Why must an arahant join the monkhood or die?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Mahabrahma

Re: Why must an arahant join the monkhood or die?

Post by Mahabrahma »

I think the Devas are quite kind. In Buddhism the birth of a human in a human body is widely praised. Do you think that the Devas are less mature than a widely intelligent human, who doesn't look at others based on their outward appearance? The Devas have respect for humanity, for even a human birth is rare, and they care about us, hoping to give us the chance at a better life. Do you think that Devas only took notice at Gautama and only helped Him after His Attainment? What was He doing before in the Tusita Heaven? I'm sure He at least made some friends...
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

Mahabrahma wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:20 pm I think the Devas are quite kind. In Buddhism the birth of a human in a human body is widely praised. Do you think that the Devas are less mature than a widely intelligent human, who doesn't look at others based on their outward appearance? The Devas have respect for humanity, for even a human birth is rare, and they care about us, hoping to give us the chance at a better life. Do you think that Devas only took notice at Gautama and only helped Him after His Attainment? What was He doing before in the Tusita Heaven? I'm sure He at least made some friends...
I think you are hallucinating now. :) Comeback to reality. Go find out yourself, don't just dream too much.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
May you gain unshakable confidence in Buddha, Dhamma and (Ariya) Sangha.
Learn about Buddha/Dhamma Characters.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

Well I'm mentioning only things I've read and heard in Buddhism. If you call the Buddha's Teachings a hallucination someone may interpret that as slander of the Dharma. So is "my Buddhism is superior to your Buddhism" except when establishment of a School of Buddhism is being met. It's okay though. I know you mean well. At least you are engaging me in conversation.

-Dhammapada.
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

Mahabrahma wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:33 pm Well I'm mentioning only things I've read and heard in Buddhism. If you call the Buddha's Teachings a hallucination someone may interpret that as slander of the Dharma. So is "my Buddhism is superior to your Buddhism" except when establishment of a School of Buddhism is being met. It's okay though. I know you mean well. At least you are engaging me in conversation.
That is why a silly folk is easily being misled by someone. You only read and heard. Never SEE for yourself. You should ask how you can see it for yourself.

In Buddha teaching there is no BLIND FAITH EVER. Everything can be proven NOW (well as long as you have the faculties).

Don't wait till you death to find out you are going to lower realm. That will be TOO LATE. No DEVA, no Buddha can help. Not Even your family can help.
May you be relax, happy, comfortable and free of dukkhas from hearing true dhamma.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

cappuccino will help me :coffee: .

-Dhammapada.
[james]

Post by [james] »

Joe.c wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:53 pm
In Buddha teaching there is no BLIND FAITH EVER. Everything can be proven NOW (well as long as you have the faculties).

Don't wait till you death to find out you are going to lower realm. That will be TOO LATE. No DEVA, no Buddha can help. Not Even your family can help.
Amazingly enough, as long as one remains within the ebbs and flows of samsara, it can never be too late.
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

Mahabrahma wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:45 pm cappuccino will help me :coffee: .
Cappuccino will be left behind as well. Those are human food. 😅

Don't get too attach to it, otherwise who know you will get another birth as the insect near the coffee plant. 😁😁
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Joe.c wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:32 am Cappuccino will be left behind as well.
Left behind?
Joe.c

Post by Joe.c »

If he died, are you going with him to help him? 😅
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Joe.c wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:42 am If he died, are you going with him to help him? 😅
If he has Faith he should be fine