Reptilian conspiracy theory

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Kusala

Reptilian conspiracy theory

Post by Kusala »

I'm sure most of you heard of the reptilian conspiracy theory. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian ... acy_theory When I first heard about it, I thought it was pretty silly. Shape shifting reptilians plotting to take over humanity...OK. :thinking: However, this whole reptilian thing caught my interest when I came across a story in one of the suttas where a Naga(Reptilian) transformed into a Buddhist monk...

Personally, I believe Nagas, Devas, and other powerful beings exists...I just don't think they're trying to take over humanity...

Do you subscribe to the reptilian conspiracy theory?
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
Dan74

Re: Reptilian conspiracy theory

Post by Dan74 »

No.

It feeds into and exploits the paranoia and confusion about the world many of us have to varying extent. Best to look at what makes such things attractive and learn a thing or two about oneself.
_/|\_
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

It sounds like nonsense to me.

I suspect ridiculous things like this and flat earth conspiracies are perputated only so that people can label them as "conspiracy theories", and then use the ridiculousness of these particular theories to discredit conspiracy theories en masse, and in doing so, smear and gaslight anyone who would dare to point out actual malfeasance and corruption in this world.

:spy:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Put it another way around.
Will the Americans or Chinese (or any human one day) invade another planet?
Did red Indians or Australian aborigines ever think that there will be an invasion and destroy their lives?
Do non-Buddhist enter Buddhist clergy in order to destroy Buddhism?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

retrofuturist wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:55 am Greetings,

It sounds like nonsense to me.

I suspect ridiculous things like this and flat earth conspiracies are perputated only so that people can label them as "conspiracy theories", and then use the ridiculousness of these particular theories to discredit conspiracy theories en masse, and in doing so, smear and gaslight anyone who would dare to point out actual malfeasance and corruption in this world.

:spy:

Metta,
Paul. :)
I believe this qualifies as a meta-conspiracy theory! :jawdrop:
_/|\_
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

i think its possible..

and because Buddhism talks a lot about reptilian beings (Nagas), this makes Buddhism closer to this theory
Reptilian Beings Emerged During Government-Funded Psychedelic Studies
https://downthechupacabrahole.com/2021/ ... c-studies/

Reptilian Beings Emerged During CIA’s Interdimensional Experiments
https://downthechupacabrahole.com/2022/ ... periments/
In a Rosewood Forest - Sīsapāvanasutta - SN 56.31

In a siṁsapā grove, the Buddha holds up a handful of leaves, and compares it to all the leaves in the forest. So too, he has taught the four noble truths, which is only a fraction of what he knows.

https://suttacentral.net/sn56.31/en/bod ... ight=false
:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. There is no evidence, it's pure nonsense.
Meggo

Post by Meggo »

retrofuturist wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:55 am I suspect ridiculous things like this and flat earth conspiracies are perputated only so that people can label them as "conspiracy theories", and then use the ridiculousness of these particular theories to discredit conspiracy theories en masse, and in doing so, smear and gaslight anyone who would dare to point out actual malfeasance and corruption in this world.
This is a conspiracy theory in itself.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

Don't be spesceist or racist against the Reptilians!!!
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
TRobinson465

Post by TRobinson465 »

This is no different than the Q-Anon, the sharia law is going to take over Kansas conspiracy, everybody and their mom who has a different political view than me are Hitler worshippers conspiracy etc. Just fabricated nonsense that spread online and ppl beleive based on made up logic.

There are certain things I do think ppl confuse with devas/nagas. Loch Ness monster sightings over hundreds of years for instance I think could have been people who simply saw nagas.
"Do not have blind faith, but also no blind criticism" - the 14th Dalai Lama

"The Blessed One has set in motion the unexcelled Wheel of Dhamma that cannot be stopped by brahmins, devas, Maras, Brahmas or anyone in the cosmos." -Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta