Performance-Enhancing drugs

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
StrivingforMonkhood

Re: Performance-Enhancing drugs

Post by StrivingforMonkhood »

bpallister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:13 am I know it's not consistent with the dhamma and something that i will need to set aside at some point.
:anjali:

May you fulfill your deepest wish for happiness.
May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness

We are already Buddha
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

Thank you, friend. May you, as well.
samseva

Post by samseva »

bpallister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:13 am tbh, at my age i do it more to motivate myself to get and stay in the gym. i generally do low doses and just aim for the lean but muscular look. I know it's not consistent with the dhamma and something that i will need to set aside at some point.
It's good you're realizing it's not in line with dhamma. If you do it, it's best to also fully know what you're doing. At least it's by conscious choice, and you're not lying to yourself.

About muscular looks, and age, have you tried paleo? You can get real lean with that, and the diet is actually good (meat, roasted vegetables, and you can even eat a bit of rice). It could even help with dysthymia that you mentioned. Natural exercise would also improve your physique, health and general happiness. It'll maybe take more time to get that very muscular look, but with a bit of meditation, wanting this will probably dissipate, and you'll instead want a basic but nice look, easily obtainable from diet and a bit of enjoyable exercise. :smile:
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

I have tried paleo, but I’ve been vegan for almost 4 years, so I don’t think that would work. I was in really good shape before I was even on ped’s. Just started getting older and hitting plateaus. Acquiring ped’s became my hobby within a hobby
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:03 pm Why improve something like appearance, which is empty of inherent existence?

I could see plastic surgery, though, for a child or adult who is made fun of because of a physical deformity (to some degree). The surgery could alleviate some suffering while interacting with the world. Likewise, it is good to lose weight and feel healthy, as it reduces suffering in everyday life (you should honor your body, but not cling to it). We must not cling to anything, including good health, I suppose.

i admit i overly cling to my body when it comes to fitness.
StrivingforMonkhood

bpallister wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:47 ami admit i overly cling to my body when it comes to fitness.
But you are aware of this, and this is fantastic. Everything begins with awareness, dear friend.

I love you!

Peace and enlightenment.

We are already Buddha
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Coffee enhances my performance. It depends where you draw the line. :shrug:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:20 pm
bpallister wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:47 ami admit i overly cling to my body when it comes to fitness.
But you are aware of this, and this is fantastic. Everything begins with awareness, dear friend.

I love you!

Peace and enlightenment.
Thank you, my friend. I love you as well.
StrivingforMonkhood

Dear everyone,

I became a delusional with anger last night. I felt so aware when I was so angry, but still became a slave to anger.

Please wish me well on my journey to become more enlightened.

We are already Buddha
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

i have been off the steroids and growth hormone for almost six months. I may have fatty liver, so might have to get off of all that stuff for good. i have used a little clenbuterol and thyroid meds to lose some weight tho. trying to get the fat off my liver.