CMV:There is a God,and he is absolutely one(Neoplatonism,sufism,islamic neoplatonism)

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Tutareture

CMV:There is a God,and he is absolutely one(Neoplatonism,sufism,islamic neoplatonism)

Post by Tutareture »

it is more perfect and noble to be uniquely divine.

and to be divine is a nobility and perfection and vice versa.

beings with specific divine natures and shared divine natures are composed beings,dependant on those parts to exist and thus created and not self-sufficient or ase which is a divine attribute necessarily.

to be ase/divine is to be specifically divine/ase.

without a unconditioned conditioner of all things,nothing could have it's conditions met and thus nothing would exist.

infinite conditioned conditioners=nothing can ever have it's conditions met at any point in time or in the series,since you can never reach infinity

finite conditioned conditioners=nothing could ever exist because the last in the finite series must be self-sufficient,or it would not have it's conditions met being last but having nothing to condition it.
to be unconditioned=to be uncomposed and ase(self-sufficient existance).

Qul hu allahu AHAD allahu SAMAD

AHAD=totally uncomposed,total unicity,not numerical oneness like 'wahid'.

Samad=totally free from anything and self-sufficient

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “Had there been other gods besides Him—as they claim—then they would have certainly sought a way to ˹challenge˺ the Lord of the Throne.”مَا ٱتَّخَذَ ٱللَّهُ مِن وَلَدٍۢ وَمَا كَانَ مَعَهُۥ مِنْ إِلَـٰهٍ ۚ إِذًۭا لَّذَهَبَ كُلُّ إِلَـٰهٍۭ بِمَا خَلَقَ وَلَعَلَا بَعْضُهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍۢ ۚ سُبْحَـٰنَ ٱللَّهِ عَمَّا يَصِفُونَ ٩١

Allah has never had ˹any˺ offspring, nor is there any god besides Him. Otherwise, each god would have taken away what he created, and they would have tried to dominate one another. Glorified is Allah above what they claim!

if God is perfect,he is sovereign,has power over all things.

if there are 2 divine beings,they must be perfect,now it is perfect to be sovereign and powerfull over all things,but this is impossible with multiple gods.even if as the christians,say that Allaah,who they call the father has power over I'saa and the holy spirit,because if those latter are divine,they must be sovereign over all things and themselves,and this is because they must be perfect due to being 'divine'(even if created timelessly by Allaah).

then,as the quran also says in another verse that argues for tawheed besides the fact that multiple ilaahaa would fight for the A'rsh,there would be ruin and chaos in the heavens and earth.

Also the idea that multiple gods would have harmony seeing it is a good trait,defeats the perfection of being sovereign and the sole bearer of all power and all might,and there being only one God would defeat a contradiction between perfections,which is itself not perfection if there were a lack of fulfillment of all perfections,and a sole God has harmony dependant on only himself with everything anyway because he is Qadir a'la kulli shay(controller of every affair),and thus perfect harmony instead of harmony on privation.

basically beings with parts,do not have their existance as their essence,and thus are not the last final conditioner of all conditions,and thus if there were not a being uniquely divine-being true existance and being itself,nothing would EVER exist.
אַל-תְּהִי צַדִּיק הַרְבֵּה, וְאַל-תִּתְחַכַּם יוֹתֵר: לָמָּה, תִּשּׁוֹמֵם. Be not righteous overmuch; neither make thyself overwise; why shouldest thou destroy thyself? -Ecclesiastes 7:16
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: CMV:There is a God,and he is absolutely one(Neoplatonism,sufism,islamic neoplatonism)

Post by Sam Vara »

Tutareture wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:51 pm ...
What is the connection between this, which is undoubtedly interesting to some, and Theravada? This section is "Connections to other paths", not "Other paths". If a link to Theravada can be demonstrated, it can stay open.
dharmacorps

Re: CMV:There is a God,and he is absolutely one(Neoplatonism,sufism,islamic neoplatonism)

Post by dharmacorps »

Is there a connection to Buddhism here, or just everything but? :tongue:
Tutareture

Post by Tutareture »

Sam Vara wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:54 pm
What is the connection between this, which is undoubtedly interesting to some, and Theravada? This section is "Connections to other paths", not "Other paths". If a link to Theravada can be demonstrated, it can stay open.
CMV=change my view.

Theravada denies a unique God,and I want my view changed that this is illogical.
אַל-תְּהִי צַדִּיק הַרְבֵּה, וְאַל-תִּתְחַכַּם יוֹתֵר: לָמָּה, תִּשּׁוֹמֵם. Be not righteous overmuch; neither make thyself overwise; why shouldest thou destroy thyself? -Ecclesiastes 7:16
Tutareture

Post by Tutareture »

dharmacorps wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:55 pm Is there a connection to Buddhism here, or just everything but? :tongue:
Yes,because theravada/buddhism denies a God and unconditioned conditioner of reality that is unique.

hence CMV.As to me the buddhist view is illogical.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Tutareture wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:55 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:54 pm
CMV=change my view.

Theravada denies a unique God,and I want my view changed that this is illogical.
I'd rather you changed your view on what this section was for.

That's not a connection - just a different view.

Locked.