AI draws Nibanna

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
cappuccino

Re: AI draws Nibanna

Post by cappuccino »

Emmett

“the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and

he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
Citta Trust

Post by Citta Trust »

[james] wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:24 pm
Citta Trust wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:12 am
Its based on the average intellectual interpretation of something beyond interpretation and even imagination...
If it is something beyond interpretation or imagination how would we even know if it was staring us in the face?
I think we can confirm that AI can never become a Buddha haha
On the basis of average intellectual interpretation, I don’t think such a confirmation can be made.
Really?

We can essilly break this down

Does the AI have formations/sankharas? Has it been here since beginingless time?

No... it sinply does not... if this doesnt resonate with you, lets go one step further... how about concioisness? No.... its artificial INTELLIGENCE...

Intelligence is one domain, wisdom the other, completely... you can search the internet as much as you want and intellectualise dependent origination and it will do nothing for your liberation... The Buddha called one monk an idiot or something equally as offensive because he only revised The Suttas, eachnand evrry birth of his.. it meant nothing

How about mentality materiality?

Those who see dependent origination see The Dhamma...

Those without the links can NEVER see it....

If youre somehow thinking of some hybrid, then that is also irrelevant, as one would have to ditch logical thinking at some stage (which is all artificial intelligence can ever bring) in order to become a Buddha or even an Arahant....
Its very simple

I suggest taking the practise seriously and not even giving this garbage a moments thought...

Be well :)
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

AI is a tool, not a being
Coaching
Dhammapardon

Post by Dhammapardon »

cappuccino wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:40 pm AI is a tool, not a being
A being is a tool. Neither are self.
Just as a bird, wherever it goes, flies with its wings as its only burden; so too is he content with a set of robes to provide for his body and almsfood to provide for his hunger. Wherever he goes, he takes only his barest necessities along. This is how a monk is content.(DN11)
Radix

Post by Radix »

Milinda wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:34 am Hi, according to an AI this is how it interpretates the term Nibanna.
What do you think, I think it's "too human".
It's an AI, taught by humans. Of course what it produces will be "too human", what else?

I find it interesting, though, how some of the humanoid figures in the pictures have no faces. I suppose this is how the AI renders "no self"; also the image with no humanoid figures in it, this also seems to be a rendering of "no self".
Western Buddhism is the perfect ideological supplement to rabid consumerist capitalism.
Glenn Wallis
jwstone

Post by jwstone »

I'm still confused on Nibanna. Is it a place? Is it a mode of existence? Is it a feeling? I get how the scripture says it's the deathless, etc. , but is there a PLACE the Buddha went to when he died? Does he still exist? Does he both exist and not exist? I've seen these same questions in the scriptures not really get answered.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

jwstone wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:36 pm I'm still confused on Nibanna. Is it a place? Is it a mode of existence? Is it a feeling? I get how the scripture says it's the deathless, etc. , but is there a PLACE the Buddha went to when he died? Does he still exist? Does he both exist and not exist? I've seen these same questions in the scriptures not really get answered.
Think of a man chained in a cell. When the chains are removed his has his liberty. Does it make sense though to say that his liberty really exists, or doesn’t exist or is some “place” somewhere? Nibbana is freedom. In terms of the Buddha you can’t say if he exists or not, because you can’t say if anything is real or not, when awakened, due to dependent origination.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

jwstone wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:36 pm but is there a PLACE the Buddha went to when he died? Does he still exist?
“There is that sphere where there is no earth, no water, no fire nor wind; no sphere of infinity of space, of infinity of consciousness, of nothingness or even of neither-perception-nor non-perception; there, there is neither this world nor the other world, neither moon nor sun; this sphere I call neither a coming nor a going nor a staying still, neither a dying nor a reappearance; it has no basis, no evolution and no support: this, just this, is the end of dukkha.”
~ Ud 8.1
Coaching
Gwi II

Post by Gwi II »

Nice niBAnna

MN 01:
Screenshot_20230808-092949_Samsung Internet.jpg
Gwi: "There are only-two Sakaṽādins:
Theraṽādå&Ṽibhajjaṽādå, the rest are
nonsakaṽādins!"