Recently I am obsessed with cleaning my shower!

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:D
Recently I learned from a friend that the shower get dirty not because of soap suds or due to your dirty skins.
The main culprit is the mineral residue on water.
So what you should do is just wipe the water droplets from shower after each shower.
Now and then use lemon mix with baking soda and clean the shower.
You have a sparkling shower every day.
:twothumbsup:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
SarathW

Re: Recently I am obsessed with cleaning my shower!

Post by SarathW »

Thanks Sam.

By the way now I have a new stratergy.
I don't go to the shower, but I take a bath in the bath tub.
Perhaps I save water and can enjoy the water for a little bit longer too.
May be a good idea if I can add some salt.

I found it is easy to clean the bath tub more than the shower.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

SarathW wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:34 pm Recently I am obsessed with cleaning my shower!
Recently I learned from a friend that the shower get dirty not because of soap suds or due to your dirty skins.
The main culprit is the mineral residue on water.
So what you should do is just wipe the water droplets from shower after each shower.
Now and then use lemon mix with baking soda and clean the shower.
You have a sparkling shower every day.
:twothumbsup:
Fun fact for you. If you ever notice orange marks around the shower, shower curtain or elsewhere, its likely to be a bacteria called Serratia marcescens
“The teacher willed that this world appear to me
as impermanent, unstable, insubstantial.
Mind, let me leap into the victor’s teaching,
carry me over the great flood, so hard to pass.”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

SarathW wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:34 am I don't go to the shower, but I take a bath in the bath tub.
Actually, typically a shower uses much less water.
Generally, taking a shower uses less water than a full bath. A standard showerhead flows at a rate of 2.5 gallons per minute. This means that a ten-minute shower only uses 25 gallons of water. A full bath can use up to 50 gallons of water. Using these numbers, a shower will use less water in most cases.
https://takecareoftexas.org/about-us/bl ... 20water%20.
(a gallons is about 3.7 liters.)

Sometimes I take two showers a day, but each shower is only about two minutes, so four minutes total = only 10 gallons, still much less than a tub full of water.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

DNS wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:26 am
SarathW wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:34 am I don't go to the shower, but I take a bath in the bath tub.
Generally, taking a shower uses less water than a full bath. A standard showerhead flows at a rate of 2.5 gallons per minute. This means that a ten-minute shower only uses 25 gallons of water. A full bath can use up to 50 gallons of water. Using these numbers, a shower will use less water in most cases.

Sometimes I take two showers a day, but each shower is only about two minutes, so four minutes total = only 10 gallons, still much less than a tub full of water.
Thanks.
But you do not need tub full of water so I will see whether I can mange the bath tub with 2.5 gallons.
By the way why can't we re use bathtub water like in a swimming pool?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

SarathW wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:58 am By the way why can't we re use bathtub water like in a swimming pool?
It would be too dirty, full of bacteria. A swimming pool has loads of chlorine and other chemicals in it.
AgarikaJ

Post by AgarikaJ »

SarathW wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:58 am
DNS wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:26 am
SarathW wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:34 am Perhaps I save water and can enjoy the water for a little bit longer too.

Thanks.
But you do not need tub full of water so I will see whether I can mange the bath tub with 2.5 gallons.
By the way why can't we re use bathtub water like in a swimming pool?
Swimming pool water is heavily filtered and chemically cleaned, else you would have visible algae and bacteria growth within a day.

There are bubble shower heads that blow an air stream into the water, reducing the water outflow by up to 30%, without a noticable difference when standing under the shower -- we have one at our home in Germany, and it really works.

Additionally, if you want to re-use some of your shower water, you might use it to flush the toilet. Having a bucket at your feet is, of course, sub-optimal, but this also works well.

In our house in Thailand the shower outlet actually drains directly through the outside wall into a back garden, where there are several lime and makrut trees: they grow to exceptional sizes due to the constantly wet ground, they are hardy enpugh to not mind soap residue, and both their fruit and leaves are used in daily cooking.

I always had the impression that you live in Sri Lanka, and during my visit there I saw similar setups (however, this was decades ago and in rural areas).
The teaching is a lake with shores of ethics, unclouded, praised by the fine to the good.
There the knowledgeable go to bathe, and cross to the far shore without getting wet.
[SN 7.21]