Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Batasari

Hello

Post by Batasari »

Hello friends
I was introduced to meditation by a Transcendental Meditation teacher many years ago when I was around twentyfive. Since then meditation has been a large part of my life. I feel it has enabled me to keep my head above water.

In the 1990s, I became interested in Theravada Buddhism after reading the excellent book Insight Meditation by Joseph Goldstein. Now, after my retirement, I have more time for books, videos and podcasts on Buddhism, in general, and on Theravada Buddhism, in particular. That is nice.

I stumbled on this forum today. It looks like a great place to learn about Theravada tradition and to exchange ideas. I thank the Forum Organisers for setting up this forum and managing it.
Dhammapardon

Re: Hello

Post by Dhammapardon »

Welcome. This place is full of interesting resources. I hope you find what you're looking for. :hello:
Just as a bird, wherever it goes, flies with its wings as its only burden; so too is he content with a set of robes to provide for his body and almsfood to provide for his hunger. Wherever he goes, he takes only his barest necessities along. This is how a monk is content.(DN11)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”