Transmigration

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Neo

Transmigration

Post by Neo »

robertk wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:48 am https://suttacentral.net/sn15.14/en/suj ... ript=latin

Linked Discourses 15.14
Saṁyutta Nikāya 15.14
Chapter Two
2. Dutiyavagga
Mother
Mātusutta
At Sāvatthī.
Sāvatthiyaṁ viharati.
“Mendicants, transmigration has no known beginning. …
“Anamataggoyaṁ, bhikkhave, saṁsāro …pe…
It’s not easy to find a sentient being who in all this long time has not previously been your mother.
na so, bhikkhave, satto sulabharūpo yo namātābhūtapubbo iminā dīghena addhunā.

Why is that?
Taṁ kissa hetu?
Transmigration has no known beginning. …
Anamataggoyaṁ, bhikkhave, saṁsāro …pe…
This is quite enough for you to become disillusioned, dispassionate, and freed regarding all conditions.”
alaṁ vimuccitun”ti.
This is telling about mother, father, brother, sister.
Ok, what about wife & husband?
Sexual relation to be precise!
Neo

Re: Transmigration

Post by Neo »

No sutta about this?

Logically it looks so.

Then in that case father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, any other relationships are all fake.

There is no relation, what to feel proud about?
This world is made up of fu*rs, what's there to respect for?

If such is the case then only task or worthy-work is to seclude and practice for escape-path as diligently as possible.

If such is the case then deluded are those who follow such relationships because they are just way too weak and need these kind of objects to hide sexual feelings in public.

If such is the case, wtf am I doing in this world. That also means I am also one of the fu*rs!

It's just too much pathetic gross.
santa100

Post by santa100 »

Neo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:59 am No sutta about this?

Logically it looks so.

Then in that case father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, any other relationships are all fake.

There is no relation, what to feel proud about?
This world is made up of fu*rs, what's there to respect for?

If such is the case then only task or worthy-work is to seclude and practice for escape-path as diligently as possible.

If such is the case then deluded are those who follow such relationships because they are just way too weak and need these kind of objects to hide sexual feelings in public.

If such is the case, wtf am I doing in this world. That also means I am also one of the fu*rs!

It's just too much pathetic gross.
Since you're "Neo", I'd assume you already watched the Matrix series? if you did, you'd certainly remember the restaurant scene where Cipher made a deal with Agent Smith. Cipher is fully aware of the truth, just like Morpheus, Neo, and the rest of the crew, yet he's incapable of handling it, hence decided to return back inside the Matrix. There's a huge difference between knowing the truth versus living it.
Neo

Post by Neo »

This is just a username, neo instead of 'new user'. No idea about Matrix series. But got your point.

Only immediate instinct is to wear robe and start..
But decision made in hurry won't be fruitful. So I would still go with
Neo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:30 am .. place for meditation ..