Population control

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Mahabrahma

Re: Population control

Post by Mahabrahma »

thepea wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:08 am
Mahabrahma wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:29 pm The leaders of those big Indoctrinated Societies still come to Mansions of millionaires after talking about their new book, to get them as their followers so they can build new Temples. I see this on "Hinduism." In Christianity they're always begging on TV for donations, building gigantic Stadium Churches. There's a new way to beg, and even in Buddhism there's a new way to be a monk. However, if you aren't part of some kind of Sangha it is possible to lose your Meditational practice after a few months as the waves of life sweep you away. So understand the importance of being around fellow Practitioners. It's important to find a Sangha. Begging is easy, but to do it with more ownership of your respect, it's better to do it around people who will welcome you both in a city and in a Temple. However, when I lived in a tree to prevent it from being cut down, learning things about Buddhism, we would get an overflow of food from the city, because many supported our efforts to save trees in our liberal town.
Your straying from the point. I’m interested in knowing if in buddhas time a man could simply park himself under a tree in forest as Buddha did and beg for their meals, or is this illegal now unless part of a registered corporation(sangha).
Well wouldn't you know this by now? Different countries have different laws but there's such thing as public property, private property, animal habitats, etc...
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
thepea

Re: Population control

Post by thepea »

Mahabrahma wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:33 am
thepea wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:08 am
Mahabrahma wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:29 pm The leaders of those big Indoctrinated Societies still come to Mansions of millionaires after talking about their new book, to get them as their followers so they can build new Temples. I see this on "Hinduism." In Christianity they're always begging on TV for donations, building gigantic Stadium Churches. There's a new way to beg, and even in Buddhism there's a new way to be a monk. However, if you aren't part of some kind of Sangha it is possible to lose your Meditational practice after a few months as the waves of life sweep you away. So understand the importance of being around fellow Practitioners. It's important to find a Sangha. Begging is easy, but to do it with more ownership of your respect, it's better to do it around people who will welcome you both in a city and in a Temple. However, when I lived in a tree to prevent it from being cut down, learning things about Buddhism, we would get an overflow of food from the city, because many supported our efforts to save trees in our liberal town.
Your straying from the point. I’m interested in knowing if in buddhas time a man could simply park himself under a tree in forest as Buddha did and beg for their meals, or is this illegal now unless part of a registered corporation(sangha).
Well wouldn't you know this by now? Different countries have different laws but there's such thing as public property, private property, animal habitats, etc...
I am Bv aware of the land with which we live with. I share more of a North American native concept of land and ownership. Where by we live with the land. North American natives up until 450 years ago would roam the land as the Buddha with the difference being they would hunt and forage where Buddha was a beggar.
Today in North America this way of roaming is illegal, I’m asking if this is illegal in India now? And was this also illegal in buddhas time as he was not part of a sangha as far as I know when he alone went into the forest to begin his practices?