Sex is always unwholesome

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
wenjaforever

Re: Sex is always unwholesome

Post by wenjaforever »

Petas have a hunger for sensuality that are never fulfilled. Sensuality is basically love. And love correlate with sex. Petas are miserable because lack of love, nobody loves them because they're ugly and deformed. Love or sensuality can only be found in beauty. So I think you have no grounds to claim that sex is always unwholesome. This is very misleading. People who are born deformed are basically the result of their parents trying to tamper with karma. Through moon child rituals for example.
money is worthless toilet paper • the tongue has no bone (a person might say one thing but it cannot be further from the truth) • you cannot teach a goat math as in you cannot teach the dhamma to a dumb person
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:03 am People who are born deformed are basically the result of
This is the way that leads to ugliness, that is to say, to be furious, angry, ill-disposed, resentful, and to show ill-temper, hate and surliness.

This is the way that leads to beauty, that is to say, not to be angry or given to much rage; even when much is said, not to be furious, angry, ill-disposed or resentful, or to show ill-temper, hate or surliness.

Cula-kammavibhanga Sutta: The Shorter Exposition of Kamma
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:12 pmThis is the way that leads to ugliness, that is to say, to be furious, angry, ill-disposed, resentful, and to show ill-temper, hate and surliness.

This is the way that leads to beauty, that is to say, not to be angry or given to much rage; even when much is said, not to be furious, angry, ill-disposed or resentful, or to show ill-temper, hate or surliness.

Cula-kammavibhanga Sutta: The Shorter Exposition of Kamma
Like I said you will need a set of proof to convince me :toast:
money is worthless toilet paper • the tongue has no bone (a person might say one thing but it cannot be further from the truth) • you cannot teach a goat math as in you cannot teach the dhamma to a dumb person
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:43 pm convince me
I cannot convince anyone

:quote:
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:40 pmI cannot convince anyone

:quote:
Being deformed and ugly are not necessarily the same thing. You can be ugly but healthy as an ox at the same time. Being deformed is a completely different existence.
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:10 pm Being deformed and ugly are not necessarily the same thing.
Beauty Equals Goodness

tvtropes
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:27 pmBeauty Equals Goodness

tvtropes
Mara is almost a Brahma retinue. You're saying he's horned and ugly looking like a goat or ox?
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:32 pm Mara is almost a Brahma retinue. You're saying he's horned and ugly looking like a goat or ox?
Don’t know
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:39 pmDon’t know
Do you know the difference between spiritual, sensual and sexual?
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:49 pm Do you know the difference between spiritual, sensual and sexual?
They are different
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

cappuccino wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:55 pmThey are different
You are surely enlightened bhante
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

wenjaforever wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:05 pm
cappuccino wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:55 pmThey are different
You are surely enlightened bhante
no one ever would suspect

:coffee:
Coaching
wenjaforever

Post by wenjaforever »

Sex is a victimless crime at worst if you ask me just like digital piracy. If sex is unwholesome who do we do wrong?
brunobr

Post by brunobr »

Some defilements (eg. Craving. Conceit) can be skillfully used to advance in the Dhamma. But it's not possible to use sexual desire skillfully, so it must be “cut down to the root”. That's why bhikkhus and bhikkhunis need to abandon sexual practice completely. (https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html).

Nevertheless, it is possible for sexually active lay people to have some realization in Dhamma. In this case, it is useful to understand the perils and disadvantages of sensual pleasures and the benefits of virtuous behavior. It is also useful to understand the benefits of mind cultivation apart from sensual pleasures and unskillful qualities (https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html). Practice of Eight Precepts (even casual practice like the days of Uposatha) is useful too.

Those who are not ready to abandon sexual desire completely can attain a good rebirth and the preliminary stages of Enlightenment- Sottapana and Once-Returner. From the point of Once-Returner onwards, abandoning sensual desire is mandatory to further progress. And those who renounce sensual pleasures from the start may advance faster and with less problems in the practice of Dhamma.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

Sex life is the shackles of Samsara.

Stay a while and suffer in desire.

Or cease and look for a Higher calling.

:anjali:
Last edited by Mahabrahma on Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.