical thieves and traded pseudo-liberalism... "free market"

Disciples of cheater can not become sages unless they get it, the meaning and that it doesn't fit to words and deeds.

Why not simply start to keep precepts, abstain from what isn't given, to maybe come in the near of the path and understand Anuttariya Dhamma, which isn't Robin Hood and Ghandi, Jesus... etc. Dhamma.

All to fast do those disappointed former Robin hood supporter forget, once they start to see that there is now a team of Robbing holds stealing from the bad Robin hood, for the poor not able to keep precepts...
Last edited by Johann on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Johann

Post by Johann »

It's hard when not comprehending that Robin hood is just another striving for the Kings throne sponsered by trade... there isn't a way to take refuge in the Sangha, no way to deny goodness or the heir and "steal away" their goodness. Whether they trade openly or hidden via "open source", they are just thieves of kings in bound with those without basic virtues. "Ultimate", lef-right, anarchist. There are no "punks" not taking oppenly or soon or later money and thrones, and go after power.

And it's improper to relay on Russian thief copies while doing war against them. Get it?

Just refrain from taking part either, even if fearing to get not the best food. But this, the given, is Unsurpassed given, service, sign... leading to unsurpassed liberation.

Unsurpassed isn't Common, it's Ariya, like the Sublime Buddha, anutta.

Stealing from a thief is a downfall either, as well as co-working with him, them, or profit knowingly from wrongs.
Last edited by Johann on Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
santa100

Post by santa100 »

If that was the case, then you, yes you, would be the biggest criminal guilty of theft of the Dhamma, for you constantly steal the Buddha's words to bash all other forum members here on DW.
Johann

Post by Johann »

Look, it's like as if a monk would go for alms and knowingly acception alms from villager who think that as long the monk dwells here, no other will cut the forest, and later, as he has worked with us, tolerated, he will not be able to not support the villagers illegal thieving from the King.

And yes, villagers don't like monks not "understanding" their ways and approve "what the poor have to do improper to life". They probably feel later that they had wrongly invested their alms giving, and think he's not ours a thief.

But that is because their are not informed that Dana isn't another way for bribery or solves wrong doing. Not "Alms for wood thief approve" or "free teaching". It's not free, nor withour owner. Again, "Jesus" and Robin hood or Marx Dhamma isn't even Ariya, not to speak of antta.

Later they feel cheated, thought for low, gotten higher. Some try to get ride of those, feeling disturbed in their business, or even banned and killed.

Nevertheless... sometimes in a monastery, such a wood cutter gains faith, listens, goes for refuge and resolves to take what isn't given, understanding it as foolish cutting not only one foot of his away, but both, the King, and the Sanghas, because thinking that will release him from his poor state. He loses tears at this moment, but right here he gained the stream. Others will do on...

Understand unsurpassed Dhamma?
Johann

Post by Johann »

Look, it's like as if a monk would go for alms and knowingly acception alms from villager who think that as long the monk dwells here, no other will cut the forest, and later, as he has worked with us, tolerated, he will not be able to not support the villagers illegal thieving from the King.

And yes, villagers don't like monks not "understanding" their ways and approve "what the poor have to do improper to life". They probably feel later that they had wrongly invested their alms giving, and think he's not ours a thief.

But that is because their are not informed that Dana isn't another way for bribery or solves wrong doing. Not "Alms for wood thief approve" or "free teaching". It's not free, nor withour owner. Again, "Jesus" and Robin hood or Marx Dhamma isn't even Ariya, not to speak of antta.

Later they feel cheated, thought for low, gotten higher. Some try to get ride of those, feeling disturbed in their business, or even banned and killed.

Nevertheless... sometimes in a monastery, such a wood cutter gains faith, listens, goes for refuge and resolves to take what isn't given, understanding it as foolish cutting not only one foot of his away, but both, the King, and the Sanghas, because thinking that will release him from his poor state. He loses tears at this moment, but right here he gained the stream. Others will do on...
that was censured, to let you continue cutting away both foots, as first replay:

What if following the Anuttariya Dhamma and follow at first, or seek, after those who follow the Anuttariya Dhamma.

Neither the Buddha, nor his disciples, had, do and will be involved in trade and receive even money for teaching. Why? Because the go after real ultimately, and not hypocratical thieves and traded pseudo-liberalism... "free market"

Disciples of cheater can not become sages unless they get it, the meaning and that it doesn't fit to words and deeds.

