Pretty new here

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
SecretSage

Pretty new here

Post by SecretSage »

I'm pretty new here but haven't written any introduction yet.

I was never really interested in Buddhism or religion but my own personal experiences led me to believe that Theravada is the real true teaching. Having no way to deny my own personal experiences I kept reading the Theravada scriptures and a lot of it kept matching to my personal experiences and observations so I thought it must be true or inspired by a true source.

This is the best Theravada forum I could find people are quite knowledgeable here unlike on other forums and sites where popular media seems to be their main source of information on early Buddhism.

I've always been a very scientific logical-minded person. I've done all types of experiments confirming my personal observations and findings. Criticizing and scrutinizing myself and my own claims helps me arrive closer towards the truth.

My goal is to achieve arahantship or the ending of all mental defilements or what I call "the highest enjoyment" here and now in this lifetime...I won't stop until I figure it all out. Then if I do I'll reveal all the details I've discovered.

It's difficult as a lay person living in the US to practice with all these distractions...but oh well hopefully I'll still figure it out.
"You yourselves must strive; the Buddhas only point the way"
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Pretty new here

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Pretty new here

Post by Sam Vara »

Welcome, SecretSage. :anjali:
SarathW