Could South Korea be the Promised Land for Goenka's Righteous Remnant?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
thepea

Re: Could South Korea be the Promised Land for Goenka's Righteous Remnant?

Post by thepea »

Mumfie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:28 am
thepea wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:41 am No, I cannot confirm anything from Goenkoists in Canada.
Your post does in fact confirm my later impression that yours is a lone battle.
That’s bias not confirmation. You have entered this thread with bias.
Mumfie

Post by Mumfie »

thepea wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 am That’s bias not confirmation. You have entered this thread with bias.
On the contrary, I began the thread mistakenly assuming that there were significant numbers of disaffected Canadian Goenkaists working in alliance with you. This has now been disconfirmed. Had I at the outset been aware of the bleak solitariness of your struggle, I would never have troubled you by starting such a thread. My apologies for any inconvenience.
“Hobgoblin, nor foul fiend,
Shall daunt his spirit;”
John Bunyan, Pilgrim’s Progress II)
thepea

Post by thepea »

Mumfie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:55 am
thepea wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 am That’s bias not confirmation. You have entered this thread with bias.
On the contrary, I began the thread mistakenly assuming that there were significant numbers of disaffected Canadian Goenkaists working in alliance with you. This has now been disconfirmed. Had I at the outset been aware of the bleak solitariness of your struggle, I would never have troubled you by starting such a thread. My apologies for any inconvenience.
Madam, if you feel we/I am righteous then you are part of this remnant group. Buddha started as one then a few grasped his teachings and then a few more. Moral righteousness is in essence purity. No matter if one or a large group.
Remember the story of Sayaghi U Bha Khin when war time and he was in charge of accounting for the money.
He could have easily slacked his duty and this would have been accepted at his position without consequence. But he had to be 100% accountable even in inconvenient times.
This is merely inconvenient times of fear and panic. Let the others lose their equiminity and behave immorally, segregating others in fear based paranoia. I will simply apply pressure to keep them in this fear based trap until they can see their way out. Even as we move into the economic portion of this fear based breakdown, I will hold them to their segratory choices. They are already experiencing a great deal of fear based dis-ease, this cancer will rot them from the core.
sunnat

Post by sunnat »

This present from you has been returned. It is with you. It is yours. You then nurture a tendency to multiply it. It is to your benefit to realise the foolishness of this. Let the good shame wash away the delusions. Relax…
Radix

Post by Radix »

thepea wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:10 amI will simply apply pressure to keep them in this fear based trap until they can see their way out.
What reasons do you have to think that this strategy will work out as you intend?
Western Buddhism is the perfect ideological supplement to rabid consumerist capitalism.
Glenn Wallis
thepea

Post by thepea »

Radix wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:03 pm
thepea wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:10 amI will simply apply pressure to keep them in this fear based trap until they can see their way out.
What reasons do you have to think that this strategy will work out as you intend?
Well, if they remove their stringent safety protocols then I will attend for service. Then from a position inside I can work to destroy it.
I can work in multiple ways, there is no certainty other than the centres eventually will collapse.
Radix

Post by Radix »

thepea wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:59 pm
Well, if they remove their stringent safety protocols then I will attend for service. Then from a position inside I can work to destroy it.
I can work in multiple ways, there is no certainty other than the centres eventually will collapse.
You didn't asnwer my question.

Why do you think that the people at the Goenka center will allow themselves to be changed by you (you using the strategy you outline above)?
Western Buddhism is the perfect ideological supplement to rabid consumerist capitalism.
Glenn Wallis
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

thepea wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:59 pm I can work in multiple ways, there is no certainty other than the centres eventually will collapse.
:coffee:
thepea

Post by thepea »

Radix wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm
thepea wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:59 pm
You didn't asnwer my question.

Why do you think that the people at the Goenka center will allow themselves to be changed by you (you using the strategy you outline above)?
I didn’t say change the people, I mention destruction from within. Sabotage the centre.
thepea

Post by thepea »

cappuccino wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:31 am
thepea wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:59 pm I can work in multiple ways, there is no certainty other than the centres eventually will collapse.
:coffee:
It is a noble truth.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

thepea wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:28 pm It is a noble truth.
There are only four
thepea

Post by thepea »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:30 pm
thepea wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:28 pm It is a noble truth.
There are only four
Impermanence
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

thepea wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:33 pm Impermanence
A quality of existence
thepea

Post by thepea »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:20 pm
thepea wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:33 pm Impermanence
A quality of existence
Exactly
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

thepea wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:21 pm Exactly
You are not meant to weaponize it