Got good exercise today

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
peppersteak

Got good exercise today

Post by peppersteak »

Today, I went down to a harbor in my city and rode my bike for 2 miles there. Practiced mindfulness and payed attention to how it felt in motion, how my body eventually needed a break, how I felt happier, and my environment (wind, temperature, sky, humidity.)

Been trying to go on my bike more frequently, I'm physically pretty weak at the moment and I need to get conditioned to more physical activity and grow my stamina, I've been eating more diverse foods too. Compared to last week (when i had pretty bad mental health stuff happening,) I've seen myself heal, get stronger, and became happier. Feeling hopeful for mangoes being in season because I've been interested in adding them to my diet
NAD

Re: Got good exercise today

Post by NAD »

Good for you, I’m happy for you buddy.
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

Exercise has tremendous benefits. I often feel noticeably better after exercising to the point of a sweat. It releases a chemical called BDNF (Brain derived neurotropic factor)

Check it out.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

I am planning to increase my physical activities during spring and after the cold weather recedes.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:twothumbsup:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
befriend

Post by befriend »

I heard a Dhamma teacher say after people exercise their meditation goes better he's says this happens to everyone. Bhante gunaratana walks quickly 5 miles a day probably why he's aged well
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

befriend wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 pm I heard a Dhamma teacher say after people exercise their meditation goes better he's says this happens to everyone. Bhante gunaratana walks quickly 5 miles a day probably why he's aged well
Does he? i love Bhante G :heart:
befriend

Post by befriend »

Have you read his book 8 mindful steps to happiness? It's basically how to practice the 8 fold path in an easy to understand way. It's so clear.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

i did over 13,000 steps today and hit the heavy bag at the gym. :woohoo: