should i get the bivalent covid vaccine

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

should i get the bivalent covid vaccine

yes
29%
no
71%

Total votes: 17

User13866

Re: should i get the bivalent covid vaccine

Post by User13866 »

Abstract
Introduction: In 2020, prior to COVID-19 vaccine rollout, the Brighton Collaboration created a priority list, endorsed by the World Health Organization, of potential adverse events relevant to COVID-19 vaccines. We adapted the Brighton Collaboration list to evaluate serious adverse events of special interest observed in mRNA COVID-19 vaccine trials.

Methods: Secondary analysis of serious adverse events reported in the placebo-controlled, phase III randomized clinical trials of Pfizer and Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in adults (NCT04368728 and NCT04470427), focusing analysis on Brighton Collaboration adverse events of special interest.

Results: Pfizer and Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccines were associated with an excess risk of serious adverse events of special interest of 10.1 and 15.1 per 10,000 vaccinated over placebo baselines of 17.6 and 42.2 (95 % CI -0.4 to 20.6 and -3.6 to 33.8), respectively. Combined, the mRNA vaccines were associated with an excess risk of serious adverse events of special interest of 12.5 per 10,000 vaccinated (95 % CI 2.1 to 22.9); risk ratio 1.43 (95 % CI 1.07 to 1.92). The Pfizer trial exhibited a 36 % higher risk of serious adverse events in the vaccine group; risk difference 18.0 per 10,000 vaccinated (95 % CI 1.2 to 34.9); risk ratio 1.36 (95 % CI 1.02 to 1.83). The Moderna trial exhibited a 6 % higher risk of serious adverse events in the vaccine group: risk difference 7.1 per 10,000 (95 % CI -23.2 to 37.4); risk ratio 1.06 (95 % CI 0.84 to 1.33). Combined, there was a 16 % higher risk of serious adverse events in mRNA vaccine recipients: risk difference 13.2 (95 % CI -3.2 to 29.6); risk ratio 1.16 (95 % CI 0.97 to 1.39).

Discussion: The excess risk of serious adverse events found in our study points to the need for formal harm-benefit analyses, particularly those that are stratified according to risk of serious COVID-19 outcomes. These analyses will require public release of participant level datasets.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36055877/
User13866

Post by User13866 »

Appendix 1: estimation of number
needed to vaccinate to prevent a
COVID-19 hospitalisation for
primary vaccination, booster
vaccination (3rd dose), autumn
2022 and spring 2023 booster for
those newly in a risk group
Screenshot_20230208-144930_Drive.jpg
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rd-dose-au
User13866

Post by User13866 »

I'll humour you by quoting from Arkmedic's substack post of Dec 25, 2022 titled "It Doesn't Matter".
It’s been an interesting few weeks in the “COVID conspiracy™” arena (yes that’s us, apparently). Reports of infighting abound - which is bizarre because most of what we have been predicting has come to fruition, particularly the Iatrocide fomented by governments with a combination of lockdowns, masks and the worst vaccines ever.
So, you would think that “Team Reality” (aka #mousearmy) would be chilling on a beach sipping margaritas from their “told you so” mugs.
Not so, apparently. If we haven’t suffered enough over the last three years of medical and scientific fascism. Our beach margarita ended up more like
https://arkmedic.substack.com/p/it-doesnt-matter
thepea

Post by thepea »

DNS wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:00 pm
JamesTheGiant wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:08 pm I thought Covid discussion on Dhammawheel was forbidden as of a few weeks ago?
retro announced that they would end on March 17, 2023. Not that much longer. :tongue:

viewtopic.php?t=44564
May I inquire as to why this topic is forbidden?
It is a divisive topic regarding morality and free will. But the censorship doesn’t seem a peaceful resolution either as one side wants to openly discuss things snd the other side demands silence.
Why can’t there be “the great Covid debate” like other topics and chuck everything Covid related in there snd let those who wish hash out the discrepancies.
The dhamma path is not about suppression as I have been taught and come to experience. You can argue it’s not dhamma related or political which in part is true but the forced vaccine/mask/testing requirements that have occured are very valid to morality, right livlihood, right action, especially for layman.

Can we have a great Covid thread?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

NAD wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:44 pm Hi DNS, what are the grounds for banning a particular topic and how does that align with TOS please?
thepea wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:34 pm May I inquire as to why this topic is forbidden?
It is a divisive topic regarding morality and free will. But the censorship doesn’t seem a peaceful resolution either as one side wants to openly discuss things snd the other side demands silence.
Why can’t there be “the great Covid debate” like other topics and chuck everything Covid related in there snd let those who wish hash out the discrepancies.
In the terms of service, section 2.k.
k. Content of a political or economic nature that is not in traced back to Theravada doctrine. (Such discussion is allowed at Dharma Paths)
The covid and vaccination issues are highly politically charged and divisive. Although, we have made some exceptions. You both might notice you are posting in this thread, which is still up and active?

