Yoga Techniques to overcome Sciatica Pain

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
SarathW

Yoga Techniques to overcome Sciatica Pain

Post by SarathW »

Yoga Techniques to overcome Sciatica Pain | Dr. Hansaji Yogendra

The following video is a very good one to watch if you suffer from this common problem.
I have the Sciatica Pain for almost 20 years.
These exercises helped me a lot even though it is not fully cured.
Maybe because I sit at the computer for too long and love eating sugar. :D

I am sure this will help if you have a prostate problem too.

“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Scabrella

Re: Yoga Techniques to overcome Sciatica Pain

Post by Scabrella »

They should make a video called "Yoga Techniques to create Sciatica".
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Scabrella wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:53 am They should make a video called "Yoga Techniques to create Sciatica".
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you.
However, I agree be very careful before you get to the deep waters.
Start slowly.
These technics were shown to me by Western-educated physiotherapists too.
Scabrella

Post by Scabrella »

Like an addiction, where the perceived solution to the problem makes the problem worse, keep stretching what is over-stretched & unnaturally moving into unnatural positions until it snaps and you must visit a surgeon.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Scabrella wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:09 am Like an addiction, where the perceived solution to the problem makes the problem worse, keep stretching what is over-stretched & unnaturally moving into unnatural positions until it snaps and you must visit a surgeon.
Perhaps you are right.
That is why I suggest taking it easy and getting the help of a physiotherapist as well.
I am ok because I am doing Yoga (some forms) as a child too.
I am very flexible compared to many people.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Thanks, that's interesting. The postures involving lying on the back are the same or very similar to those recommended to me by Western physios and osteopaths. I started doing those and my sciatica-style pain lessened. But the problem is I also increased anti-inflammarories in my diet and made a good breakthrough in meditation at the same time, so I don't know what caused the improvement. Life is too short to do scientific experiments on one's own body!

I also think that sciatica-type pain can be caused by a variety of different things. Mine is caused by stenosis of the spine, which stretching won't do much to alleviate.

Good luck with it, anyway, and may everyone benefit from their chosen remedy. :anjali:
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Sam Vara wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:40 am Thanks, that's interesting. The postures involving lying on the back are the same or very similar to those recommended to me by Western physios and osteopaths. I started doing those and my sciatica-style pain lessened. But the problem is I also increased anti-inflammarories in my diet and made a good breakthrough in meditation at the same time, so I don't know what caused the improvement. Life is too short to do scientific experiments on one's own body!

I also think that sciatica-type pain can be caused by a variety of different things. Mine is caused by stenosis of the spine, which stretching won't do much to alleviate.

Good luck with it, anyway, and may everyone benefit from their chosen remedy. :anjali:
Perhaps my problem could be a similar thing perhaps caused by a childhood injury.
Why I can't understand is why it is come and go.
I feel better when I do exercise.
I found eating meat make it worsens me.