Why not simply start to keep precepts, abstain from what isn't given, to maybe come in the near of the path and understand Anuttariya Dhamma, which isn't Robin Hood and Ghandi, Jesus... etc. Dhamma.

All to fast do those disappointed former Robin hood supporter forget, once they start to see that there is now a team of Robbing holds stealing from the bad Robin hood, for the poor not able to keep precepts...
Understand unsurpassed Dhamma?
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:offtopic:

:offtopic: :focus:
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

santa100 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:50 pm
SarathW wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:30 am What is Anuttariya Dhamma?
AN 6.30 wrote:"Bhikkhus, there are these six unsurpassed things. What six? The unsurpassed sight, the unsurpassed hearing, the unsurpassed gain, the unsurpassed training, the unsurpassed service, and the unsurpassed recollection"
Ven. Bodhi's note in "In the Buddha's Words":
The “six things unsurpassed” (cha anuttariya) are explained at AN 6:130: the unsurpassed sight (i.e., the sight of a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed hearing (i.e., hearing the Dhamma from a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed gain (i.e., the gain of faith in a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed training (i.e., training in the higher morality, higher mind, higher wisdom as taught by a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed service (i.e., service to a Buddha or his disciple); the unsurpassed recollection (i.e., the recollection of a Buddha or his disciple). The “four analytical knowledges” (catasso patisambhida) are the analytical knowledges of meaning, doctrine, language, and ingenuity. The fruits of stream-entry, etc., are explained in chapter X
Thanks.
What is the object of this teaching?
For instance, other religious teachers teach the same.
They think their teaching is the highest.
santa100

Post by santa100 »

Johann wrote:But that is because their are not informed that Dana isn't another way for bribery or solves wrong doing. Not "Alms for wood thief approve" or "free teaching". It's not free, nor withour owner. Again, "Jesus" and Robin hood or Marx Dhamma isn't even Ariya, not to speak of antta.
Are you an Ariyan ? Do you understand the unsurpassed Dhamma? If not, who are you to judge Jesus, Robinhood, etc... ? Now I don't know who you are. But if you're a bhikkhu, please stop your incessant babbling here on DW and spend more time on the cushion, because if you really are a monk, you've presented a severe a case in point of a thief of Dhamma who leeches off the generous support of lay community while doing absolutely nothing good and positive for the good of the Dhamma, others and for yourself.
Last edited by santa100 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
santa100

Post by santa100 »

SarathW wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:05 pm Thanks.
To boost one's inspiration and aspiration I'd guess. And for that, so what if other teachers advocating similar things for their own religions, if it inspires their followers to practice more diligently to advance further on their own Paths? Nothing wrong with that.
Johann

Post by Johann »

santa100 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:37 pm
Johann wrote:But that is because their are not informed that Dana isn't another way for bribery or solves wrong doing. Not "Alms for wood thief approve" or "free teaching". It's not free, nor withour owner. Again, "Jesus" and Robin hood or Marx Dhamma isn't even Ariya, not to speak of antta.
Are you an Ariyan ? Do you understand the unsurpassed Dhamma? If not, who are you to judge Jesus, Robinhood, etc... ? Now I don't know who you are. But if you're a bhikkhu, please stop your incessant babbling here on DW and spend more time on the cushion, because if you really are a monk, you've presented a severe a case in point of a thief of Dhamma who leeches off the generous support of lay community while doing absolutely nothing good and positive for the good of the Dhamma, others and for yourself.
If not heedful, good householder, one is either called one increasing debt, or an Arahat useless burden himself, surely not a thief if not side-taking with Robin Hoods or decouraging to take the bark worthy to violate for the wood.

But right, foolish to sacrifice even short sleep for struggle around with mods censure and people without even basic faith, interested just to cut as much wood as possible while using off the Gems and build fence around occupied lands.

Good for now. The yogis will soon come fresh and calm, to quick go forth alms to then go back into the silent forest hut without any disturbance, wishing it clean as well and busy with reading thieves and introversion.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

santa100 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:41 pm
SarathW wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:05 pm Thanks.
To boost one's inspiration and aspiration I'd guess. And for that, so what if other teachers advocating similar things for their own religions, if it inspires their followers to practice more diligently to advance further on their own Paths? Nothing wrong with that.
ie: Faith.
:thanks: