Becoming buddhist monk in India

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
metta1907

Becoming buddhist monk in India

Post by metta1907 »

Interested in Buddhist teaching and practices .Planning to become a monk in next 3 years. In India which monastery/ organisation should I join or in Myanmar, Thailand, srilanka? Please guide.

# Any significant difference in teaching/practices in India and other buddhist countries, in brief.

# I heard that indian buddhist monks are sent to srilanka, Myanmar and Thailand for higher studies/ordinations. Please clear.

Many Thanks to all.
JamesTheGiant

Re: Becoming buddhist monk in India

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Are you Indian citizen?
metta1907

Post by metta1907 »

Yes, I am.
Eko Care

Post by Eko Care »

metta1907 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:41 pm # Any significant difference in teaching/practices in .. buddhist countries, in brief.
Vinaya-comparison-of-monasteries
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

metta1907 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:17 amYes, I am.
in this forum, there was one indian who ordained in north east state...
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Bhikkhu Ariyananda

Post by Bhikkhu Ariyananda »

Dear Metta1907,

Congratulations! Wonderful to have the volition to Ordain, its a wonderful step towards the Goal of Nibbana! Although 3 years seem quite a long time away...why not drop the bait of the world and ordain now ..who knows the future?

I was born & raised in Bangalore, India, however I initially became "Samanera" in north east part of India ...Ambassa, Tripura and then took full ordination in Myanmar.

You can let me know which part of India you are from..how old you are? if you are practicing any type of meditation if yes from when and why do you want to ordain and we probably may proceed from there.

Write me an email to [email protected]

With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda
With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda
https://ledimonk.wordpress.com/

"Wanting has no END but freedom from WANTING has an END" - Ajahn Brahm
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Bhikkhu Ariyananda wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:51 am Dear Metta1907,

Congratulations! Wonderful to have the volition to Ordain, its a wonderful step towards the Goal of Nibbana! Although 3 years seem quite a long time away...why not drop the bait of the world and ordain now ..who knows the future?

I was born & raised in Bangalore, India, however I initially became "Samanera" in north east part of India ...Ambassa, Tripura and then took full ordination in Myanmar.

You can let me know which part of India you are from..how old you are? if you are practicing any type of meditation if yes from when and why do you want to ordain and we probably may proceed from there.

With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda
i wish to ordain after 10 years when i will be around 37 years old. I also want to escape suffering of this world. I prefer monestry with strict vinaya and good encouragement to jhana... is there any monestry in India?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
metta1907

Post by metta1907 »

Bhikkhu Ariyananda wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:51 am Dear Metta1907,

With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda
@Reverend Bhikkhu Ariyananda
Many Thanks !
* 37 yrs, practicing Vipassna since 30 March 2021 , govt servant., from Nagpur, Maharashtra.

* why want to ordain - In brief.

1) Becoming allergic to and feeling frequencies of disinterest in worldly affairs.

2) Realised that, materialistic life can not impart peace , whatever we do.

3) Due to extinction of buddhism in India, many generations have been spoiled/devastated due to superstitions and ignorance and it's still going on. Huge loss of humanity.

4) at the age of 21 , I was overloaded by worldly ambitions like higher and quality education, money, physical assets etc. Now can clearly see the futility of power, position, status etc.

With Love.
Bhikkhu Ariyananda

Post by Bhikkhu Ariyananda »

Dear Metta1907,

Sent you a pm

With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda
With Metta
Bhikkhu Ariyananda
https://ledimonk.wordpress.com/

"Wanting has no END but freedom from WANTING has an END" - Ajahn Brahm