Inspiring Words

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Inspiring Words

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

The soul attracts that which it secretly harbours; that which it loves, and also that which it fears; it reaches the height of its cherished aspirations; it falls to the level of its unchastened desires,—and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.

Every thought-seed sown or allowed to fall into the mind, and to take root there, produces its own, blossoming sooner or later into act, and bearing its own fruitage of opportunity and circumstance. Good thoughts bear good fruit, bad thoughts bad fruit.
From As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

“There is a light that shines beyond all things on earth, beyond the highest, the very highest heavens. This is the light that shines in your heart.” —Chandogya Upanishad

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
thepea

Post by thepea »

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
- George Carlin
denise

Post by denise »

"My experience is what i agree to tend to. Only items i notice shape my mind"....William James
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Humans themselves are makers of themselves - by virtue of the thoughts which they choose and encourage; for mind is the master-weaver, both of the inner garment of character and the outer garment of circumstance.
James Allen
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
denise

Post by denise »

"the thought of judgement, criticism and condemnation must, in time, operate against the one who sets it in motion" Ernest Holmes
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!

http://biblehub.com/bsb/matthew/18.htm

:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
denise

Post by denise »

"Because I could not stop for Death,/ He kindly stopped for me; / The Carriage held but just ourselves/ And Immortality." Emily Dickenson
manas

Post by manas »

Kusala wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:15 pm Image
Wonderful quote. :thumbsup:
To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
WindSong

Post by WindSong »

I recently heard someone say, "In order to be content, you have to have the right CONtent." Om Mani Padi Hum
denise

Post by denise »

"a high and mighty disdain for all discussion of abstract ideas is simply another form of mental confusion" from: Tyranny of words
manas

Post by manas »

To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.
aflatun

Post by aflatun »

A layman said: “Some years ago, I asked you what I should do to stop wayward thoughts from arising, and you instructed me: ‘Let them just arise or cease as they will.’ But, since then, although I’ve taken your advice to heart, I’ve found it hard to let my thoughts just arise or cease like this.”

The Master told him: “The reason you’re having difficulty is that you think there’s some special way to let your thoughts just arise or cease as they will.”

Peter Haskel. Bankei Zen: Translations from the Record of Bankei
"People often get too quick to say 'there's no self. There's no self...no self...no self.' There is self, there is focal point, its not yours. That's what not self is."

Ninoslav Ñāṇamoli
Senses and the Thought-1, 42:53

"Those who create constructs about the Buddha,
Who is beyond construction and without exhaustion,
Are thereby damaged by their constructs;
They fail to see the Thus-Gone.

That which is the nature of the Thus-Gone
Is also the nature of this world.
There is no nature of the Thus-Gone.
There is no nature of the world."

Nagarjuna
MMK XXII.15-16
aflatun

Post by aflatun »

A visiting monk asked: “If one truly realizes the Unborn, after the four elements of the physical body have dispersed, will he be born again or not?”

The Master replied: “In the place of the Unborn, the whole question of being born or not being born is irrelevant.”

Peter Haskel. Bankei Zen: Translations from the Record of Bankei
"People often get too quick to say 'there's no self. There's no self...no self...no self.' There is self, there is focal point, its not yours. That's what not self is."

Ninoslav Ñāṇamoli

Nagarjuna
MMK XXII.15-16
aflatun

Post by aflatun »

When there is nothing left to surrender, nothing left to give, only then can we come to the end of the passage - the ending of consciousness and its personally subjective God. One glimpse of the Godhead, and no one would want God back.

Bernadette Roberts

Ninoslav Ñāṇamoli

Nagarjuna
MMK XXII.15-16