question ordination

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
mario92

question ordination

Post by mario92 »

Hello i used pirate software in university, which i regret greatly, but i left using them some months after graduation, 5 years ago, 1-.can i ordain if i used them? 2-.is it considered to be in debt? 3-.and if so how to pay them back? 4-.am i considered a criminal and not being able to ordain?
SarathW

Re: question ordination

Post by SarathW »

1-.can i ordain if i used them? Yes
2-.is it considered to be in debt? No
3-.and if so how to pay them back?
4-.am i considered a criminal ? I don't think it is a criminal offense Perhaps civil.
5 not being able to ordain? You can ordain
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
mario92

Post by mario92 »

SarathW wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:47 am 1-.can i ordain if i used them? Yes
2-.is it considered to be in debt? No
3-.and if so how to pay them back?
4-.am i considered a criminal ? I don't think it is a criminal offense Perhaps civil.
5 not being able to ordain? You can ordain
Thank you Sarath
Goofaholix

Post by Goofaholix »

mario92 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:23 am Hello i used pirate software in university, which i regret greatly, but i left using them some months after graduation, 5 years ago, 1-.can i ordain if i used them? 2-.is it considered to be in debt? 3-.and if so how to pay them back? 4-.am i considered a criminal and not being able to ordain?
The rule is about stopping people from ordaining as a way to escape debt or from being convicted by the law. Are you aware of a warrant out for your arrest? Is a collection company pursuing you to make a payment? If not you're fine.
Pronouns (no self / not self)
“Peace is within oneself to be found in the same place as agitation and suffering. It is not found in a forest or on a hilltop, nor is it given by a teacher. Where you experience suffering, you can also find freedom from suffering. Trying to run away from suffering is actually to run toward it.”
― Ajahn Chah
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Goofaholix wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:01 am
mario92 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:23 am Hello i used pirate software in university, which i regret greatly, but i left using them some months after graduation, 5 years ago, 1-.can i ordain if i used them? 2-.is it considered to be in debt? 3-.and if so how to pay them back? 4-.am i considered a criminal and not being able to ordain?
The rule is about stopping people from ordaining as a way to escape debt or from being convicted by the law. Are you aware of a warrant out for your arrest? Is a collection company pursuing you to make a payment? If not you're fine.
Thank you Goofaholix, it is clear now.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thank you i am thinking in ordaining or at least living in monastery sooner.