And there is also this long thread:
viewtopic.php?t=40114
thepea

Post by thepea »

DNS wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:59 pm
NAD wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:44 pm Hi DNS, what are the grounds for banning a particular topic and how does that align with TOS please?
thepea wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:34 pm May I inquire as to why this topic is forbidden?
In the terms of service, section 2.k.
k. Content of a political or economic nature that is not in traced back to Theravada doctrine. (Such discussion is allowed at Dharma Paths)
The covid and vaccination issues are highly politically charged and divisive. Although, we have made some exceptions. You both might notice you are posting in this thread, which is still up and active?

And there is also this long thread:
viewtopic.php?t=40114
Yes... I agree 100% that it’s politically and economically motivated. But it crosses into morality as it segregates.
WW2 and what happened to the jews is an extreme but this segregation of society is immoral. I doubt any would argue that the torturing and killing of the Jews was not immoral, or the segregation of race with blacks not allowed on the bus, etc.... these issues are not dhamma related but they are not morally acceptable in dhamma circles either. But along comes medical segregation and it’s hush hush we don’t talk about this. Isn’t this the same pattern of immoral destructive behaviour that continuously repeats itself?
I’m certain the Germans were not allowed to express their acceptance of the Jews or if they felt it immoral what was happening to them.

The conversation here has been limited at best and now it’s ending completely in a month. How is this even rationally sane? Are those deeply impacted to simply suppress the harm and distress? Is this just to be swept under the rug?
Where in the dhamma teachings is suppression to be used?
SDC

Post by SDC »

Please heed the advice of Ceisiwr and dharmacorps
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

thepea wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 pm ...torturing and killing .. these issues are not dhamma related...
They are Dhamma related. In fact to stop the torturing and killing of living beings was the very purpose of Buddha's advent.
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
NAD

Post by NAD »

SDC wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:06 pm Please heed the advice of Ceisiwr and dharmacorps
But didn’t they say the internet isn’t a good place to take advice? :mrgreen:
SDC

Post by SDC »

NAD wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:05 pm
SDC wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:06 pm Please heed the advice of Ceisiwr and dharmacorps
😬
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
thepea

Post by thepea »

Mahabrahma wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:13 pm
thepea wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 pm ...torturing and killing .. these issues are not dhamma related...
They are Dhamma related. In fact to stop the torturing and killing of living beings was the very purpose of Buddha's advent.
Yes, they are they have to do with morality the base of practice. My point is WW2 and Covid are both one in the same, given that these are both political/economical events I wonder why discussions about war and killing are allowed here but Covid and medical segregation is not allowed to openly be discussed as a moral issue.
Should I take the vaccine or not is a free choice. Take the vaccine or lose your job is coercion or a decision made under duress. It’s like giving the Jewish the choice move into the ghetto or be killed. This is ultimately a choice but it is under duress which eliminated freedom. This is a breach of the peace which is immoral and a breach of the precepts. With the Covid logic here no discussion of war should be allowed, but they are.
Why is this different? Is it because it’s so current?
Is it because the site will lose its ability to operate on the internet?
I would very much like to put this topic to rest, but I’m not there yet. Suppression seems cruel.
Why is Covid and medical mandates not a moral issue?
How does the manager who coerces his female staff to have sex with him or lose their position differ from the manager who says if you don’t take a needle you lose your job?
User13866

Post by User13866 »

thepea wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 pm this segregation of society is immoral.
It's not that we don't talk about it because it's no big deal.

It's rather because it's too big of a deal and too complicated.
Last edited by User13866 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thepea

Post by thepea »

User13866 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:25 pm
thepea wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 pm this segregation of society is immoral.
It's not that we don't talk about because it's no big deal.

It's rather because it's too big of a deal and too complicated.
To complicated for dhamma practitioners???
Observing death is the practice. The birth of a breath followed by it death. The arising of some sensation followed by its passing away.
Do you realize in the beginning of this I went to a Vipassana centre and witnessed the staff panicked at the site of an unmasked man, a past friend and old student. “You can’t be here you’ll kill someone!”
How is this dhamma practice? It’s fear fear fear!
Dhammists locking themselves in bubbles in fear of the invisible threat. Dhamma is to see the truth as it is. I have yet to see this invisible threat and I’ve been looking for it.
Caught up in imaginary fear. Is this the practice? To watch the news and get caught up in the next political threat?
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Medical advice, from people who generally don’t understand the topic. Some people seem to think a few YouTube videos and learning some long words (that they don’t really grasp) makes them knowledgable.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 pm
Medical advice, from people who generally don’t understand the topic. Some people seem to think a few YouTube videos and learning some long words (that they don’t really grasp) makes them knowledgable.
That type of comment or conversation should not be allowed, IMO.
The medical science has nothing to do with the dhamma aspect of Covid.
Dhamma is about morality, concentration and wisdom.
Morality is the only thing relevant to Covid.
Is Covid a deadly global virus, or is it simply the year to year flu hijacked? All virus has the potential to be deadly to those who are weak.
The idea of protecting the population from Covid spread was cute in the beginning even though it was illogical given the global trade required to keep the world functioning.
Once it was detected in other parts of the world logic would dictate Pandora is out of the box. Let er rip and get on with life servicing the weak and immune compromised.
What we saw was absolute insanity and divisive cruelty at a global level never before experienced.
This was/is immoral and you if I can quote you correctly, “ don’t want any contact with the unvaccinated” as you feel this a right of some sort. That attitude just seems disgusting to me.